Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS

Posts 161 to 180 of 391

Arigner

romulux wrote:

huzzah! the trick is to search using katakana. here's the flashback scene at 5:45; i like the english one better.
[youtube:ZlkslA_ZuBI]

ridley starts here at about 6:00. this time i think the japanese version is better... something about the japanese language just lends itself to freaking out so much better:
[youtube:nIYtl0nzZhg]

the guy hasn't uploaded any further, so i didn't get to see the adam/sector zero scene. that's the one i really want to see, since in the english version there are a lot of awkward pauses that i think are a result of dubbing.

Humm! When in english Anthony sais : You got no style!, he yell Bastard in japanese.... talk about localisation!

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

zane

So I just finished hardmode clocked in on 5 hours and 16 minutes and it pisses me off XD Ridley was a real pain in the neck try like 20 times before i killed him and the muppet lavaboss killed me a lot 2. Since almost? all of the other Metroid games has special endings for finishing in a short time this one should have to? Bah however I've finished it twice now so time for a trade in and watch the uploading on youtube for the secret endings

Old Nintendofan from up north...

romulux

sector zero in japanese:
[youtube:M-48oqQ5dQc]

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grumblebuzzz

I really enjoyed the Ridley scene as well. I think it was used to build dread and anticipation for the battle more so than anything. This is the first time that I was ever nervous to push the button and begin fighting Ridley in a Metroid game, so thumbs up. I found the story to be fantastic and don't really see what all the negative hullabaloo was all about. I'm completely fascinated with MB's character and I have a feeling that this may not be the last we see of her. Same goes for Anthony; I just absolutely LOVED the script and all the character development. Finished the game last night and I plan to watch the entire story unfold again a la theater mode tonight. =D

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

romulux

that's awesome
Untitled
Untitled

Edwicket

@ zane

Do you unlock anything or get any kind of reward for beating it on hard?

Edwicket

romulux

^no, you get nothing but the satisfaction of knowing you're a bada**.

Deviant_Mugen

I've been wanting that boxart since before I knew that the entire Power Suit piece was a slipcover. Hopefully I can find someone selling just the box on eBay sometime...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

am i the only one who's having a hard time figuring out which part sakamoto was referring to when he said the gravity suit looked out of place? the dramatic peak of the game is adam's death and you get the suit after that. aside from the ending sequence with madeline bergman there's nothing else, and i don't know why it would have wrecked that scene. maybe you'd have to see the suit model to understand...

i wish they had at last let you have the gravity suit when you were underwater or in zero g, then let it revert to your normal suit otherwise just like the glow does now. that glow doesn't do anything for me.

Adam

I always thought the gravity suit looked the best. SAKAMOTO RUINED METROID

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Arigner

Adam wrote:

I always thought the gravity suit looked the best. SAKAMOTO RUINED METROID

What? HE removed the purple colored suit because it was out of place? God that is so sexist. 2/5

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Bigdog

Even worse... Mother Brain was a WOMAN. Samus punches Anthony at the end scene.

Gawd this game is sexist... and racist... 2/5

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

romulux

maybe he removed it for the super secret third ending where you fight sepiroth.

speaking of secret endings, i was thinking of how cool it would have been if instead of item collecting for the second ending you had been allowed to control adam during his self destruct rampage in sector zero. you'd get to do that classic metroid ending segment that everyone wanted to do, but the downside is that it would probably ruin the memory of his death. who needs dignity?

retired_account

Anthony's a bad.

Just beat it (epilogue too). Pretty awesome, though the ending felt a bit loose, and all three final bosses were kinda anticlimactic. I'm really looking forward to beating this 100%.

Edited on by theblackdragon

retired_account

Adam

After you beat Zelda II, right?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Noire

Bigdog wrote:

Mother Brain was a WOMAN.

MB was a what? I totally thought he was a really beautiful man. Well that ruins it for me... god this game is... androgynist(?) 2/5

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

retired_account

I'm currently going through a Metroid craze, Adam. I've played hardly any games besides Other M and Zero Mission lately. I'd like to pick up Fusion soon too.

Need. Moar. Samus!!

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, but this is easily my favorite version of Samus yet. I think they absolutely nailed her look this time around. She looks way better than she did in Prime Trilogy, to say the least.

retired_account

Don

Who's that girl at the end of the E3 2009 trailer?

Don

BulbasaurusRex

I'm pretty sure you're referring to MB, the Mother Brain AI Android.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.