Forums

Topic: Overrated Wii Games

Posts 261 to 280 of 293

strenny

My first play-through of smg2 and nsmb wii made me think " Yep... perfect games, but doesn't deliver + feel as good as smg1 and nsmb ds". BUT, with both games i returned playing them months later in order to get 100%. And this was, where the both really started shining. so i wonder if there are more games that are easily considered overrated too quickly...

strenny

SKTTR

strenny wrote:

My first play-through of smg2 and nsmb wii made me think " Yep... perfect games, but doesn't deliver + feel as good as smg1 and nsmb ds". BUT, with both games i returned playing them months later in order to get 100%. And this was, where the both really started shining. so i wonder if there are more games that are easily considered overrated too quickly...

Other M

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

strenny

Exactly ! That was the same case !

strenny

noname001

I totally agree with you on Other M. Playing through I thought of the game as 'good,'... but then once I beat the story boss, and got to collecting items all around the ship to reach the last big scene, I absolutely loved it.

noname001

Chrono_Cross

Other M was awful and for good reasons too.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

abINC4L

OtherL wrote:

Epic Mickey, I haven't play it yet, so it must be overrated.

It simply didn't deliver. I didn't play it but it's because I don't want to buy it full price (or even half price right now). The storyline is apparently amazing but the horrible camera is what basically killed it. It's sucks that something that should've been an amazing game got killed by camera issues.

NNID: AB88INC4L

Grumble_Grumble

No More Heroes is horrendous. It is popular with children gamers and gamers who act like children because it makes obscene references.

Grumble_Grumble

CanisWolfred

Grumble_Grumble wrote:

No More Heroes is horrendous. It is popular with children gamers and gamers who act like children because it makes obscene references.

Maybe it just doesn't connect with your sense of humor.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Cia

abHS4L wrote:

OtherL wrote:

Epic Mickey, I haven't play it yet, so it must be overrated.

It simply didn't deliver. I didn't play it but it's because I don't want to buy it full price (or even half price right now). The storyline is apparently amazing but the horrible camera is what basically killed it. It's sucks that something that should've been an amazing game got killed by camera issues.

Is it possible to game be bad just because it has camera issues. I've played many amazing games with subpar camera systems. It may be a matter of taste, but i always put the artistic and atmospheric values of game before it's technical execution, if it's not completely broken. There are many games which are technically almost "perfect", but lack seriously interesting content. Example: Any developer can make a technically perfect FPS game, if all it consists is never ending net of undetailed, grey corridors.

Cia

CanisWolfred

Whatever hinders the experience in any way is definitely a bad thing. If the camera hinders the experience, and I've not met anyone who likes the camera in Epic Mickey, then it's a bad thing, and for some that makes it a "bad game".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KaiserGX

Mickeymac wrote:

Grumble_Grumble wrote:

Maybe it just doesn't connect with your sense of humor.

I liked everything about the game except for the gameplay. Lol oh but I liked the minigames.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Stargazer

I thoroughly enjoyed the first No More Heroes. The 2nd supposedly fixed everything that was wrong with the 1st one, but I did not enjoy it. Weird.

Stargazer

andyutd97

It may be a controversial choice but I feel New Super Mario Bros is over rated.

andyutd97

noname001

Nice addition to the conversation. Cough cough.

noname001

yoyogamer

I think all first party wii games are underrated. TP is my favorite Zelda, and SSBB is my favorite fighting game.

Edited on by yoyogamer

This is a signature.

SonicMaster

@yoyo so you're saying all Wii games deserve 11+/10?

SonicMaster

goldboy27

new super mario brothers wii is overrated WAY Overrated

PSN Name
Paperluigi1000

Cia

yoyogamer wrote:

I think all first party wii games are underrated. TP is my favorite Zelda, and SSBB is my favorite fighting game.

TP has a metacritic score of 95 and Brawl 93, so i wouldn't call them actually underrated. Well, i would give TP 97 and brawl 96...

Cia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.