Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

901. Posted:

HiroshiYamauchi wrote:

WolfRamHeart wrote:

HiroshiYamauchi wrote:

I can't say that i'm disappointed with this game because i had very low expectations since the first time i saw it. And i was right, it isn't a bad game, but it exhales mediocrity.

So, have you actually played the game or are you just jumping on the negative review bandwagon?

Yes, i did played the game.

Wait, how the heck did you play the game when it was just recently released in the US not a few hours ago of this post (though, if you live in the PAL regions, it will not come out in a few more days)? Unless you are a journalist, or pirated the game, it's impossible. Though, if you're talking about the demo version that was available at places like E3, then you shouldn't make a final opinion on a few minute playthrough.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

902. Posted:

@Link-Hero: someone else said shortly before him that theirs had arrived in the mail yesterday. it happens.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

HiroshiYamauchi

903. Posted:

thank you for not discussing piracy -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

HiroshiYamauchi

AuthorMessage

erv

904. Posted:

? if his copy arrived early there's gotta have been some playtime right?

Anyhow, because it's such a different game, isn't it just logic it doesn't match some gamers? I'm not surprised to find people with mixed opinions - it is not as if you know beforehand whether or not this was gonna be your type of thing.

For me, every part of the comments and reviews that mention the positive-negative ratio confirms my suspicion that it is my type of game, but I am not the only gamer out there :)

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

905. Posted:

I haven't read any reviews for it (don't want to spoil it) but I've enjoyed plenty of games with not so good reviews.

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

Faron

906. Posted:

SuperPeach wrote:

I haven't read any reviews for it (don't want to spoil it) but I've enjoyed plenty of games with not so good reviews.

Me too. Like Shadowman.

Faron

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

907. Posted:

I didn't realize my question would create such a riff in the topic. I was just asking a question then questioning the game. I'm sure this game is going to be just as good as any other game in the franchise.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

908. Posted:

I'm really starting to get more worried about the game myself. Yes we all need to form our own opinion but when so many reviewers are giving it average reviews we do need to take notice and yes now a day anything below a 8 is considered average in my book.

What I like about the series is being stripped away by not focusing on the exploration of the upgrades. That is what made the series fun for me. To have all of it from the beginning and to be ordered not to use it is stupid. What happened to not being able to access a certain area because you weren't properly equipped. Finding these parts or weapons you needed was half the fun of the metroid series. Most critics I think are judging this game against the whole series not just the prime series (which by the way was metriod through and through ). If you take away the ability to jump in Mario then it loses something. I feel like we have lost the ability in metroid with this version. Don't get me wrong it will still be a good game but fans of the past games will be the most critical.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

909. Posted:

@Tech101, thats what i'm worried about too.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

irken004

910. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

What happened to not being able to access a certain area because you weren't properly equipped.

That still happens in this game. Once you beat it, you can play through it again with all the upgrades you have, along with a map updated with all the expansion's locations.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

911. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

What happened to not being able to access a certain area because you weren't properly equipped.

That still happens in this game. Once you beat it, you can play through it again with all the upgrades you have, along with a map updated with all the expansion's locations.

Are you referring to the energy tanks and missile upgrades cus I've read you have all your abilities from the beginning. I'm talking about your different suits and beam weapons and any other of the speical upgrades you normal have to find in the other metroids.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

irken004

912. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Are you referring to the energy tanks and missile upgrades cus I've read you have all your abilities from the beginning. I'm talking about your different suits and beam weapons and any other of the speical upgrades you normal have to find in the other metroids.

I was talking about missle/tank upgrades, otherwise yes, ur right.

AND MY Wii WON'T READ THE OTHER M DISC :'(

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

913. Posted:

No don't say that irken . That sucks let us know what you think about the game if you can get it to work.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

914. Posted:

@Irken does SSBB work?

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

irken004

915. Posted:

SuperPeach wrote:

@Irken does SSBB work?

Not anymore D: It worked fine before the system update that came with Other M...

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Knux

916. Posted:

Oh joy, I am deftinely going to have to send my Wii in for repairs since Metroid:Other M is a dual-layer disc game. :|

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

917. Posted:

It's the dual layered problem you have 3 options get a cleaning kit to fix it, send it to Nintendo, or replace the drive yourself. Of those the kit is the best option, it should fix the problem.

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

irken004

918. Posted:

SuperPeach wrote:

It's the dual layered problem you have 3 options get a cleaning kit to fix it, send it to Nintendo, or replace the drive yourself. Of those the kit is the best option, it should fix the problem.

Yeah, I'll get one of those sometime soon.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

919. Posted:

@irken... ssb did that to me, it was the disc.

Really starting to wonder why the review isn't up. Maybe panda didn't like it and low scored it himself. Review are opinions. As much hate thrown at g4 i clearly remember them going crazy over galaxy and perfect scored it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Mabbit

920. Posted:

bleh, after reading the reviews, its no longer a day 1 buy for me. im gonna hold off on this game for a week or two. maybe ill get monster hunter tri instead...

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04