Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,742

Kid_A

Man, I am REALLY enjoying this game. Can't believe the bad reviews! Controls work like a dream--even the pointing--and the combat is incredibly fun. It's linear now, but I'm already spending a lot of time going back and getting missile/energy tanks. So far my only complaint is the script. It's completely awful at times. Thankfully the cutscenes are gorgeous and the story itself is quite interesting.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

grumblebuzzz

I'm so angry right now that I could take out Mother Brain, Kraid, Ridley and whoever else wants a turn with my bare freakin hands! I get my pre-order copy of the game, come home, pop it into my Wii and what do I see? "Cannot read disc." O_________O So, after I beat the crap out of some stuff and screamed until my voice ceased to work, I now realize that I have to send my console to be repaired, since this disc-read problem I've been experiencing lately is only getting worse. It will now be TWO LONG WEEKS until I get to play this game, after anticipating August 31st for months now. Oh, and it's gonna cost me $85 more dollars to play it also! Whee! I <3 my life...

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Joeynator3000

Just bought the game....kinda...only problem is, well...my mom bought it, since she's able to get around town and I take a bus straight from my class back home. I gotta wait till tonight. xD

Does this game have that 100% completion secret video thing like the Primes had? Those were always fun, lol. Oh, and how many major bosses are there? I love bosses. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kid_A

Odnetnin wrote:

I'm really sorry for those people whose Wiis can't read dual-layer discs, good luck with repairs.

So I'm gonna get in a few hours, but don't know if I should play it until I beat Super. Any opinions?

Depends on how far you are. I beat super metroid last night and I'm really glad I did--the first 10 minutes of the game deal with the end of Super Metroid. But it's not essential

mushroomer

I think they should have done this:
Made Samus like 50-60 years old in age. Use Sigourney Weaver as the voice actress as well as the cut scene real footage video actress. Why not? Think of how many sigourney weaver fans would get into the game. and they could pay homage to Aliens. How kick butt would it be for a 55 year old lady kickin it!. But, no.. they had to go with the cliche hot chick that all games have. She even looks blended into the whole final fantasy look. What if she was married and had a son. They could introduce these new characters to sort of take over the future franchise. Then the next Super Smash Bros could have a new character, Samus son, Samuel. The catch is, when Samus had Samuel, the metoids took him captive and injected him with the metroid dna causing him to have unknown reactions and side effects through out his life. Samus looks for a cure but the final scene is Samus vs Samuel. blah blah.. im just making it up as i go along..

mushroomer

Angaran

The Fox wrote:

Angaran wrote:

Whats dual layered mean?

It means is holds more data.

I'm pretty sure it adds another layer on the surface of a disc (which is partially transparent), allowing the laser to read either it or penetrate through and read the original layer.

So how come it doesn't work for some people?
Do they have a lot of things downloaded or saved files if so I don't have to worry right?

Angaran

irken004

I rigged up my own version of the Wii lens cleaner, which I'll talk about later. Anyway...

I GOT MA COPY TO READ

Edited on by irken004

romulux

i've got to say, those people saying the cinema scenes aren't up to 'current gen' standards are full of it. the whole game looks so much better than the compressed youtube videos you've seen, it's a sight to behold. i'm not too far in obviously, but at this point, yeah, i'm also having a hard time believing this game could get so many negative reviews.

the dialog is in that range where if you're looking for it to suck, you'll come away hating it, but if you're open to the story and give it a chance, it's more than good enough. i think that's the problem, so many people were worried the game would suck and they blew every little fault out of proportion because of it.

the controls are also really cool. there's a learning curve for sure, but they're really fun to figure out. the only thing i struggled with was the fact that your view doesn't turn when you switch to 1st person. years of using the remote have trained me to think that when i'm pointing i'll automatically be able to turn and look. the trick is to hold B as you enter 1st person so that you're already free to look from the start: works great.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Faildude

Can you switch to the Japanese dub?

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

Machu

Dual Layer?!?!?!

oh fuuuuu... D:

Rawr!

romulux

^faildude: nope. it would have been cool, but all in all i'd rather watch the scenes than read subtitles.

also, for anyone who was worried about items appearing on the map and making a sound, don't be. i've come across 4 already and couldn't find one for the life of me. you'll understand pretty quick that with preset camera angles it's pretty tough to see where items can be hidden, so if they didn't include some extra help you'd have to scan the whole game in 1st person.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

As others have said, I can't believe this game has gotten so many mixed/negative reviews: it's phenomenal! So far everything has worked just as described in all the interviews prior to the game's release; tap any direction on the d-pad when you're about to get hit and you dodge at the last second, have your arm cannon charged up and jump on an enemy when they're weak to pull off an overblast, etc. It definitely takes some practice, but once you get the hang of it, you're good to go. My only complaint would have to be when you're frozen in place and tasked with investigating something in your surrounding area, which can sometimes take a while, but that's it. I'll be going back now...

@Faildude: The only languages were English, Spanish and French, so no. Maybe it's an unlockable extra, though, who knows...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

SwerdMurd

This game and Ys 7 the same week (for me)....and Dragon Quest IX last month....I'm seriously dizzy.

I'll prob won't be on NL for the next couple days, since I don't have work and I feel like dedicating two straight days to beating this and the rest of Ys 7. SUCH A GOOD MONTH!!!!!

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Kid_A

Odnetnin wrote:

@Kid_A Eh not very far at all. I got x-ray scope, wave beam, and grappling beam last time I played.

That's good! Find a good guide or map and you could knock it out in a couple of hours

The_Fox

Angaran wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Angaran wrote:

Whats dual layered mean?

It means is holds more data.

I'm pretty sure it adds another layer on the surface of a disc (which is partially transparent), allowing the laser to read either it or penetrate through and read the original layer.

So how come it doesn't work for some people?
Do they have a lot of things downloaded or saved files if so I don't have to worry right?

The dual layer process isn't perfect, especially for games on the Wii. A somewhat dirty or blemished laser eye might work like a charm on normal discs but not so much on dual layered ones. If you're able to play Smash Bros Brawl on your Wii (or any other d-layer game) you should be fine.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

grumblebuzzz

Has anyone who was having disc-read problems tried the Official Nintendo Lens Cleaning Kit on their system yet? I ordered it just now off of Amazon and I really, really, REALLY hope that it fixes the problem. I've been jonesing for this game for months, but I am kind of reluctant to spend $85 dollars extra to have Nintendo replace my disc drive just so I can play it.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Arigner

Played about 45 minutes of the game because I had to go to school (), but that was an epic 45 minutes! I don't see any of thoses negatives points.Up until I've played more (like, when Im gonna get home...) this Is what I think: I think its a really good revival of the Metroid Series.

About those reviews who complains about cinematic and samus talking, think about a thing: Her first game was on the NES. Not many Characters talked in the game and even less had cinematic. One I remember is Ninja Gaiden, you know the game made by Techmo in 1988

Oh wait.

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic