Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,742

Spoony_Tech

No don't say that irken . That sucks let us know what you think about the game if you can get it to work.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Knux

Oh joy, I am deftinely going to have to send my Wii in for repairs since Metroid:Other M is a dual-layer disc game.

Knux

SuperPeach

It's the dual layered problem you have 3 options get a cleaning kit to fix it, send it to Nintendo, or replace the drive yourself. Of those the kit is the best option, it should fix the problem.

SuperPeach

irken004

SuperPeach wrote:

It's the dual layered problem you have 3 options get a cleaning kit to fix it, send it to Nintendo, or replace the drive yourself. Of those the kit is the best option, it should fix the problem.

Yeah, I'll get one of those sometime soon.

Slapshot

@irken... ssb did that to me, it was the disc.

Really starting to wonder why the review isn't up. Maybe panda didn't like it and low scored it himself. Review are opinions. As much hate thrown at g4 i clearly remember them going crazy over galaxy and perfect scored it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Mabbit

bleh, after reading the reviews, its no longer a day 1 buy for me. im gonna hold off on this game for a week or two. maybe ill get monster hunter tri instead...

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

JGMR

The medium is a Dual Layered disc, yes...the game is nearly 9 Gigabytes...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Mono05

Just picked up the game and it looks great. Even in game play. Not just the cut screens. Samus is still hot as hell. I think it's really fun so far. Controls take some getting use to. But other then that the game moves and its really fun so far, Back to the game.

Wii FC:5191-5381-0878-4626
Mario Kart Wii FC:3352-6384-5091
Tetris Party Deluxe FC: 090465065880
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Moe0521
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FC: 1935-2104-2320

Angaran

Whats dual layered mean?

Angaran

The_Fox

Angaran wrote:

Whats dual layered mean?

It means is holds more data.

I'm pretty sure it adds another layer on the surface of a disc (which is partially transparent), allowing the laser to read either it or penetrate through and read the original layer.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Ivol

3 hours into the game and the awesome it's just NON STOP!

meh!

Deviant_Mugen

I've been playing Other M for about an hour now, thankfully I got the cleaning kit last week in preparation for it, so it's working like a dream; it's fantastic. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to the game...

@Tech: Where are people getting the idea that you have all your upgrades available from the beginning? Now, granted, I'm only about three hours into the game, but so far the only thing Samus came armed with to the ship were her missiles and bombs, and you get granted authorization to use them about 10 minutes after she decides to wait for Adam's order. It's not too far into the game and I already found a suit upgrade, yes, one that Samus didn't have and was waiting for authorization to use. I checked out the suit inventory, too, and the only abilities there are the ones Samus boarded the ship with; no un-selectable Super Missiles or Power Bombs. Also, no exploration? I just found a morph ball tunnel that led to a large, unmarked part of the map, if that's not classic Metroid exploration, then I don't know what is. As I've said countless times, play the game for yourself before you let all the reviews pollute your mind...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

JGMR

Metroid_Fan wrote:

As I've said countless times, play the game for yourself before you let all the reviews pollute your mind...

!!!

10, AmakuraKyon :

One of the best games of the Wii. The CGs and cutescens are VERY EPIC. The BOSS fights, maps, very diverse, the enemy types are very interesting... and the Samus have a epic personality. Graphic is one of the best of the Wii, sound, gameplay are very nice. Dont trust in negative reviews.

9, Fluggy :

Cannot believe the extent of the negative reviews for this rather fine game.

With kind regards,

JGMR

Ivol

The whole OMG it has so many cutscenes and Metroid wasn't like that it's getting REALLY annoying...if i remember correctly Final Fantasy for the NES and SNES didn't have ANY cutscenes and when FF7 (a games that have a LOT of cutscenes) got released everybody heralded it as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ...

Edited on by Ivol

meh!

Punny

How do I put this lightly....

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!

I'm back (for the moment)!

JGMR

Ivol wrote:

The whole OMG it has so many cutscenes and Metroid wasn't like that it's getting REALLY annoying...if i remember correctly Final Fantasy for the NES and SNES didn't have ANY cutscenes and when FF7 (a games that have a LOT of cutscenes) got released everybody heralded it as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ...

True, i remember those days; Tekken 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII... I do like full motion videos, there are far too less games with them in 'em nowadays. It adds something that cannot be done in realtime, and it keeps the game varied in a way.

With kind regards,

JGMR

Twilight_Crow

Darn, I didn't know it was a dual layer, and went and buy it earlier, wish I had known before. My Wii simply can't read dual layer, even if I get it cleaned, it won't play for long, shouldn't have bought it .

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic