Forums

Topic: Skyward Sword - have I found another game-breaking bug? (spoilers!)

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Ruairi

So from what I can see, my save file is broken and I'm going to have to start the game again. The really irritating thing is I didn't actually complete all the steps that Nintendo claimed caused this bug (see http://kotaku.com/5865426/game+breaking-skyward-sword-bug-con... Here's what I've done and what happened:
1. I did the Tadtone collection in Faron Woods and got the Water Dragon's part of the Song of the Hero.
2. I went to the Lanayru Mine Entry; as soon as I landed, Goro spoke to me. I then remembered hearing about the game breaking bug at this section and looked it up so I could avoid it.
3. I decided to play it safe and leave for Eldin Volcano without progressing any further in Lanayru Mine Entry (I didn't even talk to Golo again).
4. The event (supposed to be a volcano eruption, I think) now does not occur when I enter Eldin Volcano.
Tragically, I've saved since then and if this is terminal, I'll have to start again.
Anyone else seen/heard about this version of the bug? I'm also open to the possibility that I've done something wrong and the game isn't actually broken.

Ruairi

SLiM

I would try continuing your quest in Lanayru, and if the Eldin Volcano event doesn't occur after you have gotten your song from the Thunder Dragon, then you might have to consider starting a new game.

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7489-4974
NNID: SLiM33

Ruairi

SLiM wrote:

I would try continuing your quest in Lanayru, and if the Eldin Volcano event doesn't occur after you have gotten your song from the Thunder Dragon, then you might have to consider starting a new game.

I made an identical thread on Reddit and got the same advice. You were right, I finished the Thunder Dragon bit, stayed the hell away from Golo and then entered Eldin Volcano and got the eruption as I should. Thanks mate!

Ruairi

TeeJay

Skyward Sword does have a game breaking glitch. Nintendolife has already covered it in this article.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.