Forums

Topic: Official Nintendo Magazine answers your questions on New Super Mario Bros Wii

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Kid_A

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12629
(That is a link to part one. Keep reading the above article and you'll find links to parts 2 and 3)

Official Nintendo Magazine (who recently scored the game a 96%) compiled all the questions their readers have been asking about the game and decided to answer them one by one. It's well worth a read, especially if you're on the fence about the game.
The most encouraging thing I read was that you don't even have to bother with the multiplayer aspect if you don't want to (although I most certainly want to). The game's single player campaign is apparently every bit as compelling as past Mario games, and it looks to be an improvement over NSMBDS in just about every way.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

warioswoods

What's Nintendo: the Official Magazine? Is that a UK version of Nintendo Power? I'm confused.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Chunky_Droid

I'd imagine so, Australia has one by almost the same name, it's called Official Nintendo Magazine

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

Outrunner

Yes, ONM is the UK's official Nintendo mag.
Thanks for posting this, it's great. I've been re-reading their review since the mag came out on friday and drooling at the screenshots. It's going to be great!

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Odnetnin

"Can the Classic Controller be used to play this game?
No.

Is there a feature where you can take snapshots?
No.

Is the DS version compatible with it in a way that it might unlock a new feature, level or item?
No.

Is the game Nunchuk compatible? I hate the D-pad.
No."
LOL.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

IAmNotWill

"Did you find the game difficult? If so, did you end up using the Super Guide and how often did you use it?
I never had to use the Super Guide, but bear in mind that I've been playing Mario games since I was three and have played the original Super Mario Bros. at least once a week for the past 23 years. I can blitz through Super Mario World with no problems nowadays, yet I still found this very tough at times, so that should give you an indication"

Thank you Nintendo for the Super Guide.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Stevie

"but bear in mind that I've been playing Mario games since I was three and have played the original Super Mario Bros. at least once a week for the past 23 years. "

Thats dedication

I'm waiting patiently counting down the days.......

RandomWiiPlayer

__Stevie wrote:

"but bear in mind that I've been playing Mario games since I was three and have played the original Super Mario Bros. at least once a week for the past 23 years. "

Thats dedication

I wouldn't use the word dedication for that.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Kid_A

[quote=warioswoods]What's Nintendo: the Official Magazine? Is that a UK version of Nintendo Power? quote]
Yep. Except way better. I wish Nintendo Power had a nice website like this one.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

warioswoods

True, the site's alright, but the name is terrible. Nintendo Power is a name that brings back fond memories, back when the only resource for hidden game secrets and upcoming titles was the N's own lovely publication.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

theblackdragon

WhoKnew wrote:

"Did you find the game difficult? If so, did you end up using the Super Guide and how often did you use it?
I never had to use the Super Guide, but bear in mind that I've been playing Mario games since I was three and have played the original Super Mario Bros. at least once a week for the past 23 years. I can blitz through Super Mario World with no problems nowadays, yet I still found this very tough at times, so that should give you an indication"

this is what i want to hear!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Raylax

__Stevie wrote:

Thats dedication

That's not dedication, that's terrifyingly obsessive. How exactly do you continue to squeeze joy out of a game you've been playing for 23 years straight? D:

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Raylax

|-----SPOILER WARNING-----|
'Cos I'm nice like that.

"What did you think to seeing Bowser Jr and the Koopa Kids together in the same game? Did you think Bowser Jr's new mini Koopa Clown car makes him cooler? I think he looks epic in it!
I can't really talk about that much because it's near the end of the game and I don't want to give away any spoilers"

You just did, moron

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Bass_X0

warioswoods wrote:

True, the site's alright, but the name is terrible. Nintendo Power is a name that brings back fond memories, back when the only resource for hidden game secrets and upcoming titles was the N's own lovely publication.

It used to be called Nintendo Magazine System until the N64 came out.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Fuzzy

Does riding on Yoshi add the cool drums in the background like in Super Mario World?
Yes!

I'm not sure if I've noticed that before. I'm gonna go check it out.
EDIT: Wow, I'm amazed. Out of the hundreds of times I've played this game through my whole life, it never clicked to me that the drums started when you were on Yoshi! I must be part-deaf. or part-stupid!

Edited on by Fuzzy

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Machu

I used to call ONM a 'screenshot pamphlet', but they started adding content a while back, now it aint half bad.

ty 4 the link, tis good reading.

Rawr!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.