Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 961 to 980 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

961. Posted:

...I think I found my first door where it needs a super missile...and I'm stuck at these two areas...can't find anything. (besides that missile expansion, lol) Dunno how to open up this regular red door either, halp!!!

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

962. Posted:

@Chicken Brutus

That's where I am too, but toward the "seeming" end of Sector 1.

That's exactly how I'm feeling about this game. Once the game starts and the narrative is "as you go" there's absolutely no fault I could find with it. None. And, tell me this, have you EVER played a game that transitioned from "playing" to "watching story" back to "playing" as well as this game? Lord almighty, it's so friggin smooth.....

You know when you are playing zelda and Link walks into a new area (Or a boss area) and the game takes over, shows you around then gives you control, in one "cinematric" motion? That's amateur compared to what Other M is. The "cinematrics" in this game are so smooth and the character model on it is so perfect to the playable it seems surreal.

Metroid fans, don't worry about the "authorization" thing. It works. It fits within the story and gameplay, and doesn't feel frustrating. The Metroid exploration is not touched by it, as within 20 minutes I was finding little hatches and walls to blow up and little nooks to find secret stuff.

3rd person to 1st person? Perfect visually. There's no hangup (which I was expecting). There's no frame rate issues. And it feels natural to your hand and it become second nature and instinctive within a few minutes.

Example: The game is so smooth, if you are near a door and an enemy huts you and you fall back to the previous room the door will stay open so that you can keep your fight going. It doesn't "reset" the area like all previous games did. I mean, that's the kind of detail you will find in this game.

Let me get back to it.... but man, this game is amazing.

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

963. Posted:

@bell, go back to that little room with an "aquarium" thingy at the middle of the room. There's something inside it now. You'll get the hint. = )

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

964. Posted:

Yeah the missile expansion right? I can't get to it...lol. I'm looking in it and see nothing but that. Gah! xD
EDIT: ...Never mind. xD

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Arigner

965. Posted:

just those two post above me say that they are, Indeed, playing a METROID game.

(- I dont know what to do.... F**************)
(Search in **** room)
(I see it but I cannot get there!)
(Oh, you could blow that up? Sweet)

Isnt that what happens in every freaking metroid? (maybe except prime's, the scan indicate what you can blow...)

Edited on by Arigner

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

966. Posted:

My copy of the game is coming in the mail, but something's been bothering me. My Wii has no problems running SSBB and MK Wii (both to my understanding are dual-layered discs). Does that guarantee I'll be able to play Metroid: Other M?

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

967. Posted:

Bigdog wrote:

You know when you are playing zelda and Link walks into a new area (Or a boss area) and the game takes over, shows you around then gives you control, in one "cinematric" motion? That's amateur compared to what Other M is. The "cinematrics" in this game are so smooth and the character model on it is so perfect to the playable it seems surreal.

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about.

(Also, totally echo you on the "authorization" thing. I can't say I prefer it to actually locating upgrades, because I don't, but if they chose to go this route, they did it beautifully. And all those snarky reviews questioning whether Samus would really choose not to use her abilities until she was granted permission to do so? They must have skipped every cut scene or stuffed cotton in their ears or something, because it's perfectly clear to me.)

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Arigner

968. Posted:

Well, because THIS TIME its LOGICAL why she dosen't have every power from start, it sucks.

I remember somes fan saying: its always some more of the same! we want something new!

And then, they all say it isn't like before...

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

969. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

I've been playing Other M for about an hour now, thankfully I got the cleaning kit last week in preparation for it, so it's working like a dream; it's fantastic. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to the game...

@Tech: Where are people getting the idea that you have all your upgrades available from the beginning? Now, granted, I'm only about three hours into the game, but so far the only thing Samus came armed with to the ship were her missiles and bombs, and you get granted authorization to use them about 10 minutes after she decides to wait for Adam's order. It's not too far into the game and I already found a suit upgrade, yes, one that Samus didn't have and was waiting for authorization to use. I checked out the suit inventory, too, and the only abilities there are the ones Samus boarded the ship with; no un-selectable Super Missiles or Power Bombs. Also, no exploration? I just found a morph ball tunnel that led to a large, unmarked part of the map, if that's not classic Metroid exploration, then I don't know what is. As I've said countless times, play the game for yourself before you let all the reviews pollute your mind...

Thanks for the heads up. It does make me feel better. Just don't want them to screw up my beloved franchise. I will get a chance to play this tomorrow for a bit but told my brother to just beat it first then its hunting time for me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

970. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Bigdog wrote:

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about.

(Also, totally echo you on the "authorization" thing. I can't say I prefer it to actually locating upgrades, because I don't, but if they chose to go this route, they did it beautifully. And all those snarky reviews questioning whether Samus would really choose not to use her abilities until she was granted permission to do so? They must have skipped every cut scene or stuffed cotton in their ears or something, because it's perfectly clear to me.)

I know, right? I was fully prepared to jump on the hate wagon, but the game actually makes the whole thing plausible. I love how they described the destructive use of Power Bombs--not only was it kind of awesome, but it made it pretty clear why this, and some of the more lethal weapons, are unauthorized unless under the most dire circumstances. And not all of the new powerups are acquired from being authorized. The first real powerup you get is the Diffusion Beam, which you pick up after beating a boss. That's classic Metroid stuff, there!

I was fully prepared to hate this game, but I've played this game for four hours. And every second of it has been extremely fun. With the exception of the thumbs-down scene. What the heck was that all about?

EDIT: Another complaint that I don't understand: reviewers have been saying how there's practically no exploration. Lies. I've spent at least an hour of my total playtime thus far just backtracking and using new powerups to search for Missile Tanks and Energy Tanks. Once again--I seriously do not understand the hate.

Also also: I'm probably wrong, but right now it seems like the Samus/Adam relationship is going to explore some darrrrk places...me likey.

Yes. Glad I'm not the only one.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

971. Posted:

Only a few hours for me so far; think i'm mostly through Sector 1. I think. I'll echo everything CB said; this game is awesome. Now that i've played it, many of the criticisms i've read really make me think that reviewers weren't paying attention when they were playing (especially with regards to the "not using certain weapons" thing) and/or they just don't "get" Metroid games, period.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

972. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

And not all of the new powerups are acquired from being authorized. The first real powerup you get is the Diffusion Beam, which you pick up after beating a boss. That's classic Metroid stuff, there!

I didn't get that far, so thanks for clarifying. :) Damned reviews misleading me into thinking you only picked up missile expansions and energy tanks...

Kid_A wrote:

I was fully prepared to hate this game, but I've played this game for four hours. And every second of it has been extremely fun. With the exception of the thumbs-down scene. What the heck was that all about?

I liked that scene. :(

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

973. Posted:

Only got about an hour or so with it, but so far I love it. I adore the voice acting wich I think is fantastic. Samus is exmilitary and the following orders out of respect makes every bit of sense when you play the game and follow the incredible back story. I have been blown away. Team Ninja is by far my favorite developer and from what Ive seen so far, they have done exactly what I wanted and much more with Metroid. Sakamoto and his fear of voicing characters (especially his more hardcore ones) should take a good look at what a story line can do for a series. Incredible! I expect the next 9+ hours to be nothing less!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

974. Posted:

At first, the game seemed dull to me. But once I got to Sector 1, things starting to get better. Now, I think its a great game! But now I know all the areas are all on the Bottle Ship rather than us going to different planets :(

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

975. Posted:

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

And not all of the new powerups are acquired from being authorized. The first real powerup you get is the Diffusion Beam, which you pick up after beating a boss. That's classic Metroid stuff, there!

I didn't get that far, so thanks for clarifying. :) Damned reviews misleading me into thinking you only picked up missile expansions and energy tanks...

Kid_A wrote:

I liked that scene. :(

Really? It was just very over-written. And overly symbolic. I thought the idea was good, but...okay, here's what it felt like: it felt like one of the artists did this drawing of Samus with a thumbs down. And Sakamoto was like, "I love that drawing! Let's incorporate that into the story somehow!" It was just so bizarre for me. Like, really? That's the most rebellious thing Samus could have possibly done? Give somebody a thumbs down? I liked the rest of the scene, because I think the whole relationship between Adam and Samus is really interesting. That whole thumbs down bit was just a tad much for me, though.

Besides not getting treated to the classic "item get" jingle when you get a Missile Pack, that was the only part of the game I haven't loved so far.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

976. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

At first, the game seemed dull to me. But once I got to Sector 1, things starting to get better. Now, I think its a great game! But now I know all the areas are all on the Bottle Ship rather than us going to different planets :(

-BF98 ;)

Spoiler Alert!
That's the way Fusion is, though (although I think it's done much better here). I thought it was actually a cool little twist when you find that first terminal, flip the switch and the room flickers to reveal that the environment was just a hologram. Not only that, but I suspect that will have a lot to do with the plot later on ;) Plus, the sense of size you get when first flying into the space station is pretty staggering--so much that it never feels unrealistic that all this crazy stuff is contained within one single space ship.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

977. Posted:

Traded in a MOTHERload of Wii games and got Other M for $3, and about $70 on my Edge card to boot.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

978. Posted:

I got it and I can now say It is an awesome action game. My only complaint is that if you have big thumbs you may press the up button by accident and because of the 3D enviroment I sometimes move in enemy attacks. That is my only complaint.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

979. Posted:

Anyone else find the combat to be a tad clunky? Mainly doing the melee attacks is what gets me killed. I can never land them correctly...

(I wish the Wii remote and Nunchuck were an option.)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

980. Posted:

...Stuck again, lol...I activated something in some save room, like a door...but can't seem to it and I'm like...running in circles here, lol.