Forums

Topic: Super Guide to feature in Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Posts 21 to 25 of 25

BrainBoxLtd

theblackdragon wrote:

Starcross64 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

it really annoys me. i have to be careful not to die 8 times in a row or else it'll pop up and i won't get that star by my file... if they're putting it in again, i want the option to turn it off. if i want to be shown how to do something, i'll check gamefaqs.

You could die 100 times in a level, but if you don't ever actually hit the block, you can still get all stars. And I'm pretty sure (but not positive), that even if yo do hit it, you can still go back and do it on your own and still get 5 stars. =3

But I think the Super Guide is a good idea. It basically gives Nintendo permission to make the games harder, yet still cater to the people that don't have as much practice at Mario games.

i read someplace that even seeing the block makes you unable to get that star. i don't want to risk it :/

The stars don't sparkle if you see the Super Guide Block, you still get them. At least that's what GameFAQS said when I checked them. =P

LzWinky

You know what this means? Galaxy 2 might be harder

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theblackdragon

BrainBoxLtd wrote:

The stars don't sparkle if you see the Super Guide Block, you still get them. At least that's what GameFAQS said when I checked them. =P

that's what it was. i want my sparkly stars, dangit! lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Ladd_Spencer

Sean+Aaron wrote:

This might actually sell me the game. I actually liked Super Mario Galaxy, but the shadow races really pissed me off (not something gamefaqs is going to cure either, as it's just down to platforming skill which I clearly lack), so anything that can get me past that sort of rubbish is welcome. Still unlikely to buy it at launch as with the first one though.

The shadow races were not very hard. And just because you cannot beat them, that does not make them 'rubbish'.

Also, should your stars sparkle if you lose that many times? It is a reward for good players, I like the challenge test.

Can't please everyone I guess, games go from too easy to too hard in an eye blink. Also, it was lol-worthy when the game media presented NSMBWii as the hardest Mario since Lost Levels. Riiiiiight....

Edited on by Ladd_Spencer

We have acquired......!

Axoloth

If this means SMG2 will be more challenging, then I'm all thumbs up.
Also give me a larger hub, and a couple of planets at the size of a SM64/SMS world, and I'll be very happy.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.