Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

irken004

881. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@sonic_brawler: Panda said it'd be up last Friday, but I guess something's keeping him occupied...

It'll probably be on NL once it's released tomorrow.

I'm picking up my copy and playing it before I head to class tomorrow :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

882. Posted:

@irken: I'm definitely going to be at the GameStop before it opens tomorrow...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

883. Posted:

Just hours away from release now. Can't wait! :D

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

884. Posted:

It definitely looks good but I'm getting worried about some of the things I've heard. Like only using her abilities when ordered or the auto aiming makes it to easy. The story elements sound promising though. Looking forward to that. Last but not least is how the close combat takes place. Is it going to be a series of on screen button presses or actual combo moves?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

885. Posted:

@Tech I'm a bit worried too, something deep down says "lame" but I won't know til I get it and it's Metroid so there's no way I'm passing on this.

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

JGMR

886. Posted:

I'll have to wait until the end of the week (September the 3rd, European release date)...

By that time i expect the topic to be filled with words about your glorious experiences!! :$

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

887. Posted:

SuperPeach wrote:

@Tech I'm a bit worried too, something deep down says "lame" but I won't know til I get it and it's Metroid so there's no way I'm passing on this.

I know what you mean by its metroid I've played them all and have not been disappointed yet!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

888. Posted:

The only thing that it sounds like they really screwed up is the fight with Ridley. Watch g4's explanation video to see what I mean. Other than that (and the over-all bad writing) it actually looks like a great time to me. The controls are made up of exactly the sort of unique, quirky things that I like. The gameplay looks faced paced and action packed. We get some backstory on Samus and we get to fill in some plot holes...I'm pumped.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

FunderThucker

889. Posted:

Well, I just got my copy in the mail. Can't wait to pop this baby in.

Edited on by FunderThucker

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

890. Posted:

Thegame wrote:

Well, I just got my copy in the mail. Can't wait to pop this baby in.

SO JEALOUS!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

891. Posted:

Did anyone happen to catch X-Play's review of the game? 2 out of 5...They're usually unnecessarily rough on games so I don't know what to think.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

892. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Did anyone happen to catch X-Play's review of the game? 2 out of 5...They're usually unnecessarily rough on games so I don't know what to think.

I wanted to smack Morgan Webb after the review.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

RowdyRodimus

893. Posted:

You know something? Maybe it's just me, but all of these "average-sub average" scores Othe M is getting are actually making me think I'll enjoy this even more. The simpole reason is this, the last three console Metroid games have been critical darlings. They've been in first person (which all the big sites love) and they've had multiplayer (again, another thing the gaming critics love), but personally I couldn't stand the Prime Trilogy. Retro took what was an awesome 2D action platformer/exploration series and turned it into Halo light (and please, don't give me that tired Fist Person Adventure crap, it was a First Person Shooter with fewer enemies).

They took away the things that turned it into My First First Person Shooter which pissed off the critics. It isn't the generic Power Armored Soldier vs. Alien Bugs game they want but instead became what Metroid should've been since the Gamecube at the very least. They don't like not getting their way. If it's in space it has to be a Halo clone. If it is a free roam game it has to be GTA. If it's a RTS it has to be Starcraft. Any deviation from this and points come off like weight off a person after gastric bypass (weird analogy, but my mom just had one done last week so it's fresh in my mind since she's already lost 12 pounds). Team Ninja and Nintendo went against the grain. They made a real Metroid game with a real story for fans of the series.

All of the things they took out that the critics love are all the things I hate in modern gaming. I hate FPS, I hate when games focus on MP and I hate when a game is made with a weak ass story just to include the previous things I mentioned. I played Metroid when it first came out, same with the GB games and Super Metroid and loved them all. I didn't recognize Prime. Sure it had some of the characters, but it didn't feel like Metroid. Maybe it's just the fact that I long for the past in my "old age", but it seems to me that this is Metroid, it's just that the critics don't care about welcoming it back since they had never met the real thing since they only knew of it from the Gallagher Too version of it called the Prime Trilogy.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

894. Posted:

Yes let's lump dozens of reviewers together (who obviously all think the exact same thoughts) because my opinion is different from theirs and think of some elaborated theory of why the Prime games got higher grades. Also, only Prime 2 had multiplayer and it was heavily scrutinized, but nice try. I personally can't stand FPS games and had to try getting into Prime three times before I finally "got" it. It would be wise for you to just admit it's not your cup of tea and leave it at that.

As for Other M, I highly suggest you read all of this (don't worry, it only starts with the negative stuff, and then gets to the good stuff - it ends on a pretty damn positive note)
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/29/metroid-other-m-playtest/

It does point out very well (from artstyle to level design to general refinement) why the Retro games - and indeed most of the other entries in the 2D series - got better grades.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

RowdyRodimus

895. Posted:

Yes, I did say "all the big sites", and all the big sites do love FPS (and by big sites, sorry I don't mean Weeaboanimeharem.com) and I said "critics" (which doesn't mean every sngle one of them) love multiplayer. The gist of what I was saying (it's called context, a nice thing to learn about) is how they are grading Other M against the Prime games when they are completely different types of game. I also started out what I wrote by saying (again, context) that the changes they made from the Prime games to Other M are the changes I wouldve made based on my dislike of the Prime series.

Yes, maybe I implied a theory when I should've said it was such, but since it is a forum where we give our opinions and not the Weekly Standard I felt that should've been understood. Here's another theory, I insulted a game that you love so it made you mad so you had to make a post defending the Prime games by playing the "You think your opinion is more important than all these guys" card and throwing in a snarky line at the end, right?

I still stand by what I said as my opinion on why Other M is getting the lowest scores in the franchises history, even the link you provided compared it to the Prime games, but nice try.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

AuthorMessage

HiroshiYamauchi

896. Posted:

I can't say that i'm disappointed with this game because i had very low expectations since the first time i saw it. And i was right, it isn't a bad game, but it exhales mediocrity.

HiroshiYamauchi

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

897. Posted:

Hopefully all of this nonsense about reviews and "controversy" will be over and done with in a few hours when people actually start to play this game and form their own opinions on it, not ones based on the opinions of reviewers...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

898. Posted:

HiroshiYamauchi wrote:

I can't say that i'm disappointed with this game because i had very low expectations since the first time i saw it. And i was right, it isn't a bad game, but it exhales mediocrity.

So, have you actually played the game or are you just jumping on the negative review bandwagon?

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

HiroshiYamauchi

899. Posted:

WolfRamHeart wrote:

HiroshiYamauchi wrote:

So, have you actually played the game or are you just jumping on the negative review bandwagon?

Yes, i did played the game.

Edited on by HiroshiYamauchi

HiroshiYamauchi

AuthorMessage

Machu

900. Posted:

This has been quite a good thread to keep up with, but now, I must leave you all to your blasting fun. I have to wait till Friday and I don't want spoilers or opinions to ruin the moment I insert Samus into my Wii.

Enjoy!!! ya gits!!!

Rawr!