Forums

Topic: No colors onscreen problem. Problem description.

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

pppppp

Hi everybody! This is my first post here

My sister bought an used nintendo Wii, original white big one: RVL 001 (EUR)
It came with a three color RCA cable: RVL 009

I have three CRT tvs, two with RCA input, one mono, one stereo and one with just RF. I even bought an RF switch ;(

None of them displays color. Only black and white (white balance?) I tested the same wii and cable in a friend's plasma and the color shows, just like the seller's lcd.

I know the quickest answer is: upgrade your TV. But I would like an explanation about this problem. It is not resolution related. This cable has only one video stream and two audio, how is it possible I get only black and white on my tvs at home??? I even bought a matching RF switch D:

Again, I would like to understand the problem first. Thank you

pppppp

LordJumpMad

I have no idea what you are saying, but your name sounds like you have to use the bathroom.
The restroom is this way. ------>

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

pppppp

I am not talking about ANY game in particular. The Wii itself only displays black and white on my CRTs o.O

I go to the mii channel, and it is black and white. epic mickey 2 and skyward sword are in b&w too.

Plugged the same system in those other tvs (one lcd one plasma) and I can see colors.

What is the theory behind this issue? That is what I want to know.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/102472
This hyperlink contains, so far, the most serious comments about this issue. But maybe i can get more specific help from nintendo forums!

pppppp

WesCash

Are you plugging into the composite (R/W/Y) jacks on the TVs?
Do any of the TVs have component (R/W/G/B/R) inputs?

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

pppppp

one of them is 30 years old and has an RCA input with 1 video (yellow) and 1 audio (red), lol

another one has two video inputs (lol), one front and one rear, both r/w/y. And one labeled as dvd, which must be component (3 video inputs)

the other one only has RF and I am using an rf switch with R/W/Y

btw, using the rf switch in the first two tvs also yields black and white only.

pppppp

theblackdragon

what kind of TVs are you using? If they're not PAL TVs, that could be your problem — attempting to use a PAL Wii with a NTSC TV gives a black and white image only, no color.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

unrandomsam

pppppp wrote:

I am not talking about ANY game in particular. The Wii itself only displays black and white on my CRTs o.O

I go to the mii channel, and it is black and white. epic mickey 2 and skyward sword are in b&w too.

Plugged the same system in those other tvs (one lcd one plasma) and I can see colors.

What is the theory behind this issue? That is what I want to know.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/102472
This hyperlink contains, so far, the most serious comments about this issue. But maybe i can get more specific help from nintendo forums!

Sounds like what happens when you connect a PAL Wii using the svideo cable. (Everything black and white).

When you connect an NTSC Wii over RGB scart then you only get red.

Composite normally works with both those (At least on a PAL CRT).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

Try connecting over component to the one you have the option of doing so - dvd video. (Get the cheapest cable you can just to test. Then get the proper Nintendo one if you get colour).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.