Forums

Topic: My Nintendo faith is really waivering for the first time. Is it just me?

Posts 101 to 117 of 117

Malkeor

My Nintendo faith is not actually waning...it's just that there isn't anything fresh right now, nothing major anyway. Nothing that gets my Nintendo heart pumping.
New games from other systems keep distracting me from games I would normally play every now and then on Nintendo that I had for a while, but i'm sure newer games (from Nintendo) will change that trend
I'm very excited for E3, will be picking up Zelda, and whatever else comes next. I still have FAITH that Nintendo will keep pushing out awesome games.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

noname001

LEGEND_MARIOID wrote:

That's interesting because I'm the reverse. I have lost faith in the exclusionist philosphies of the non-Nintendo consoles. They turned their back on the gamer I evolved into. Used to be a multi-console man before the wii and still own the good ol' PS2.

iI still play PS3 and xbox games whenever I can on other ppl's consoles so I can judge and gauge my opinion. Besides a few games the libraries are generally massively over-rated. Soulless, cinematic gaming IMHO

I definitely agree with this. There's been a few games which I absolutely loved like Mirror's Edge and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, but there's seldom few like that.

noname001

turtlelink

My faith started dropping last year, but after Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out, I was a happy turtle.
But really, as long as Kid Icarus and Skyward Sword get release dates and do not disappoint, my faith in Nintendo won't run out anytime soon.

Edited on by theblackdragon

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

LzWinky

@turtle: Pit does not disappoint. Neither does Link. Prepare to be...EXCITED!! ;O

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordJumpMad

Lets all agree that Sega is better, Because....
Sega does, What Nintendon't

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Lan

JumpMad wrote:

Lets all agree that Sega is better, Because....
Sega does, What Nintendon't

GENESIS does what nintendon't,

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

kkslider5552000

Anyway, I am still really dissappointed nothing is coming out on Wii right now. And it really seems like not many of the games I care about did or will matter to Nintendo as a game that will make people want to play the systems, let alone buy them. Really, I spent so much more time on the internet than I should have just to, basically advertise video games that ended up making Mischief Makers look like Call of Duty in terms of sales. Why bother, word of mouth clearly doesn't sell anything.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Rob_mc_1

I can appreciated that but Nintendo normally has a dry spell after a really awesome year and from what I can tell most companies do. The only difference is that Nintendo has a bit less 3rd party support so it shows a bit more. When I tally up the number of first party titles across all 3 main home consoles they are all within 10 games from each other for their life cycle. A lot of third party games are available on PC. For myself, I'm quite comfortable with a Wii, DSiXL/3DS and PC combo.

As far as third party support that is a whole other topic. According to the Wiki there are 969 Wii games. Most regions have 40 to 50 first party titles. There are third party games but it still comes down to quality and tastes.

♠♦♣

komicturtle

Mickeymac wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

700 games is a lot. But that also means that there's a handful of games that aren't bad and that aren't shooters. I know the Fable games are good. Kameo and Banjo too. But what else?

I'll give you a sfort list because I haven't bought that many games for the 360.

Disc:

Bayonnetta
BioShock (an FPS, yes, but it's the best I've ever experienced)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Dead Space
Crackdown (my personal fave)
Devil May Cry 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet (at least in my opinion)
Phantasy Star Universe (at least in my opinion)
Prince of Persia
Project Gotham Racing 4
Raiden Fighters Aces (yes it's a shooter, but a very different kind of shooter than what most talk about these days)
Resident Evil 5 (at least in my opinion)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Super Street Fighter IV
Tales of Vesperia
Vanquished (Yes it's a shooter, but I love it)

XBLA:

Aegis Wing (free)
Alien Hominid
Banjo Tooie
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Braid
Castle Crashers
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram
Defense Grid: The Awakening
DOOM
DOOM II
Duke Nukem 3D
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Gunstar Heroes
Ikaruga
King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planetwalkers
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Metal Slug XX
Moon Diver
Outrun Online Arcade
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode 1
Perfect Dark
Portal: Still Alive
Prince of Persia Classic
R-Type Dimensions
Samurai Shodown II
Schizoid
Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Shadow Complex
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 4: Episode 1
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
TMNT 1989 Arcade
Wolfenstien 3D
'Splosion Man

That's why I'm going to be purchasing more games on XBLA than retail. My brother has some of the Disc based games you listed (I'm serious- he has SOOO many games for 360 but only has 4 that you listed disc based). At the same time, some of the games you listed on XBLA I have in some form and others- well, you won't see me playing King of Fighters or Street Fighter.

You listing those shows me that you have a broader taste for gaming, really. Unlike a lot of people I meet who have a 360 or PS3. Not to say that a handful of Wii owners are missing out on some great games themselves on their own console.

Oh, and the person who brought up Uncharted and especially Little Big Planet- I'm certainly not forgetting those two amazing franchises. Especially LBP. Shows that games on PS3 don't have to have unnecessary amounts of gore, loads of guns and what not to be a great game.

I'm hoping Microsoft wakes up and get Rare to make the amazing games they used to produce when they were with Nintendo because they really have access to a wealth of diverse properties through Rare

komicturtle

moosa

Malkeor wrote:

My Nintendo faith is not actually waning...it's just that there isn't anything fresh right now, nothing major anyway. Nothing that gets my Nintendo heart pumping.
New games from other systems keep distracting me from games I would normally play every now and then on Nintendo that I had for a while, but i'm sure newer games (from Nintendo) will change that trend
I'm very excited for E3, will be picking up Zelda, and whatever else comes next. I still have FAITH that Nintendo will keep pushing out awesome games.

This guy has the right idea. People treat Nintendo like they're the Red Sox or something. Sports fans are equally ridiculous. But Nintendo is not a sports team. Anyone who takes one side in the "console war" is foolish. Just buy the products you want and enjoy them. Ignore the ones that don't interest you. And always drive safetly.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

KaiserGX

Mac... you have a lot of time on your hands if your able to check out every game in a library. I have a lot of time too but... that's too much for me.

If I happen to miss out on a fantastic game I don't know about, it won't really matter. Ignorance is bliss. Power to them who do find gems. Or when... There's prolly 8,400 games out there I would like that I haven't even herd of. I don't have the time or will power to look through them all. I like when someone finds a game by chance and tells their friends. "Hey man look what I discovered! I bet you no one knows about this!". "Agh nice! This is awesome!". In a way this is what this site is for. Spread around the goods, even if it's indirectly.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Colors

I stick only to Nintendo consoles since the PS3 and 360 have mostly M-rated games. I'm not one for gore.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

MasterGamePro

No... you should totally get an xbox 360. Nintendo is probably my favorite company of the 3, but the Wii was pretty lackluster in my opinion. I mean the Wii is cool and all, but... there are no online chat features or a good friend system. The xbox has parties, and you can see who else is online, but on the Wii, you have to arrange things over the phone, or if you're like me, over xbox live. The Wii was the last one to come out, too; there's no excuse. The Wii games haven't really been too memorable either (TP wasn't as good as OoT and MM), and for some reason they don't offer 3rd party titles the xbox 360 and PS3 offer (unfortunately, it's mainly because of the hardware limitations). Why didn't Portal 2 come out for the Wii...?

You should get an xbox 360. I'd say it's probably the best this generation has to offer. (Hopefully Nintendo will reign next generation.)

Paper Mario Director's Cut A full remake of Paper Mario for the N64. in progress Last Updated 9-11-10

Paper Mario Battle Engine The battle engine of the Paper Mario gam....

Gamesake

kurtasbestos wrote:

look at IGN or any other game website, you're pretty much guaranteed to see articles about 1st-person shooters, 3rd-person shooters, or some sort of open world/sandbox RPG-like game that possibly involves shooting things. Shooters are what's popular right now

When did guns stop being cool?

komicturtle92 wrote:

700 games is a lot. But that also means that there's a handful of games that aren't bad and that aren't shooters. I know the Fable games are good. Kameo and Banjo too. But what else?

I could post a massive list to the same effect as Mickeymac, but I don't want to drag on and on for ages about all the non FPS games on 360 I can think of. You should check out Stacking, Costume Quest, and Trenched by Double Fine Productions. They're the ones that brought us the unparalleled Psychonauts for Xbox and STEAM. There's also fantastic racing (anything by Criterion Games), and other great games too (Dead Rising/DOA 4) with more on the way (Sonic Generations).

...in my pants.

komicturtle

lol I see what you did thar.

As for Sonic Generations, I'll be getting that on 3DS. I have not played Psychonauts (unfortunately, as I REALLY wanted to get that game) so at least it's downloadable on 360. Not really sure about Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

komicturtle

rolLTheDice

@Ren: I'd suggest playing something that interests you on these consoles in store first. I mean it maybe that you realize the controls are too complicated, the controller doesn't suit you or whatever.
But to the real reason i'm writing this comment ...

• Maybe you could rent another console first. I don't know if it's still possible or how expensive it would be. I just remember that my daddy rented a Super Nintendo back in the day when it was released.
  • Or maybe you could get a cheap used one somewhere so you won't regret buying it too much if it doesn't turn out how you hoped.
  • I don't know how good your PC is but it could be an option too. Gamepads aren't that expensive.

Anyways, if you're that curious about HD games check them out for the fun of it.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.