Forums

Topic: First my Wii and now my PS3

Posts 61 to 65 of 65

BrainBoxLtd

irken004 wrote:

Lately, my Wii has been saying "The system files are corrupted blah blah blah" so I turned the wii off. Once i turned it back on, it's fine. Any ideas why it says that sometimes?

Yeah that's happened to me twice now. I already explained the first time, but the second time I was about 60 hours into Monster Hunter and didn't want to risk my Wii getting wiped in repairs. Guy on the phone said these people apparently follow procedures to the letter, and sending a message to just send it back if they couldn't save my data wouldn't do much because it was procedure to wipe the memory of Wii's they couldn't recover.

So I thought about the situation and started asking myself why was the error message popping up again? Last time it seemed to get more and more frequent and I never figured out why. Then I realized it seem to get worse for every new game I played. It started getting really bad when I started playing Little King's Story, and when I got up to Dead Rising it was happening constantly. So I guessed maybe I had to much stuff on my Wii's flash drive. I moved all my Channels/Wii Ware/Virtual Consoles game onto my SD card, and deleted a lot of already backed up saves of things I probably wouldn't play again.

That was about four months ago, I'm now 400 Hours into Monster Hunter, and I have not had that error message pop-up once since I did some digital house cleaning. No idea if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.

irken004

@BrainBoxLtd Yeah, I do seem to have a lot of save files and some channels on the system memory. I'll get rid of the channels (Check Mii Out, Everyone Votes) and backup some of the save data that I haven't used in awhile to see if that works.

Objection

So today I played GTAIV for 30 minutes. Didn't do anything crazy, proper ventilation. And my PS3 YROD'd. Estimated cost for Sony to look at it: $150. I've owned the used system (bought in great working shape) for 7 months.

So yeah, I'm taking a gaming hiatus, and this experience is probably going to keep me from buying a single console next generation. (Handhelds excluded as of now, never been burned by one.)

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

CanisWolfred

Objection_Blaster wrote:

So today I played GTAIV for 30 minutes. Didn't do anything crazy, proper ventilation. And my PS3 YROD'd. Estimated cost for Sony to look at it: $150. I've owned the used system (bought in great working shape) for 7 months.

So yeah, I'm taking a gaming hiatus, and this experience is probably going to keep me from buying a single console next generation. (Handhelds excluded as of now, never been burned by one.)

Wow, now that's some dumb luck, man. Were they in the same room? I'm thinking you might have them in a bad spot, maybe even a bad strip or outlet if they're on the same one. Is the YLOD permanent? I know my 360 Red Ringed 6 or more times, but we just left it alone for a few hours every time and then it was fine to use after that. Hasn't gone screwy for a while now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Objection

I let i cool down for 30 minutes and nothing. I will try a few things over the next 2 weeks (since I can't go home till Thanksgiving and that's where I'de send it in for repairs from.)

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.