Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

921. Posted:

It's a dual layer disk? Not sure if my wii can hold so much.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

JGMR

922. Posted:

The medium is a Dual Layered disc, yes...the game is nearly 9 Gigabytes...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Mono05

923. Posted:

Just picked up the game and it looks great. Even in game play. Not just the cut screens. Samus is still hot as hell. I think it's really fun so far. Controls take some getting use to. But other then that the game moves and its really fun so far, Back to the game.

Wii FC:5191-5381-0878-4626
Mario Kart Wii FC:3352-6384-5091
Tetris Party Deluxe FC: 090465065880
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Moe0521
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FC: 1935-2104-2320

AuthorMessage

Angaran

924. Posted:

Whats dual layered mean?

Angaran

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

925. Posted:

Angaran wrote:

Whats dual layered mean?

It means is holds more data.

I'm pretty sure it adds another layer on the surface of a disc (which is partially transparent), allowing the laser to read either it or penetrate through and read the original layer.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Ivol

926. Posted:

3 hours into the game and the awesome it's just NON STOP!

meh!

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

927. Posted:

I've been playing Other M for about an hour now, thankfully I got the cleaning kit last week in preparation for it, so it's working like a dream; it's fantastic. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to the game...

@Tech: Where are people getting the idea that you have all your upgrades available from the beginning? Now, granted, I'm only about three hours into the game, but so far the only thing Samus came armed with to the ship were her missiles and bombs, and you get granted authorization to use them about 10 minutes after she decides to wait for Adam's order. It's not too far into the game and I already found a suit upgrade, yes, one that Samus didn't have and was waiting for authorization to use. I checked out the suit inventory, too, and the only abilities there are the ones Samus boarded the ship with; no un-selectable Super Missiles or Power Bombs. Also, no exploration? I just found a morph ball tunnel that led to a large, unmarked part of the map, if that's not classic Metroid exploration, then I don't know what is. As I've said countless times, play the game for yourself before you let all the reviews pollute your mind...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

JGMR

928. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

As I've said countless times, play the game for yourself before you let all the reviews pollute your mind...

!!!

10, AmakuraKyon :

One of the best games of the Wii. The CGs and cutescens are VERY EPIC. The BOSS fights, maps, very diverse, the enemy types are very interesting... and the Samus have a epic personality. Graphic is one of the best of the Wii, sound, gameplay are very nice. Dont trust in negative reviews.

9, Fluggy :

Cannot believe the extent of the negative reviews for this rather fine game.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Ivol

929. Posted:

The whole OMG it has so many cutscenes and Metroid wasn't like that it's getting REALLY annoying...if i remember correctly Final Fantasy for the NES and SNES didn't have ANY cutscenes and when FF7 (a games that have a LOT of cutscenes) got released everybody heralded it as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ...

Edited on by Ivol

meh!

AuthorMessage

Punny

930. Posted:

How do I put this lightly....

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

JGMR

931. Posted:

Ivol wrote:

The whole OMG it has so many cutscenes and Metroid wasn't like that it's getting REALLY annoying...if i remember correctly Final Fantasy for the NES and SNES didn't have ANY cutscenes and when FF7 (a games that have a LOT of cutscenes) got released everybody heralded it as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ...

True, i remember those days; Tekken 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII... I do like full motion videos, there are far too less games with them in 'em nowadays. It adds something that cannot be done in realtime, and it keeps the game varied in a way.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

932. Posted:

Darn, I didn't know it was a dual layer, and went and buy it earlier, wish I had known before. My Wii simply can't read dual layer, even if I get it cleaned, it won't play for long, shouldn't have bought it :'(.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

933. Posted:

Man, I am REALLY enjoying this game. Can't believe the bad reviews! Controls work like a dream--even the pointing--and the combat is incredibly fun. It's linear now, but I'm already spending a lot of time going back and getting missile/energy tanks. So far my only complaint is the script. It's completely awful at times. Thankfully the cutscenes are gorgeous and the story itself is quite interesting.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

934. Posted:

I'm so angry right now that I could take out Mother Brain, Kraid, Ridley and whoever else wants a turn with my bare freakin hands! I get my pre-order copy of the game, come home, pop it into my Wii and what do I see? "Cannot read disc." O_________O So, after I beat the crap out of some stuff and screamed until my voice ceased to work, I now realize that I have to send my console to be repaired, since this disc-read problem I've been experiencing lately is only getting worse. It will now be TWO LONG WEEKS until I get to play this game, after anticipating August 31st for months now. Oh, and it's gonna cost me $85 more dollars to play it also! Whee! I <3 my life...

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

935. Posted:

Just bought the game....kinda...only problem is, well...my mom bought it, since she's able to get around town and I take a bus straight from my class back home. I gotta wait till tonight. xD

Does this game have that 100% completion secret video thing like the Primes had? Those were always fun, lol. Oh, and how many major bosses are there? I love bosses. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

936. Posted:

I'm really sorry for those people whose Wiis can't read dual-layer discs, good luck with repairs. :(

So I'm gonna get in a few hours, but don't know if I should play it until I beat Super. Any opinions?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

937. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

I'm really sorry for those people whose Wiis can't read dual-layer discs, good luck with repairs. :(

So I'm gonna get in a few hours, but don't know if I should play it until I beat Super. Any opinions?

Depends on how far you are. I beat super metroid last night and I'm really glad I did--the first 10 minutes of the game deal with the end of Super Metroid. But it's not essential

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

mushroomer

938. Posted:

I think they should have done this:
Made Samus like 50-60 years old in age. Use Sigourney Weaver as the voice actress as well as the cut scene real footage video actress. Why not? Think of how many sigourney weaver fans would get into the game. and they could pay homage to Aliens. How kick butt would it be for a 55 year old lady kickin it!. But, no.. they had to go with the cliche hot chick that all games have. She even looks blended into the whole final fantasy look. What if she was married and had a son. They could introduce these new characters to sort of take over the future franchise. Then the next Super Smash Bros could have a new character, Samus son, Samuel. The catch is, when Samus had Samuel, the metoids took him captive and injected him with the metroid dna causing him to have unknown reactions and side effects through out his life. Samus looks for a cure but the final scene is Samus vs Samuel. blah blah.. im just making it up as i go along..

mushroomer

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

939. Posted:

@Kid_A Eh not very far at all. I got x-ray scope, wave beam, and grappling beam last time I played.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Angaran

940. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

Angaran wrote:

Whats dual layered mean?

It means is holds more data.

I'm pretty sure it adds another layer on the surface of a disc (which is partially transparent), allowing the laser to read either it or penetrate through and read the original layer.

So how come it doesn't work for some people?
Do they have a lot of things downloaded or saved files if so I don't have to worry right?

Angaran