Forums

Topic: MP Trilogy instead of a new MP?

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

AlexSays

MrPinguy wrote:

if Nintendo don't make game for the minority "pseudolame hadcore whinny nintendo fanboy that want antention" im actually glad

Wii Fit is my favorite Nintendo game this gen so you wouldn't look as bad if you had any idea who you're talking to.

AlexSays

greyelephant

So is this a debate about MPT or "Nintendo isn't giving me what kinda games I want" thread? We've got plenty of the latter it seems.

Hey, I think it's great that they are doing this. If you wanted to feel hosed, Nintendo could've released all three seperatly with NPC instead of all for one price. If you're arguing that they aren't giving us any new games, well, I'd have to argue with that as well. Punch Out!! isn't just some run of the mill 3rd party crapware that somebody just cobbled together. Plus we've got 2 releases next month that will be hits as well.

How many hits have PS3 and X-box released recently? Far as I know the only thing good about both of these is FPS. I'm glad as hell that Nintendo can be known for something better than that!

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

Adam

I don't own a single FPS on my PS3. People like to stereotype it, but there certainly is a lot more to it. Sure, there are a lot of FPS's, but Wii has a lot of mini-game compilations, and no one really appreciates when people say that is all the Wii offers.

I just recently downloaded the demo of Infamous, and that is looking surprisingly good. There is definitely a shooting aspect to it, but it's not first-person, and it's not the main feature of the game by any means. Looking forward very much to Fat Princess and Heavy Rain, too, not to mention the Shadow of the Colossus sequel, if that's coming out this year.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

MrPinguy

AlexSays wrote:

MrPinguy wrote:

if Nintendo don't make game for the minority "pseudolame hadcore whinny nintendo fanboy that want antention" im actually glad

Wii Fit is my favorite Nintendo game this gen so you wouldn't look as bad if you had any idea who you're talking to.

Your posts told me enough of you.
Maybe you should read them to see who "look bad"
Im just saying this because you don't lose a chance to whine about games that aren't directed to you. (People who played the triology already). and that some people want them (like me, the Wii is my first nintendo home Console, i had Sega and Sony plataforms before that)
"that want antention" is familiar for you?

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

AlexSays

You don't come here often, do you Mr. Pin?

AlexSays

MrPinguy

AlexSays wrote:

You don't come here often, do you Mr. Pin?

Well i actually use my time to play the games.
instead of whining about re-releasing of games.

(But personally saying that Halo is better than MP make you looked bad enough.)

Are you against re-releasing of movies in DVD for people who don't watched them too for example?
Why games can't have the same treatment.

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

Objection

MrPinguy wrote:

Sigh.... AGAIN?
AlexSays and company again in Nerd rage and whining, because as awlays, think that everybody played the games.
And no don't use the excuse of the gamecube version, again please, if you want to convice me that, give me a Game Cube controler, a memory card and the games in PAL. (Which i can't find anywhere around here).
Of all of the "Wiimakes" (that i actually like because i never owned a gamecube) this is the one that makes sence because almost everybody liked the MP3 controls.
OH and Rjay.... YOU CLEARLY DIDN'T PLAY WII PUCH-OUT!! SO STOP CRITIZISING A GAME THAT YOU EVEN DONT KNOW >: (
Wii Punch-Out!! have much more, but much more content that the Nes version.
The only thing that the Nes version have that Wii don't is "Mike Tyson".
EDIT: Oh after i read the AlexSays about MP3 and etc.... i can say that he's just a troll afterall... if Nintendo don't make game for the minority "pseudolame hadcore whinny nintendo fanboy that want antention" im actually glad, i hate whiners and being and oldschool gamer that also like good casuals (that aren't all of wii games, but there is actually good ones) please don't try to ruin my free time, thanks.

Wow...first of all, please use spell check. It just bothers me. Anyway, your last remark is that you think Alex is a troll because he has a differing viewpoint? Or because he likes new games more than rereleases, wiimakes, and compilations? Guess what? He's not the only one. Does that makes the rest of us "trolls"?

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AlexSays

MrPinguy wrote:

(But personally saying that Halo is better than MP make you looked bad enough.)

Are you against re-releasing of movies in DVD for people who don't watched them too for example?
Why games can't have the same treatment.

People that have a different opinion than yours look bad? Reviews indicate Halo is the better franchise, so your opinion isn't even the popular one.
Maybe it's for the best you just play your games. lol

If you're talking about re-releasing movies that were previously VHS, VHS movies aren't playable in a lot of DVD players.
Gamecube games are playable in all Wiis. Didn't know that? Yeah it's crazy stuff.

And we've already gone over the movie thing here.
It's not even a good comparison.

AlexSays

Adam

I'll never understand why people get upset that other people aren't as thrilled about the same games they want. That seems much more whiney than anything else.

What is even more baffling is the general inability for such people to use accurate comparisons for these GC Wiimakes. The obvious comparison would be Bluray releases of movies already out on DVD since Bluray players play DVDs, too, and -- to me at least -- Bluray adds more to the price tag than it does to the experience... which is oddly similar to the New Play Control situation... hmm...

Come on, friends,

MrPinguy

@Objection_Blaster
Make what you want of it. i don't use a spellcheck on casual comments on the internet.
As i said several times, bussiness and real life are enough for me.
For me, state a view point is diffrent than whine about it everytime that someone talks about it. And generalization is anoying.
I have all my respect for Alex and everybody here, which i don't know more than a Nickname, an avatar and random text.
I'm not a person to take seriously in "freetime chat".
But, Trash for some, treasures for others. Maybe aren't new games for him, but for me are.

MrPinguy

Kizzi

All we need is Eugene and this would be a real party! LOL
Anyways, I like the new MP trilogy, mainly because I have only played the first one.
But I see why people may be upset, but we don't even no if they are making another metoid, as far as I know,
so nintendo thought they would make a quick buck and put all three together. I'm fine with it

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Adam

Kizzi wrote:

I second that. Where is my old sparring partner, anyway?

Come on, friends,

AlexSays

Kizzi wrote:

Anyways, I like the new MP trilogy, mainly because I have only played the first one.

See this is a great deal for you then. Me too because I only bought the first one like you. Though I'll never purchase this trilogy (The first one was enough to make me realize I wasn't a fan. lol).

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

MrPinguy

@Alex
"Gamecube games are playable in all Wiis. Didn't know that?"
Have you read my post up there? since you commented it, i guess that yes.
And that is not just me. Other people don't have the stuff and time to find those stuff to play Gamecube.
Why the movie comparation is bad? it's the same thing. There are still multiple DVD releases with other extras on them you know it's the same thing. And i never see anybody against it.

(PS don't ever use reviews as an argument, because NPC actually had some good reviews about them. See? that doesn't mean it's truth for you right?)

"See this is a great deal for you then. Me too because I only bought the first one like you. Though I'll never purchase this trilogy (The first one was enough to make me realize I wasn't a fan. lol)."
See? are good deals for others. My point here is that one, not everybody played the games. So stop with the generalization bashing.
I hope that E3 will bring you news about new games for you. (and for me).

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

Philip_J_Reed

weirdadam wrote:

Kizzi wrote:

I'm pretty sure he only appears when you lock yourself in the bathroom and say his name three times into the mirror.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Pegasus

AlexSays wrote:

Reviews indicate Halo is the better franchise, so your opinion isn't even the popular one.

Just because something's popular or mainstream doesn't necessarily make it great. Halo is, without a doubt, the most overrated gaming franchise in this decade. Gaming "journalism" today is pretty pitiful, actually.

Edited on by Pegasus

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

Adam

MrPinguy wrote:

Why the movie comparation is bad? it's the same thing. There are still multiple DVD releases with other extras on them you know it's the same thing. And i never see anybody against it.

Because VHS tapes aren't playable on DVD players, as was already explained pretty clearly. The Wii, however, can play GC games. There are cheaper alternatives to get these games if you have a Wii. If you want your classic movies on DVD players, you must get the DVD.

MrPinguy wrote:

Other people don't have the stuff and time to find those stuff to play Gamecube.

Would you like to play the original Prime? Here, I'll take the two seconds to type "metroid prime" on Ebay for you.
Only $8, and it's the best one in the series. What a deal!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

greyelephant

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

Kizzi wrote:

I'm pretty sure he only appears when you lock yourself in the bathroom and say his name three times into the mirror.

OMG, the funniest thing said yet! Just why do I have to lock myself in first?

The funny thing is, how many people actually preferred this series over the originals? See for me, I'd take Metroid and Super Metroid over any of the crap that was delivered on the GC.

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

MrPinguy

@Adam.
Thank you for your intentions
But the problem here is that i don't own a controller and memory cards.
and i actually want very few GC games, and the money and time i would waste in PAL products, taxes and ports would't help at all.
NPC is a better deal for me. (maybe not for some but for me and other people is)
"GC games can be played on Wii; VHS tapes cannot be played on DVD players."
Actually my DVD played can read VHS XD (i love that giant player) and again, im not the only one. (but that was not the thing i was talking about
And DVDs released 5 years ago also work in the same way as the ones 1 year ago released standalone re-releases/in compilations.
Thats was the point i was trying show you

@greyelephant
I like prime but that doesn't mean i like it more than the 2D ones
(Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission are my favorites in the series)

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

Adam

@ Mr Pinguy
Seriously, it doesn't take but a second or two to find good deals.

Also, Re: Your DVD Player, that is not the same. You have a DVD / VHS player. You paid extra to have both in one. The Wii is an upgraded GC. Not the same.

As for DVD rereleases, I would say that is just the same as NPC series, a cheap cash-in, trying to get people to rebuy things they've already bought. I always hate when I buy a DVD on release day only to find a year later that there is now an "extra definitive" version out. As much as I might want the extra scenes, director's cut, or whatever else, I have already paid for the movie once, and I'm not about to do it again because of cheap business tactics that are barely above reaching directly into the consumer's wallet.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.