Posts 61 to 67 of 67

KnucklesSonic8

Yes, Sonic and the Secret Rings!

KnucklesSonic8

Deviant_Mugen

110percentful wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

Mario Party 8. Nuff said.

Compared to the first 2 mario parties, MP8 was horrible. They took out everything that was charming about the old games!
In my slightly humble opinion, of course.

Mario Party 8 is definitely a shell of the franchise's former glory. They stripped it of all its previous challenge and thrills, leaving only the mini-games (which could've been better). I sure hope they make Mario Party 9 using the old formula...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

SKTTR

I second Mario Party 8.

I have Mario Party 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on N64 / Gamecube, but MP8 is definately the best one.

It has the best boards and a great selection of new minigames.
the best thing about the boards is that each of the 6 ones makes gameplay strategy entirely different from each other unlike previous parties where the boards looked unstructured and half-assed in design in collab with random dice luck. That's what I hated in MP3, 4, 5 and 6.
the best thing I like about the minigames: half of them are controlled with the Wiimote-features, the other half is classic controls. i was frightened they'd only use wii-controls, but classic fans also get their chunk.
So, all in all a great mix.
Of course it also has the best graphics, due to it being on the Wii but that's not important.

I really don't played Mario Party 8 as much as I played Mario Party 1,2,3,4.. cause with time passing the series didn't change or evolutionized.
I didn't even get MP7 because I was bored of the series.

MP8 is the same old formula, but it has been almost perfected and is one of the best multiplayer games on the Wii.
I can understand this being a 5/10 for someone who played all of the series.
But someone who never played it with his friends should definately try it out as it's an easy 8/10 partygame.

Back in 1998 Mario Party and Super Smash Bros. were announced around the same time.
These were 2 new Mario franchises that everyone was damn excited about.
And when Mario Party and Super Smash Bros. were finally available they were wonderful games to have in their collection.
I still think every good collection needs a good Mario Party so get MP8 if you don't have it already.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

retrobuttons

[quote=Master_Barney]

Master_Barney wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

mnementh wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Master_Barney wrote:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - amazing amazing game. sold great. has 71 on metacritic.

Modern Warfare reflex, great game, selling great - has 76 on metacritic.[/quote

Both games are mediocre and have scores they deserve, and they didn't sell that mutch.

Uh, actually Reflex is top-notch awesome! Check the review this site provided. Unleashed? Meh it really was mediocre and the point where you said they didn't sell, well I'm not sure about Unleashed, but Reflex sold a lot more than you may think.

That review doesn't proof anything. Compare Reflex to New Super Mario Bros in sales and scores eventhough it is underrated, and you know the difference between a medicore and a great game. Or compare Reflex to it's bigger brother on the xbox. It's a mediocre game on the wii and i still sells ok because it has no competition in the genre.

You can't really compare NSMBW to Reflex. It's impossible with them being completely different genres. Comparing it to the XBOX 360 version it isn't really fair either due to the fact that the 360 has stronger hardware than the Wii so it can produce a better game. And yes, the review does prove something my furry little friend, it proves that Reflex is a good game and deserves to be played.

So the autcome of that review to you is a fact??? not an opinion??? you can compare games, Reflex looks bad it's big brother on 360 looks good. That's a comparison. You can compare nsmb to Reflex. One is a forgetable port to make a quik buck the other is a monumental game, which sold millions of copies. That's a comparison

BTW your eye is a sharp as your mind, I'm not furry.

Master Barny you completely avoided my point in everyday possible. You can't compare a Side-scroller to a FPS. You just can't in anyway. Reflex was not just a quick buck. It was a port of a great game, trimmed down for the Wii. Yeah I was joking a little there dude. I know your not furry (or atleast I hope your not).

EDIT: Oh yes the the outcome of the review is a fact because it tells you what to come to expect from the reviewer's point of view and tells/shows you what to look forward to and Reflex getting a 9/10 looks to me like a fairly good outcome there smarts.

Listen up kid, Barney is right, to reach the conclussion that you can't compare these two games you make a comparrison. So there is no such thing as incomparable. NSMB and Mass Effect are 2 very different games, but by saying NSMB is on the Wii and Mass Effect is on the 360 i am already making a comparison. Corbie said at the end of his review of NSMB that if you could only buy one game for the Wii you should buy NSMB, by saying this he is comparing it to all the other Wii games.

Meaning of Comparison: The act of comparing; an examination of two or more objects with the view of discovering the resemblances or differences.

Edited on by retrobuttons

retrobuttons

Chrono_Cross

Listen up kid, Barney is right, to reach the conclussion that you can't compare these two games you make a comparrison. So there is no such thing as incomparable. NSMB and Mass Effect are 2 very different games, but by saying NSMB is on the Wii and Mass Effect is on the 360 i am already making a comparison. Corbie said at the end of his review of NSMB that if you could only buy one game for the Wii you should buy NSMB, by saying this he is comparing it to all the other Wii games.

Meaning of Comparison: The act of comparing; an examination of two or more objects with the view of discovering the resemblances or differences.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. He is not right and everything you just said, made no sense to me what-so-ever. The Corbie part? Well it seemed in his review he just really liked the game. And seriously if you can compare NSMBW to Mass Effect 2 go right ahead and tell me and if you can't than just go away and know that I am right.

Oh and a little heads up, don't call me kid.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

theblackdragon

Just so you guys know, arguing is the best way to get the next thread like this locked too.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.