Forums

Topic: Racing games on the Wii?

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Splat

My brother just got a Wii and asked me about what racing games are worth getting and since I'm not really a fan of racing game (outside of Mario Kart) I don't know what to tell him help?

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Splat

Excitebots sounds like something he might like and they have it for under $20 on Amazon.

JebbyDeringer

Excite Bots is really well done but you need to be accepting of racing transforming bugs which I'm not so much. Excite Trucks is nearly as good but a little more down to earth reality based. I haven't played any others except Mario Kart. Track Mania was good on the PC years ago so I imagine it's still just as good.

JebbyDeringer

Rob_mc_1

Excite Truck also has MP3 support.

♠♦♣

SKTTR

The best ones I know of:

Excite Truck
Excite Bots: Trick Racing
Trackmania
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Mario Kart Wii

Excitebike: World Challenge (WiiWare)
Art Style: light trax (WiiWare)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Splat

Thanks for the help guys.

BulbasaurusRex

vonseux wrote:

I would say AVOID Sega All Stars Racing... it has framerate issues and the only thing it tries to do is Copy Mario Kart, so stick with the original. The huge online system and exciting local multiplayer will keep you busy for years.

Copying Mario Kart isn't a bad thing, and it has a MUCH better Battle Mode.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

andyutd97

Sega All Stars Racing is kinda fun so you might aswell pick it up if your after a new challenge. I find it slightly harder than mario kart but then saying that it isnt hard is it.

andyutd97

Incognito_D

For what it's worth, I enjoyed Sega All-Stars Racing. All it needed was a Shenmue track! It does help if you're a Sega fan though. Otherwise you won't know who the characters are or where the tracks are set.

シェンムー

Gamesake

The Wii isn't known for it's RPGs, but racing is the genre that really gets the shaft. If you're a Wii owner, you buy Mario Kart Wii and/or Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. I hope you like Go Karts.

Speed Racer is a game you may also want to check out. Speed Racer controls well but it is one ugly bare bones Wii game. I wouldn't mention it except it sells for $10 or $15 on Amazon. At that price you could just pretend it was an exceptional WiiWare game and be happy--but it probably won't impress your friends or any Speed Racer fans.

...in my pants.

Platypus

You can also try Trackmania and need for speed nitro.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

OldBoy

Racing games and Wii in the same sentence? LOL, good one.
Tis a shame that the Wii has been so shafted in this genre.Especially considering that the Gamecube had two of my all time fave racers (Burnout 2 / F-Zero GX). Theres no reason that the Wii shouldn't have good racers, its the likes of EA who put so much effort into the HD racers NFS etc but then just churn out shoddy dross like the NFS Wii game. Fortunatley I have a 360 for my racing fixes but I feel sorry for Wii only owning racers.

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

SMW

SEGA Racing is great. The online mode is close to dead, though.

Drift Mania is a pretty fun top-down racer. It supports up to eight players locally. (4 people use Wii Remotes and 4 people use nunchuks.)

ExciteBike: World Rally is a great remake of the NES classic. (No local multiplayer, though.)

There is also MotoHeroz, just announced recently. Its a platforming racer, or a racing platformer? Something like that, check the video here: http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2011/02/motoheroz_traile...

SMW

GEOFF

F-Zero GX

GEOFF

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.