Wii Forum

Topic: Next Zelda plot

Showing 101 to 107 of 107

AuthorMessage

hobbes

101. Posted:

No... Its a common rule on most forums.

And to get this back on topic, I hope the next Zelda breaks to mold in terms of plot, like MM did, but I doubt that will be the case, since as it has been stated, the series is basically a retelling of the same legend where some of the details are changed from previous installments. And actually, I am quite ok with that.

http://www.backloggery.com/hobbes543

AuthorMessage

Kizzi

102. Posted:

hobbes wrote:

No... Its a common rule on most forums.

And to get this back on topic, I hope the next Zelda breaks to mold in terms of plot, like MM did, but I doubt that will be the case, since as it has been stated, the series is basically a retelling of the same legend where some of the details are changed from previous installments. And actually, I am quite ok with that.

Oh thanks for letting me know. Ya I wouldn't mind one like MM either, but all zelda games are good.

Edited on by Kizzi

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage

sjdswanlund

103. Posted:

I definitely agree with a lot of people that a sequel to Twilight Princess would be the right way to go, but only if do justice to the characters from TP. Anyone who's familiar with the genius of Miyazaki knows Twilight Princess's art direction was reminiscent of his work, probably inspired quite a bit by it. Considering the fact Twilight Princess didn't take full potential of the Wii's technology because of its Gamecube origins, Nintendo could really polish and evolve the art style in the next game.

Of all of Miyazaki's films, Twilight Princess most resembled Princess Mononoke. If you remember in Windwaker when Link reach Hyrule Castle you see a huge land that is flooded from within a protective barrier blocking the waters from crushing the castle. When I first saw this I thought it was a gorgeous vista, then I became disappointed I couldn't explore it. Nintendo could easily, with the technology now available to them, reverse the concept Windwaker in the sequel to Twilight Princess, and at the same time evolving the same Miyazaki inspired art style.

Majora's Mask was probably the most touching Zelda game for me because the writers weren't afraid to make it realistic and dark, or sadder than the other games. So many previous characters that we cared for were lost to us as Link was trapped in another world, and this world was just as dark. For the next game I'd like to see a devastating blow to the world and Link, where he's separated from friends, as well as Zelda. How would this happen, you ask? Since Ganondorf was defeated, another evil force takes the stage - a giant quake rampages through the land and Castle Town, Hyrule Castle and large amount of land surrounding it is torn from the earth's clutches and pulled into the clouds. I've thought long and hard about this, trying to figure the best way to introduce Midna in this situation.

With such a large fragment of the earth lost to the rest of the land, somewhere in the sky, the best way for Midna to be back in the game is to have a more evolved type of day/night cycle. For it to work the - we'll call it the Cloud Fortress for simplicity's sake - the new land of Cloud Fortress would have a type of orbit, which is actually realistic in some ways. There would still be a day/night cycle, but Nintendo could have it more like our own cycle, where it differs based on the tilt of the earth. They wouldn't make it super realistic, that would be a hassle for them and us. Instead they could create a three-day or seven-day cycle or whatever, where after a normal set amount of days have gone by the Cloud Fortress will come and eclipse the sun. This will create Shadow to fall across all of the land, or to be specific, Link would be brought into the alternate world of the Twilight Realm. To make gameplay less frustrating this would also freeze time and Link would be the only one who could start it up again, or in other words exit the realm and begin the cycle anew - not like Majora's Mask on the very first day, but going to the next day.

The point of this would be to get Midna to help Link in figuring out what to do. What I think would be interesting, and a cool twist is that the Twilight Realm would be hurting as well, in a unique way of course. Cloud Fortress and its fragments of floating islands around it - which would make exploration more prominent - would be doing the opposite in this realm during the eclipse. The realm would be dying from too much light - since its a realm opposite to the main realm - and destroying the shadows. This is where Midna and Link could team up and join forces, and Wolf Link or other forms could be initiated to balance the effects in this realm. I'd say the best way to go about it is for several of the smaller islands floating above to be sources for dungeons where some force is holding Cloud Fortress up, and one by one they'd have to destroy the source.

As far as art style goes another great film by Miyazaki is called Castle in the Sky, where floating islands and such are above the world and air-pirates and airships come in spades. With the plot idea - which I haven't fully commented on - I have described evolving the art style of Twilight Princess would, instead of just focusing more on Princess Mononoke's art direction would mix both. Please feel free to comment on the idea, I'd appreciate it.

sjdswanlund

AuthorMessage

TJtheHeretic

104. Posted:

i hope they do sumthin similar to mm

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage

sjdswanlund

105. Posted:

I agree, but I hope they have it in the same world, not an alternate one. That's why I proposed the idea above. Let me know what you think, because I want to be a writer of fantasy in the future and need some criticism and such on plot development. I think it might help, so be honest as long as its constructive.

sjdswanlund

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

106. Posted:

sjdswanlund wrote:

Let me know what you think, because I want to be a writer of fantasy in the future and need some criticism and such on plot development. I think it might help, so be honest as long as its constructive.

Psst!
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/writers...

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

sjdswanlund

107. Posted:

Brutus, I posted a comment on writing and the Zelda idea on that thread. Check it out if you haven't already.

sjdswanlund