Forums

Topic: NBA JAM

Posts 181 to 195 of 195

Tasuki

@Bulbasaurus Rex: As far as I know you cant chose to use voice chat on XBL games its on automatically. Some games like SSFIV do have an option to mute the other people. Even if you dont have the headset hooked up you will still hear the other people through you television speakers. So yeah it can be annoying at time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

lockelocke

yeah, most xbox 360 games automatically broadcast voice chat. but i could not agree more about the lack of online lobbies on the wii.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Tasuki

pixelman wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

but just because it doesnt have a feature doesnt mean that Version X is better than Version Y in my eyes both are equal.

Um, they're certainly not equal to us Wii owners who like playing online.

Also it is a know fact that publishers and the like consider Xbox and PS3 the hardcore Online Multiplayer consoles. Truth be told I dont know why that is it just is, but with the industry thinking that, as I said before if I was that hardcore of an online gamer like it seems you are, than I would have bought the Xbox 360 or PS3 instead of a Wii. I dont know the whole story of why you got a Wii instead maybe it was a gift from someone who knows but I am not going to go off on that subject.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe some of us like playing Nintendo games. Because we're like, you know, registered users on a site dedicated to all things Nintendo. Wild guess there.

The fact is everyone knows that the industry looks down on the Wiis online capability so why does it come as a shock when said game has online features for the 360 or PS3.

Personally it didn't come as a shock to me, it just pissed me off for the reasons I posted above... twice. I cba to list them again.

Thats like buying a Mini van and acting shock that it doesnt come equipped with a racing engine like a race car does, but there I go off on a tangent again lol.

And again, the Wii supports online play very well (Monster Hunter 3, Mario Kart, Excitebots, and so so so so so many others), so I have no earthly idea where this analogy came from. Yeah sure, friend codes are a pain, but EA completely got around them with Grand Slam Tennis and even implemented a buddy system. Monster Hunter did this too.

Another reason for the online play of the 360 and PS3 version is again industry standards. Since EA dropped the ball (no pun intended) with NBA Elite for the Holiday shopping season which was going to be PS3 and 360 EA wanted to get something out for the NBA fans on the PS3 and the 360 rather than miss that oppertunity because of delaying NBA Elite. Now if they didnt make NBA Jam on the PS3 and the 360 with HD and the ONline feature do you think people would want to pay $60 dollars for the exact same thing as Wii owners got for $50? My answer would be no and if that was the case than we would have people complaining on how the PS3 and 360 versions are costing $10 more for the same thing.

Come on, the news that the HD versions would have online has been out since the beginning of August. The Wii is fully capable of running online multiplayer for NBA Jam, so at the very least they were being lazy. They simply should've put in some extra manpower to get online into the Wii version. I'm guessing at the beginning, they were like, "Oh yeah, we'll get these two guys to try to get online working. It's going to be a Wii exclusive so it's no big deal if it doesn't have online."

And while you're on the subject of "standards"...

pixelman wrote:

EA themselves have made online a standard in their games.

The one (sports genre) exception I've seen is the recently released NHL Slapshot, which also doesn't have online and is also a Wii exclusive. It's a bad trend and EA needs to get that message.

Basically in a nutshell we know how the industry treats the Wii vs the other two systems and nothing we say is going to change that so why bother complaining and putting down the Wii game. In truth I know EA screws over the Wii thats why I buy the FIFA games on the 360 rather than Wii. Did I complain about how Wii owners get screwed over no I saved up and got me a 360 so I can play games like FIFA and GTA and Batman Arkham Asylum.

Not everyone can afford two consoles, nor do they necessarily want to fork out the cash just to play a small handful of games that they might be interested in playing. Just sayin'.

And RE: to your last post: The Wii doesn't have that problem.

Well if you are unable to fork out the cash to play a handful of games than why complain that the 360/PS3 has this or that. Obviously its not that important to you if you are unwilling to solve the problem buy getting buying one. ANd if you love playing online sooooo much like you claim I find it funny that you havent a 360 or PS3 since those are the best systems for online.

Oh and just cause we are registered on a Nintendo dedicated doesnt mean we have to be Nintendo only. I like Nintendo as much as the next guy but I am not going to buy a Nintendo system just cause I am registered on a Nintendo fan site. I went a few years without buying a Nintendo system and I still was a fan of Nintendo it was just the Sony had more games that I wanted to play than Nintendo did.

Anyway I am through with you Pixelman obviously you are a Nintendo fan boy nothing wrong with that, but we are just not going to see eye to eye on this and I dont want this thread getting out of hand. Bottom line just cause you think Nintendo is the superior system doesnt mean everyone else does, which is obvious by industry standards. Yeah the Wiis online ability might be as good as Xboxs or PS3s but the industry doesnt thinks so. Maybe it is because they think online is for hardcore gamers and not for casual gamers, who knows. Bottom line the Wii isnt going to have the online nothing is going to change that and if you want online mode so bad than get the 360 or PS3 versions, and if you are unwilling to fix the solution by getting either system than dont complain.

My Backlog

HolyMackerel

@pix I thought you already had happily bought and played the game, regardless of online play or lack thereof? Money talks when it comes to games so your $50 went straight to EA, letting them know that you think the game was worth the money you paid for it. Also by buying NBA Jam Wii you helped them recover the losses they made over the NBA Elite 2011 manufacturing fiasco, seeing how Jam was obviously released early on the Wii in a scramble to make back money.

Perhaps the early release is why it has no online play, hmm.

Either way, now that EA has your money complaining won't do much good. At least you're enjoying the game, right?

HolyMackerel

retired_account

@HolyMackerel: You're right there on all points. I didn't buy it myself though, I chipped in with my folks and bro to buy it. And yes, I'm enjoying the game, though I haven't played it in the past few days because I don't have much motivation to play it. There's only so much fun in beating the computer, and I can rarely get any local multiplayer matches going.

@Tasuki: Good lord, you did an excellent job of putting words into my mouth and twisting the ones I did say. Again, it looks like another case of you either not reading what was said or misreading it.

I can't resist, though... I find it incredibly amusing that you admit that I'm "unable" to buy an HD console, and then accuse me of being "unwilling" to. Anyway, I'm done with the arguing too. It's not getting anywhere, as you said.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Tasuki

@HolyMackerel: I dont think NBA Jam for the Wii was an early release. I thought that it met is scheduled release date but I can be wrong. I am not sure but I dont think NBA Jam for the Wii was or is an attempt to make back money on the NBA Elite fiasco as you put it, thats what the Xbox and PS3 versions are for since at first they were going to be a free download and now they are making it a regular in store purchase game.

@Pixel: I can come back with something but I wont as I said am I done arguing you got your views and I got mine thats all. No offense there or anything personal and I hope you didnt take it that way.

Anyway I havent played NBA Jam for a few days either but thats mainly do to some other games that came out and the fact that I have been playing Castlevania Lord of Shadows. Some friends of mine are coming over this weekend for my Birthday so I am hoping to get a four player game going and see how that goes. Might try the remix mode since I wont have to worry about insanely difficult CPUs.

My Backlog

HolyMackerel

@Tasuki Frankly, any EA Sports release in the near future is going to be an attempt to make back the money lost on the game, regardless of the console it was released on. And by early NBA Jam release on the Wii, I meant earlier than the 360 or PS3 versions.

BREAKING NEWS: NBA Elite 2011 has been indefinitely postponed.

RELEVANT BREAKING NEWS: Hey guys, guess what! NBA Jam is going to cost $49.99 on the 360 and PS3! Time to show some more EA lovin'!

HolyMackerel

Tasuki

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Tasuki Frankly, any EA Sports release in the near future is going to be an attempt to make back the money lost on the game, regardless of the console it was released on. And by early NBA Jam release on the Wii, I meant earlier than the 360 or PS3 versions.

BREAKING NEWS: NBA Elite 2011 has been indefinitely postponed.

RELEVANT BREAKING NEWS: Hey guys, guess what! NBA Jam is going to cost $49.99 on the 360 and PS3! Time to show some more EA lovin'!

Hmmmm I dont know about it being $49.99 on the 360 and PS3 according to the article that was Gamestops listing not EAs and quite frankly I dont trust Gamestop, I will believe it when EA says the price.

And you are true about the getting back money thing. I think EA made a big mistake by delaying NBA Elite indefintely. Sloppy on their part.

My Backlog

HolyMackerel

You may all have already seen this news on the NL front page, but: NBA Jam is exclusive to HMV in UK. Really, EA is failing at everything when it comes to basketball, isn't it? So much for recouping losses on NBA Elite 2011.

HolyMackerel

Tasuki

HolyMackerel wrote:

You may all have already seen this news on the NL front page, but: NBA Jam is exclusive to HMV in UK. Really, EA is failing at everything when it comes to basketball, isn't it? So much for recouping losses on NBA Elite 2011.

If people want it that bad they will go there and buy it, just you see.

All this bashing against EA maybe we should call rename this thread Reasons Why I Hate EA. Lol

My Backlog

HolyMackerel

But people who aren't aware that NBA Jam is exclusive to HMV won't even know it's out in the UK yet. |: Either way, it's just a bad move imo. It's not the sort of game with which you can drive up sales by cutting exclusivity deals. Like one of the commenters said, it's possible they did this because they didn't think the game would sell well anyway, since the 360 and PS3 versions will be out soon and it's well-known that those are superior to the Wii version.

Also HMV isn't the most popular game retailer in the UK for a number of reasons. It's better known for music and DVDs, and it has smallish game sections. Unfortunately their prices are usually high in comparison to GAME and Gamestation too. If I was EA, I'd have cut a deal with GAME if anything.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Fuzzy

Maybe HMV offered more money for the exclusivity?

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

HolyMackerel

Yeah, I'm not surprised.

EDIT: Lol new threads about NBA Elite 2k11. I think a few pages ago we already figured out that the game was cancelled, haha.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.