Wii Forum

Topic: New Internet Channel

Showing 101 to 120 of 149

AuthorMessage

The_Cow

101. Posted:

skywake wrote:

The+Crow wrote:

First off; how do we know you're lying... before some of us jump to conclusions & try redownloading/updating our Wii's by going into the Wii Shop Channel?!

Better yet; I bet this guy is just looking for attention & is a troll!! I hate to judge right away... but if that's the case I'm staying well away from this thread right here! :(

what the hell would he have to gained if he was bullshitting? and really, troll? what the hell?

back on topic.... I was about to put Mario Kart back in its case with my Wii turned off when I got the message
I was just about to press the eject button and then the blue light came on BEFORE I pressed it
..... I thought I was going mad
:P

but yeah, Nintendo really didn't have to do that and however the refund is done any refund is pretty cool

on the internet channel itself..... I am not sure if its improved or not but it definitely seems to be smaller
the only thing I noticed is that the text isn't as clear as it used to be or at least how I remember it being
and it does appear to load a little bit faster when I tested out the Red Steel 2 page via the Nintendo Channel
the trailer on the site still doesn't seem to play (last time I tried it complained about being an old version of flash)
so again.... hmm... I don't know

Clearly I was aggitated; & it was way early in the morning before this whole thing actually happened... end of freaking story!

My only concern though & question I want answered is this:
Is it possible to still get the free 500 point NES game; if you didn't have to download the updated Internet Channel for 500 points back then in 2007!

That's because I've had the Internet Channel since launch date back in 2006; & I've never had to use 500 points when updating the stinking channel at all!

Favorite Song from The Crow City of Angels: I'm Your Boogie Man by White Zombie
Favorite The Crow Quotes: "It can't rain all of the time!" "It's not a good day to be a bad guy, huh?!" "Victims, aren't we all!"

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

102. Posted:

mrlimbo wrote:

longtimegamer wrote:

I bet this gets locked....but when? I'll put my bet down for today.

Why would it get locked ? Is this a Nintendo funded site ?

Yep, Nintendo owns everything here.

What improvements were made to the Internet Channel?

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

103. Posted:

@linktothefuture-Cool thanks. Cartoon network seems to work too.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage

bonii

104. Posted:

I was just about to update the channel but it's 237 block sizes. So I won't do it. I might later if I put it on my sd card.
Also, my friend gifted the Internet channel to me and would the free 500 points work for me? Or would I have had to buy it myself?

Wii Friend Code: 1952230824435541
Brawl: 176293745101
MVD MMA: 412526265595

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

105. Posted:

bonii wrote:

I was just about to update the channel but it's 237 block sizes. So I won't do it. I might later if I put it on my sd card.
Also, my friend gifted the Internet channel to me and would the free 500 points work for me? Or would I have had to buy it myself?

I think gifting puts the license on your Wii, so I think you would get the free game.

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

106. Posted:

[quote=skywake][quote="The+Crow"]

The+Crow wrote:

Is it possible to still get the free 500 point NES game; if you didn't have to download the updated Internet Channel for 500 points back then* in 2007!

No. The free game is only for people who paid for the Internet Channel. If you didn't pay for it, you don't get a free NES game.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

AuthorMessage

The_Cow

107. Posted:

[quote="The+Crow"][quote="The+Crow"]

Zaphod+Beeblebrox wrote:

skywake wrote:

Is it possible to still get the free 500 point NES game; if you didn't have to download the updated Internet Channel for 500 points back then* in 2007!

No. The free game is only for people who paid for the Internet Channel. If you didn't pay for it, you don't get a free NES game.

See now that's just crap; for those who got it for free way back then & didn't have to pay 500 points for it way back then! :(

Favorite The Crow Quotes: "It can't rain all of the time!" "It's not a good day to be a bad guy, huh?!" "Victims, aren't we all!"

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

108. Posted:

[quote="Zaphod+Beeblebrox"][quote=skywake]

The+Crow wrote:

The+Crow wrote:

The+Crow wrote:

See now that's just crap; for those who got it for free way back then & didn't have to pay 500 points for it way back then! :(

How is that crappy?

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

irken004

109. Posted:

It's not really a free NES game, it's more like a....refund ;)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

The_Cow

110. Posted:

[quote="The+Crow"][quote="The+Crow"]

lz2009 wrote:

Zaphod+Beeblebrox wrote:

skywake wrote:

The+Crow wrote:

How is that crappy?

You didn't read that last line correctly did you?!
That means if you got it for free way back then, & updated it for free without paying 500 points; then NO FREAKING FREE GAME!!! MAN I'M SO FREAKING MAD RIGHT NOW; don't get me started yet again or I'll go off again!!! :(

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

111. Posted:

@The_Crow: Well, the game's not exactly free. If you got the Internet Channel for free, then you didn't spend the 500 points for it, so in the end it all evens out

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

The_Cow

112. Posted:

lz2009 wrote:

@The_Crow: Well, the game's not exactly free. If you got the Internet Channel for free, then you didn't spend the 500 points for it, so in the end it all evens out

And like I keep saying; that means NO free game for those who didn't pay for the Internet Channel! Don't make me repeat this argument again; SEESH!! :(
Nintendo needs to BADLY get Nintendo Points on Club Nintendo!!! :(

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

113. Posted:

Nintendo wants the Internet Channel to be free for everyone. Even those who had already paid for it when it was 500 points.

...lets try simple maths instead.

Us: IC (500) + Free NES game (0) = 500.

You: Free IC (0) + NES game (500) = 500.

Nobody is getting more than they paid for. Nobody.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

The_Cow

114. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Nintendo wants the Internet Channel to be free for everyone. Even those who had already paid for it when it was 500 points.

...lets try simple maths instead.

Us: IC (500) + Free NES game (0) = 500.

You: Free IC (0) + NES game (500) = 500.

Nobody is getting more than they paid for. Nobody.

Okay now you've got me confused?! As a matter of fact; this whole thing has had me confused all freaking day!! MAN; will this complaing ever freaking end?! SIGH!! :(

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

115. Posted:

@TheCrow: You're complaining for the heck of it now? :(

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

116. Posted:

why should you get a free NES game when you got free IC already?

You didn't give Nintendo any money so why should they give you anything in return?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

The_Cow

117. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

why should you get a free NES game when you got free IC already?

You didn't give Nintendo any money so why should they give you anything in return?

But I guess the whole point I'm trying to make is that people expect something free when they didn't have to make any certain requirements other than have the thing for free anways! People are just so greedy nowadays! :(

AuthorMessage

Egg_miester

118. Posted:

is anyone else having problems with the new internet channel
for me it doesn't keep me loged in websites for long and some not at all i can't check my e mail as soon as i click a message it logs me out and it seems to load slower at times some videos it just doesn't work, if its bugs it maybe fixed soon but i was wondering if anyone else is having problems like that

overturn code: 3266 3667 6901

AuthorMessage

Pawtrick

119. Posted:

I bought the IC so i'll likely pick up The Legend of Zelda, or Pac-man for the NES.
(I noticed the new IC still doesn't play music off myspace...)

Pawtrick

AuthorMessage

CharlieRod

120. Posted:

Awesome that theres a free NES game. Do you get 500 points or just an NES game?

Wii #: 2251-9414-6049-5297/MKW#:2364-9185-0872/SSBB#:3739-3462-6792
PSN: Rodriquez608
Get up. You'll be ok-
The brightest light is in the darkest of surroundings.
If you could rearrange, change, or delete your memory, would you?