Forums

Topic: MP Trilogy instead of a new MP?

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

AlexSays

Pegasus wrote:

Just because something's popular or mainstream doesn't necessarily make it great. Halo is, without a doubt, the most overrated gaming franchise in this decade. Gaming "journalism" today is pretty pitiful, actually.

Being overrated doesn't mean it isn't great. Zelda is overrated as well.

Each Halo game has reviewed just as well, if not better, than every Metroid Prime game. Since that is the only way we can compare them without being compromised by personal opinion, thinking badly of those that say Halo is better is just silly.

From a sales perspective, Halo wins. From popular opinion and reviews, Halo wins. People can think Metroid Prime is better and that's great, but they're not any better than those that say Halo is better.

MrPinguy wrote:

I hope that E3 will bring you news about new games for you. (and for me).

Well I don't know about you, but I just want new games.

A new Wii Fit, maybe another iteration in the Wii series, and the first Nintendo game from one of their many franchises that utilizes Wii Motion Plus. Wii Sports Resort sounds great but Nintendo needs to offer a big name that helps push their new peripheral.

I just don't want any more old games. I want the NPC thing to be done and over with, and I want Nintendo to go back to how they were a couple years ago by focusing all their efforts on and filling their release schedule with new games.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

AlexSays wrote:

I just don't want any more old games. I want the NPC thing to be done and over with, and I want Nintendo to go back to how they were a couple years ago by focusing all their efforts on and filling their release schedule with new games.

That was a great time. Since Animal Crossing early last fall we've got, what, two new games? That's over half a year. Not exactly the best track record in comparison to the past couple years where we were bombarded by new games. I am very optimistic about E3 though; they'd have to be crazy not to have some big title lined up for Motion+ this fall.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

MrPinguy

@Adam

XD looks great but i don't really like ebay but yeah i will try to find it but it gonna be just for Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (yeah im a Sonic fanboy since Mega Drive )
I want the new controls for metroid (wich in truth is the only NPC that i want, the other one, Pikmin it's borrowed and was my brother who bought and it was with an discount)

And yes i know that is an DVD/VHS player (i already have an PS2, but my VGS reader stoped working at the time)
Your case yes is comparable to the movies/games.
But mine is too, i didn't have the original released i im going to buy this one instead.
Yeah bad deals for some good for others, maybe for you these re-released are bad. but they make money because there is people who dont have them and buy them.
and in the end this is all just a bussines.

@Alex
Well i think there are not more tittles worth of NPC (maybe just zelda) so it will stop soon.
And yes one thing you and i have in common. I also want new games

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

Adam

Yea, I don't blame you. Just wanted to point out the misleading analogy of VHS : DVD. Nintendo of America does seem to be spacing out the NPC titles a lot more than in Japan, which is a bit worrisome, but the Trilogy pack is a nice way to rush the series to an end.

What bothers me is that now when Pikmin 3 comes out I will have to second guess myself if I want to buy it because who knows, it may just become obsolete in a year when they release it for the same price with both previous games packed in.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

Adam wrote:
Would you like to play the original Prime? Here, I'll take the two seconds to type "metroid prime" on Ebay for you.
Only $8, and it's the best one in the series. What a deal!

[/quote]

I actually found it at gamestop for only 6$. NO JOKE!

Edited on by Kizzi

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Adam

Cheaper than buying an SNES game on VC. Nice. That is what I call a deal.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

I know i couldn't believe it! But actually I got it for free because gamestop had this buy two used games and get one free deal.
But it was still only 6$

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Tarpey

This is an absolute Day 1 purchase for me - I'll have to sell my old versions first, but I can't wait to revisit the first two games using the controls that made MP3 such a sweet experience. Too all those haters - it's thing called choice, quit moaning and don't buy it! - It's not as though it's taken a whole amount of dev resource off other projects so I really don't understand the negativity??
This is a great package for both fans and newcomers. Roll on the next metroid.

Some nice vids of NPC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEAQ2DX3mIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Yn9acW4sE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dEV6846bCo

Edited on by Tarpey

Tarpey

brandonbwii

AlexSays wrote:

MrPinguy wrote:

(But personally saying that Halo is better than MP make you looked bad enough.)

Are you against re-releasing of movies in DVD for people who don't watched them too for example?
Why games can't have the same treatment.

People that have a different opinion than yours look bad? Reviews indicate Halo is the better franchise, so your opinion isn't even the popular one.
Maybe it's for the best you just play your games. lol

If you're talking about re-releasing movies that were previously VHS, VHS movies aren't playable in a lot of DVD players.
Gamecube games are playable in all Wiis. Didn't know that? Yeah it's crazy stuff.

And we've already gone over the movie thing here.
It's not even a good comparison.

Fair enough, but when you called Halo good you were belittling MP3. That's not right either and did seem a bit trollish. There barely even comparable imo.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Digiki

AlexSays wrote:

Yeah I knew I'd have to explain the math to someone. lol

Metroid fans purchased Prime 3 for $50. Now if they want the two NPC games, that's another $50. They have to buy Metroid Prime 3 again.

What people were expecting was for the NPC games to go for $30 each -- which everyone unanimously thought was overpriced, you know for a five year old game and all.. -- and the total would have been $110. You know because 50 and two 30s makes a 110?

So it's very nearly the same price as what fans thought it would be, except if you want any one of the NPC games, you're forced to buy everything. And those buying Metroid Prime 3 now are really getting shafted because in a few months they'll have to buy Prime 3 again to play the NPC games.

Great idea by Nintendo, it just comes at the expense of their fans. Or at least the ones that are smart enough to know they got screwed. lol
The only problem for Nintendo I'm seeing is that people might want to sell their copy of Prime 3, and Nintendo is against the reselling and purchasing of used games. Fans that buy this won't keep their copy of Prime 3 and I'm not sure why Nintendo wants that when it's usually something they try to prevent.

...I got the math, I didn't get the idiotic statement. In the case you mentioned they'd have to buy both games at $30 each, or the one game at $50, paying for what you want isn't being screwed...

Of course if they only wanted one game due to having two, or just wanting one, they are inconvenienced by the trilogy method, but that isn't what your statement refers to so whatever.

I think the people that bought Corruption soon after it came out are probably not going to care about the trilogy being a better value than what they have, they didn't have to wait 2 years to play it. I don't see what you have against people getting things for less than others at times, but you enjoy that "If you can't beat 'em, you're screwed!" attitude.

Adam

If you can't beat em...? Are we trying to beat Nintendo now?

Come on, friends,

AlexSays

Adam wrote:

If you can't beat em...? Are we trying to beat Nintendo now?

Yeah I didn't get it either but I don't really care to hear the explanation behind that one. lol

Digiki wrote:

paying for what you want isn't being screwed...

So retailers can charge whatever price they want, but as long as it's something you want you aren't being screwed?

That is a very... unique philosophy.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Machu

You lot still whining in here. Id pay £100 for MP trilogy, I love it that much. You don't want, don't buy it. And if you really need a cause, there are much more important ones to latch on to.
Dorks

Rawr!

Adam

Machu wrote:

Dorks

I'm rubber and you're glue.

Come on, friends,

Machu

Yup, Kettle, Black, etc...

Rawr!

SwerdMurd

Halo is the apex of average FPS-dom. Half Life 1 wrecked its gameplay on all fronts, and it came out in 1998. Every element that the Halo series employs has been done better in other FPSes...cannot say the same about MP, as it's got its own thing going on.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Dwarfer

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Halo is the apex of average FPS-dom. Half Life 1 wrecked its gameplay on all fronts, and it came out in 1998. Every element that the Halo series employs has been done better in other FPSes...cannot say the same about MP, as it's got its own thing going on.

It's best not to compare the two, since they're different genres. Halo - FPS, Metroid Prime - First Person Adventure. Although clearly one genre is shallower than the other...

Dwarfer

slambert215

I'd buy it, just for MP 1 and 2. I bought MP3 at launch (the day before in Nintendo World!) so I'll just skip over that one.

Now Playing: Modern Warfare 2 and Mobilized, Tekken 6, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online

I'M BACK!
My codes:
Wii: 4408-9655-3946-7256
Brawl: 2621-2393-5112
Mario Kart: 4725-8357-4711
MoH Heroes 2 and Tiger Woods 10: Sean215

RJay

I take back what I said about this preventing a new Metroid.....

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

Adam

Fortunately it has at least prevented another Metroid Prime. Long live the third person! The Other M looks absolutely amazing compared to Prime, despite having a much suckier title.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.