Forums

Topic: Pricing of Used Original Wii in 2019

Posts 21 to 23 of 23

ThanosReXXX

@KingMike Yes there was, and you can still get them, albeit pre-owned and/or refurbished:
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Black-Nintendo-Wii-Console...

@sr9speed The GameCube compatible red one was released later, and the big difference was that the black one was just a regular model, while the red one with GameCube ports was the Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Mario bundle, and is VERY hard to come by. Nowadays, they're probably worth a pretty penny, and you'd be lucky to find one for anything even remotely close to a normal price.

EDIT:
There were only two other colors besides the white, black and red one, namely blue and light blue. No other colors were ever released. Well, unless you count the Wii Mini, which had a red case and a black disc cover. It was a top loader model, and had the least features of all models, so not worth buying or owning, unless you're a collector:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

sr9speed

@ThanosReXXX I didn't think the red ones were that rare. I know they are definitely uncommon but I'd think trying to find one wouldn't be extremely difficult as long as they're not mint in box.

sr9speed

ThanosReXXX

@sr9speed Well, there's "ordinary" red ones, which aren't GameCube compatible, and then there's the GameCube compatible Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Mario version. I think the "Limited Edition" part already speaks volumes towards it not being that common...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.