Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

irken004

941. Posted:

I rigged up my own version of the Wii lens cleaner, which I'll talk about later. Anyway...

I GOT MA COPY TO READ :D

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

942. Posted:

I can't wait until earlier. jk
Actually I can't wait until my mom's off work so I can............. GO PICK UP OTHER M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

romulux

943. Posted:

i've got to say, those people saying the cinema scenes aren't up to 'current gen' standards are full of it. the whole game looks so much better than the compressed youtube videos you've seen, it's a sight to behold. i'm not too far in obviously, but at this point, yeah, i'm also having a hard time believing this game could get so many negative reviews.

the dialog is in that range where if you're looking for it to suck, you'll come away hating it, but if you're open to the story and give it a chance, it's more than good enough. i think that's the problem, so many people were worried the game would suck and they blew every little fault out of proportion because of it.

the controls are also really cool. there's a learning curve for sure, but they're really fun to figure out. the only thing i struggled with was the fact that your view doesn't turn when you switch to 1st person. years of using the remote have trained me to think that when i'm pointing i'll automatically be able to turn and look. the trick is to hold B as you enter 1st person so that you're already free to look from the start: works great.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Faildude

944. Posted:

Can you switch to the Japanese dub?

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

AuthorMessage

Machu

945. Posted:

Dual Layer?!?!?! :O

oh fuuuuu... D:

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

romulux

946. Posted:

^faildude: nope. it would have been cool, but all in all i'd rather watch the scenes than read subtitles.

also, for anyone who was worried about items appearing on the map and making a sound, don't be. i've come across 4 already and couldn't find one for the life of me. you'll understand pretty quick that with preset camera angles it's pretty tough to see where items can be hidden, so if they didn't include some extra help you'd have to scan the whole game in 1st person.

Edited on by romulux

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

947. Posted:

As others have said, I can't believe this game has gotten so many mixed/negative reviews: it's phenomenal! So far everything has worked just as described in all the interviews prior to the game's release; tap any direction on the d-pad when you're about to get hit and you dodge at the last second, have your arm cannon charged up and jump on an enemy when they're weak to pull off an overblast, etc. It definitely takes some practice, but once you get the hang of it, you're good to go. My only complaint would have to be when you're frozen in place and tasked with investigating something in your surrounding area, which can sometimes take a while, but that's it. I'll be going back now...

@Faildude: The only languages were English, Spanish and French, so no. Maybe it's an unlockable extra, though, who knows...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

948. Posted:

This game and Ys 7 the same week (for me)....and Dragon Quest IX last month....I'm seriously dizzy.

I'll prob won't be on NL for the next couple days, since I don't have work and I feel like dedicating two straight days to beating this and the rest of Ys 7. SUCH A GOOD MONTH!!!!!

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

949. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

@Kid_A Eh not very far at all. I got x-ray scope, wave beam, and grappling beam last time I played.

That's good! Find a good guide or map and you could knock it out in a couple of hours

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

950. Posted:

Angaran wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Angaran wrote:

Whats dual layered mean?

It means is holds more data.

I'm pretty sure it adds another layer on the surface of a disc (which is partially transparent), allowing the laser to read either it or penetrate through and read the original layer.

So how come it doesn't work for some people?
Do they have a lot of things downloaded or saved files if so I don't have to worry right?

The dual layer process isn't perfect, especially for games on the Wii. A somewhat dirty or blemished laser eye might work like a charm on normal discs but not so much on dual layered ones. If you're able to play Smash Bros Brawl on your Wii (or any other d-layer game) you should be fine.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

951. Posted:

Has anyone who was having disc-read problems tried the Official Nintendo Lens Cleaning Kit on their system yet? I ordered it just now off of Amazon and I really, really, REALLY hope that it fixes the problem. I've been jonesing for this game for months, but I am kind of reluctant to spend $85 dollars extra to have Nintendo replace my disc drive just so I can play it.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

Arigner

952. Posted:

Played about 45 minutes of the game because I had to go to school (:'(), but that was an epic 45 minutes! I don't see any of thoses negatives points.Up until I've played more (like, when Im gonna get home...) this Is what I think: I think its a really good revival of the Metroid Series.

About those reviews who complains about cinematic and samus talking, think about a thing: Her first game was on the NES. Not many Characters talked in the game and even less had cinematic. One I remember is Ninja Gaiden, you know the game made by Techmo in 1988

Oh wait.

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

953. Posted:

@badmouths: I bought the cleaning kit a few days before Other M's release and I assure you, it works like a charm. My Wii had trouble reading my Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, but as soon as I cleaned its lens, it worked. As of now I have about 6 hours of playtime on Other M and my Wii has given me no trouble...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

pixelman

954. Posted:

Just picked it up. Can't play it till the weekend though - my Wii's in another state! :O

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

955. Posted:

@Metroid_Fan: Awesome! That eases my mind a little bit. I recently traded in SSBB because it ceased to work, so imagine my horror when this one (which I had traded Smash Bros AND 4 other games in for) didn't work right out of the box... Whew. Here's hoping the cleaning kit is successful...

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

956. Posted:

Arigner wrote:

Played about 45 minutes of the game because I had to go to school (:'(), but that was an epic 45 minutes! I don't see any of thoses negatives points.Up until I've played more (like, when Im gonna get home...) this Is what I think: I think its a really good revival of the Metroid Series.

About those reviews who complains about cinematic and samus talking, think about a thing: Her first game was on the NES. Not many Characters talked in the game and even less had cinematic. One I remember is Ninja Gaiden, you know the game made by Techmo in 1988

Oh wait.

Same here, I am not far in either (met with the Federation, defeated the first boss, etc), and I really like the cut-scenes and don't think the voice acting is THAT bad. I mean its Team Ninja, so it has that "feel" to it, but I am not cringing at every word, like I thought I would. I agree, I mean, yeah the Prime series is great in its own respect, but I don't think Other M deserves to be overshadowed and thrown under the rug, like some reviewers are doing...glares at G4's, Morgan Webb

Currently Playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

romulux

957. Posted:

badmouthsadmouth wrote:

Has anyone who was having disc-read problems tried the Official Nintendo Lens Cleaning Kit on their system yet?

it works, not just for dual layers but scratched discs as well. my copy of corruption got scratched to hell and wouldn't work; after cleaning once it was playable but would give me the "error" screen when loading certain rooms; after cleaning a few more times the game was fully functional again. i couldn't recommend that little kit any harder.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

958. Posted:

Swerd_Murd wrote:

This game and Ys 7 the same week (for me)....and Dragon Quest IX last month....I'm seriously dizzy.

I'll prob won't be on NL for the next couple days, since I don't have work and I feel like dedicating two straight days to beating this and the rest of Ys 7. SUCH A GOOD MONTH!!!!!

I thought it was you. I got Ys7 and Metroid today :D

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Arigner

959. Posted:

suburban_sensei wrote:

Same here, I am not far in either (met with the Federation, defeated the first boss, etc), and I really like the cut-scenes and don't think the voice acting is THAT bad. I mean its Team Ninja, so it has that "feel" to it, but I am not cringing at every word, like I thought I would. I agree, I mean, yeah the Prime series is great in its own respect, but I don't think Other M deserves to be overshadowed and thrown under the rug, like some reviewers are doing...glares at G4's, Morgan Webb

In fact, I prefer a little dull voice with character, for a reason like being all alone against the worst things in the galaxy many times, had to fight multiple times her parent killers, never of almost talking. Like I said on gonintendo.com, It is not NORMAL for her to fight with others, because she hasnt for a long time. She is a little relieved that she has friends but its difficult for her to how act. Many people in the real world are like that so its not Surprising that she isn't a super badass immune to everything.

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

960. Posted:

Just checking in to say I love it.

It's awesome. I'm only partway through Sector 1, but the attention to detail has blown me away. An absolutely gorgeous game with some awesomely effective atmosphere. The third-to-first switching is so far very smooth, and getting smoother as I come to grips with its quirks.

This is a fantastic experience so far, and I look forward to spending much more time with it.

Also, to the voice acting haterzzz: you crazy. It ain't really that bad. Samus might sound a little clinical and dazed, but that's sort of accounted for by the opening cut scene.

Also also: I'm probably wrong, but right now it seems like the Samus/Adam relationship is going to explore some darrrrk places...me likey.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat