Forums

Topic: Nyko Peripherals

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Digiki

Nyko has been making peripherals for the Wii since the start, they look to be high quality (the Wand however is super ugly).

Anyways at Wal-Mart today, I saw they had the Wing and Kama (Classic Controller & Nunchuck, respectively...) packaged together for the low price of $10, so I bought a set.

I've yet to play with them, but they feel quite good
I'll put the Wing to the test with some VC games later today.

JTC-Pingas

I have the Nyko Wii Remote charger. 2 rechargeable battery packs and charge station.

JTC-Pingas

irken004

I don't buy 3rd party stuff. I don't trust them.

Edited on by irken004

ItsFuzzyPickles

The Nyko Charging Station is amazing. It works every time and no more changing batteries.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Magicpegasus

I've been using their charger for over a year. i don't know if it's a problem with my controllers or what, but they'll drain batteries overnight, even when they're not being used. One of them won't charge anymore but will work if it has fresh batteries. It sucks that i have to take the batteries out every time i stop playing though.

3DS FC:4468 1027 0929

Raylax

They're good quality apparently, but... they need to find their designer and fire him. Or have him shot. The products are pug ugly.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Digiki

Raylax wrote:

They're good quality apparently, but... they need to find their designer and fire him. Or have him shot. The products are pug ugly.

You think that even the Wing is ugly? I personally like the Wing's look more than the Nintendo CCs.

theblackdragon

@Magicpegasus: your batteries might be going. Mine started doing the same after two years of good use -- they worked great up until the end, when they started holding less and less of a charge and finally were dead as soon as you hit the A button. i still haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Vendetta

I acqiired 5 of the original Kama wireless 'chuks, just as they were being phased out for the uglyass redesigned model Nintendo's lawsuit compelled them to release instead. Took me a bunch of phone calls and trips to three different stores, but it was worth it. The originals were IDENTICAL to the OEM version, sans cord. I could understand Big N's beef over it.

Edited on by Vendetta

Vendetta

kevohki

irken004 wrote:

I don't buy 3rd party stuff. I don't trust them.

I second that. Only third party peripheral that I would consider is a solidly made arcade stick for fighting games. For batteries I have a Rayovac 15-minute charger that works great.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

the_shpydar

@Vendetta
Agreed on their original-design wireless kama. I too was fortunate to grab one just before the lawsuit ruling. And yes, Ninty certainly had a right to get angry; if not for the weight of it and wireless sync button, you pretty much can't tell the two apart side by side.

Oh and, the wireless receiver that plugs into the 'Mote is extra fun when combined with the Perfect Shot; it's like slapping in a tiny, tiny ammo clip. =)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

sandpiper

I bought their gun controller attachment. it didn't last long. The orange rubber tip that held the Wiimote in place soon broke off. o_O

sandpiper

Toon_Link

Konata wrote:

I have the Nyko Wii Remote charger. 2 rechargeable battery packs and charge station.

Me too.

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

RandomWiiPlayer

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

The Nyko Charging Station is amazing. It works every time and no more changing batteries.

That thing is a piece of crap. I had it less than 5 months and it stopped working completely.

And I don't mind 3rd party controllers. The controller I use for my GameCube is made by GameStop. My Nintendo one and my Intel ones broke. They lasted a long time though, they broke from my brother's abuse.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

sandpiper

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

That thing is a piece of crap. I had it less than 5 months and it stopped working completely.

Same thing happened to me with my Nyko charger. It worked fine for awhile then out of the blue it stopped charging. My bro has the same charger and has problems with his too. I also didn't like how the rubber grip got nasty after awhile.

sandpiper

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.