Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,742

Aviator

By general public you are referring to us correct?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

theblackdragon

of course, Aviator -- non-reviewers, average joes, whatever you'd like to call normal people who won't be getting the game until at least tomorrow :3 I know i'd usually believe my friends before a review on the internet any day.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

Its quite sad really, It comes out on the 2nd, and I won't be able to play it at least until the 18th.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Faildude

Aviator wrote:

Its quite sad really, It comes out on the 2nd, and I won't be able to play it at least until the 18th.

And why is that sad?

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

irken004

Faildude wrote:

Aviator wrote:

And why is that sad?

Because he won't be able to play this good game until the 18th.

LordJumpMad

theblackdragon wrote:

to be honest, Kid_A, i don't understand the mentality of preordering when there's going to be an abundance of copies of a game out everywhere, unless you're that hung up on the bonuses. A niche game, sure, because chances are you'll walk into GameStop and they'll just stare at you like you're a moron for asking about (insert game here), but something as big as Other M you'll be able to get everywhere (and probably a bit cheaper at Wal-Mart to boot if you're not into ordering things from the internet). it's not like canceling a pre-order means you'll never be able to buy the game ever, lol; he could very well change his mind once it's out and the general public has had their say about things. :3

Yeah, Thanks Dragon! Couldn't say it better myself.
Its not like I'm calling it a bad game, it just I don't have the time and money to really want to get it.
I just got a little discourage to get it now, but I'll put it on hold to get it later, and plus the bonuse didn't Look so cool when i saw what it was.
Its really the only time I pre-order a game, is when it has some type of cool prize like The Coin in SMG1. "you know, more for your buck"
But since I'm not going to get it now, i don't see a point in wasting money.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

JebbyDeringer

I new it was going to be an 8.x game just from watching the video footage.

JebbyDeringer

Kid_A

@JumpMad
The reason I preordered it is because it does come with a cool prize--an art booklet. That's something that might not be enticing to everyone though so I see your reasoning.

In other news, I can not beat Ridley in Super Metroid. I think the problem is I only have 6 energy tanks (and two reserve tanks). I tried leaving to go find more, but the way back is blocked by this room that's completely filled with lava. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

RaiderZX

@Kid_A
You can get past that room, it just takes a lot of health... and I'm not sure if you could make it with six tanks.
There should be a hidden energy tank before the lava room, and I THINK there is a way to leave without going through that room.
(I haven't played in a while...)
In the room with the Big ridley face, there is a way to leave and an energy tank.

Monster Hunter Tri (NA)
Name: Nikalus
ID: EWJDSY
HR: 80+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon Black
FC: 0260-9799-1341

EarthViper

I agree there's no point in pre-ordering for the sake of ensuring a copy outside a few exceptions. However if you're going to get it day 1 anyways there's little reason not to, even if the gift doesn't interest you. After all, Amazon's bonus is almost always at least $10 credit and the gifts can almost always fetch a fair price on eBay a few months later.

If you wouldn't otherwise get it day 1 then yeah, I've seen very few pre-order bonuses worth bumping it up on my to-get list from an 'eventually' to a 'day 1'. Of course, with the backlog of things I've missed over the past few years and the knowledge that major Nintendo titles won't reach the bargain bin for a good while $20 credit from Amazon is one such bonus...I was already planning to get Metroid from day 1 anyways but a free classic controller pro on the side is pretty nice.

EarthViper

Angaran

I'm syiked for this game

Angaran

Kid_A

@RaiderZX
I finally beat Ridley. I went out and got some energy tanks...think I have about 12 now. Now onto Mother Brain!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

it's in the mail it's in the mail it's in the mail
i don't know how amazon does it, but release date delivery is pretty sweet.

Kid_A wrote:

@JumpMad
In other news, I can not beat Ridley in Super Metroid. Is there something I'm missing here?

skill. seriously though, you can get out of norfair by going through an invisible wall in the dark room with the statue of ridley's mouth at the bottom. it doesn't show up on the x-ray scanner, so it's the cheapest "secret" in the game.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Angaran

Once I beat Other M I'll download Super Metroid
Only 5 more days till my Birthday

Edited on by Angaran

Angaran

Odnetnin

Well I canceled my Amazon pre-order, and after an hour of GameStop stupidity I finally walked out with an art folio. I'll hopefully be picking it up tomorrow. I'm gonna trade-in Mario Kart Wii and Strikers Charged and get Other M for $10. Not a bad deal!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

OldBoy

Where the heck is NL's review of this.I'm so confused The story/cut scenes sound awful but the action sounds goods.Having read 1Ups review it really is stoopid how your upgrades are only to be used when granted permission.Makes no sense!! I think I'm just gonna rent it seeing as how its pretty linear and only 7 hours long.Shame Ah well,can we have a proper 2D metroid game now please?

What's this bit for again?

LordJumpMad

Kid_A wrote:

@JumpMad
The reason I preordered it is because it does come with a cool prize--an art booklet. That's something that might not be enticing to everyone though so I see your reasoning.

In other news, I can not beat Ridley in Super Metroid. I think the problem is I only have 6 energy tanks (and two reserve tanks). I tried leaving to go find more, but the way back is blocked by this room that's completely filled with lava. Is there something I'm missing here?

I use a walkthrough on Yuotube to get everything.

the Best way to beat Ridley, is alot of Super Missles. becuse he take a long time to beat with just Charge shots.
I had the Max of 50 Super Missle and Max energy tanks , so i was good to Fight him.

You may want to go back, see what you miss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6CW65BIZM&feature=related
this help me alot

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

madgear

I would NOT use a youtube guide. Most of them do things out of sequence and use glitches to obtain items. I spent the better part of an hour trying to reach an area that's almost impossible to jump to because a youtube guide said that's where I'm supposed to go next - it wasn't and the reason I couldn't jump was because I didn't have an item yet. The guy doing the guide decided to go for it later instead.

Anyway I beat Ridley for the first time today - I'd say it was the toughest fight in the game (much more so than Mother Brain) - you just have to learn his pattern, jump around to avoid his attacks and shoot up at him when he does that bouncing move. Took me about 3 attempts but I had collected quite a few energy tanks.

madgear

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic