Wii Forum

Topic: Nintendo stops production of the Wii.....

Showing 1 to 13 of 13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

1. Posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/21/4861772/nintendo-wii-produ...

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

2. Posted:

pokepearl wrote:

Nintendo are thick sometimes they don't know what's best to do they think everybody will stop liking Wii and like Wii U

or that spoiled kids will break their Wiis to get the WiiU. :p

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

3. Posted:

^did you even see WiiU? it's closer to an HD copy of N64(or Gamecube) with a screen in the controller and added support to Wii Remotes and even so it's not exactly it, that console has potential it's just that Nintendo's focusing a little too much on the 3DS for now, or waiting to make a move only after the other two consoles of this gen comes out, though it wouldn't be a smart move(WiiU has some really amazing games and I want it but they could start making more WiiU games, the 3DS is overloading in awesomeness already, give it a small rest!!!)

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

4. Posted:

the next six months will be interesting. I have a feeling that PS4 and Xbone will be disappointing in terms of sales as well. Their main competition might be their predecessors.

GuSilverFlame wrote:

^did you even see WiiU? it's closer to an HD copy of N64(or Gamecube) with a screen in the controller and added support to Wii Remotes and even so it's not exactly it, that console has potential it's just that Nintendo's focusing a little too much on the 3DS for now, or waiting to make a move only after the other two consoles of this gen comes out, though it wouldn't be a smart move(WiiU has some really amazing games and I want it but they could start making more WiiU games, the 3DS is overloading in awesomeness already, give it a small rest!!!)

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

5. Posted:

Bad idea Nintendo. The SNES continued selling very well when its life ended. The same for the NDS it continues selling. Bad, very bad idea to stop selling the Wii.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

6. Posted:

Goodnight Sweet Prince
And flights of Pits sing thee to thy rest

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SofaKing

7. Posted:

Actually, this will mean total focus on the Wii U and 3DS. Why give 33.33333% to three consoles when you can give 50% to two? I'd actually like to see it more 75% Wii U and 25% 3DS. The Wii U needs more focus on now then an already successful console. They need to advertise, promote, and show people what the Wii U is. I went to Best Buy and the game section rep, when asked about the Wii U, didn't know that the Wii U was even a new system. If a person who is suppose to know this stuff doesn't, then there is a problem in my eyes.

Edited on by SofaKing

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

8. Posted:

Sounds like this is just japan and that they will keep selling them until at least through Christmas....I have no idea why somebody would want one.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

9. Posted:

I think dropping interal support for the Wii was the worse decision Nintendo has made in sometimes.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

10. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I think dropping interal support for the Wii was the worse decision Nintendo has made in sometimes.

Now, no. Their terrible lack of support after 2010 was just sad though.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

11. Posted:

Not surprised. Nintendo isn't making any games for it, it's 7 years old, and it isn't selling.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cwong15

12. Posted:

Agreed. The current Wii — not the Mini — is already stripped of some hardware (such as GameCube controller ports) to save costs. With about 1200 retail games and a few hundred VC and WiiWare games online the Wii is still a solid gaming platform. Good for people looking for gaming value. It may not be the the latest generation, but the Wii still offers a great gaming experience.

cwong15

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

13. Posted:

SofaKing wrote:

I went to Best Buy and the game section rep, when asked about the Wii U, didn't know that the Wii U was even a new system. If a person who is suppose to know this stuff doesn't, then there is a problem in my eyes.

I lost faith in Best Buy when the dude didn't know what the GC-GBA cable was back in the day (it's not what I'm looking for, but you can't play GBA games on a GC without the GB Player? I did not know that. :P )

KingMike