Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

821. Posted:

TheSovietChairman wrote:

The G4 lady hit the nail on the head. They did to Samus what I was afraid the (in)famous Team Ninja would do. I **adore** the Ninja Gaiden franchise for the silly stories and ridiculous characters which act cheesy- or not at all. Samus didn't need to be "girly". She didn't need to be anything other than the silent rogue we've grown to love. Samus doesn't take orders. Samus doesn't have an internal monologue that craves acknowledgement from anyone.

I will enjoy the combat, but I will lament the destruction of a legend.

Seriously, @JebbyDerringer? You don't like Team Ninja? Me and my friends still get together to get knocked about by the classic NG Black. As everyone says, each to their own.

Sakamoto had more to do with the story than Team Ninja. At least that's the impression I've gotten from reading interviews with people from the development team. He was also the one who wouldn't budge when it came to giving players control options. I think at the very least the remote/nunchuk combo could've taken care of the problems some reviewers have had with the controls.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

erv

822. Posted:

Am I the only one who looks forward to the controls on this game? I play smash bros on the horizontal wiimote style, and it works like a dream. I can only imagine how much fun playing this game that way is.

The reason though, is not the "lack" of options, but the improvement of the options available. You can tell how much design choices get developed when that happens, so I can't wait to see how unique this gameplay is.

In the end, that is where the differences lie in every review. The gameplay is so much more unique, that there are some who can't relate to it and get themselves in the old school letdown mode, which makes them add bias on opinion. A proper reviewer would be able to embrace and explain change and then reflect upon it, instead of sharing their own opinion of it.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

823. Posted:

I'm interested in seeing how the controls work as well but I'm one of those people who feel if you can give a gamer multiple control options you might as well do so. Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays brilliantly with the remote/nunchuk but I know a few people who despite really loving the game say they'd love it even more if they could play with a classic or GC controller.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

824. Posted:

erv wrote:

Am I the only one who looks forward to the controls on this game? I play smash bros on the horizontal wiimote style, and it works like a dream. I can only imagine how much fun playing this game that way is.

The reason though, is not the "lack" of options, but the improvement of the options available. You can tell how much design choices get developed when that happens, so I can't wait to see how unique this gameplay is.

In the end, that is where the differences lie in every review. The gameplay is so much more unique, that there are some who can't relate to it and get themselves in the old school letdown mode, which makes them add bias on opinion. A proper reviewer would be able to embrace and explain change and then reflect upon it, instead of sharing their own opinion of it.

I'm very much looking forward to the controls as well. I love the idea of an "NES game with the latest technology" as Nintendo has been calling it--I'm glad Nintendo and Team Ninja have really stuck to their guns with the Wii-Remote only thing. Making good use out of limited buttons is a step forward for action games, as far as I'm concerned.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

romulux

825. Posted:

TheSovietChairman wrote:

Samus doesn't take orders.

yeah, she does. part of that whole "being in the military" thing. why does samus have to be so hardcore that none of the rules and conventions apply to her? the g4 reviewer apparently wouldn't have been happy unless samus came in and dominated her commanding officer and ordered him around, which would come off like a farce. "you're a loose cannon, samus! an out of control wild card that plays by her own rules! leave your space badge on my desk, you're off the space force."

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

826. Posted:

The g4 reviewer is either ignorant of (or choosing to ignore) the way things work in a military force, so can we drop this pointless argument?

Back on topic: Only one day and a few hours to go before Metroid: Other M hits shelves! GameStop better have a midnight release for it...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

irken004

827. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Only one day and a few hours to go before Metroid: Other M hits shelves!

http://www.videogamecountdown.com/Nintendo-Wii/Metroid-Other-M
1 Day and 8 hours.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

828. Posted:

Can't believe its almost here! I can't believe how mixed some of the reviews are. However, it seems that its still a solid experience, and for a Metroid fan, you still shouldn't pass it up. All I know is that, Tuesday night, I am turning off my cell, and lighting a few candles, and spending the night with Samus Aran. que sleazy music

EDIT: Also, my opinion on Morgan Webb (the G4 reviewer)...she is a moron. I remember when Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out, she hated it for being too cartoony. I told a friend of mine, "Hating SMG2 for being too cartoony is like hating the sky for being too blue, or hating a toddler for being too young...its just the way things are, deal with it." Adam Sessler is decent on X-Play, I wish he had reviewed it instead of Morgan.

Edited on by suburban_sensei

Currently Playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

romulux

829. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

The g4 reviewer is either ignorant of (or choosing to ignore) the way things work in a military force, so can we drop this pointless argument?

No.

continuing on to page 4 of the g4 complaints, i- yeah, just kidding, let's drop this stupid thing.

AuthorMessage

Axoloth

830. Posted:

@The Fox: You're right, I don't want Samus to have a love interest, but the way she talked about it, she sounds almost personally insulted for some reason. And she says it in such a way, she sounds like she really wants to start a fanboy war. She is trying to piss people off.
Either way, that video review was only 3 minutes long, certainly there are other more important aspects of the game to talk about than the fact that Samus has feelings?

I really don't want the next game to go in the same story-heavy direction, but I believe games like these every now and then are a necessary evil to drive the series' overall plot forward.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

831. Posted:

romulux wrote:

yeah, just kidding, let's drop this stupid thing.

that's the most reasonable thing i've heard anyone say in this thread in days. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

832. Posted:

" (insert review site here) is biased against Nintendo"

This is what Im talking about whining Nintendo fans. This is the new thing for some reason and it ridiculous. That is what I was talking about earlier.

@romulux.... I did read a few reviews finally and the whole "cant use her weapons but has them already to be a good person" or however you want to put it is plain dumb. I love Team Ninja and Ninja Gaiden and all its cheezy stories, but this seems like a Nintendo interference with the storyline. I seriously doubt this is the way Team Ninja thought it out, I think Nintendo had its hand in this one. Heck Miyamoto has already said he didnt like the whole Metroid: Other M idea, funny thing is, I really think Miyamoto is loosing his edge creating games, its either that or the people he has put under him.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

833. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

romulux wrote:

yeah, just kidding, let's drop this stupid thing.

that's the most reasonable thing i've heard anyone say in this thread in days. :3

About time...If I heard one more complaint about that...thing...I would've threw my compy out the window.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

834. Posted:

IGN Other M review here

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

835. Posted:

Of course Miyamoto doesnt like the idea of Other M. It disagrees almost completely with his methdo of making games. It differs to how Nintendo makes games. Why do you think Sakamoto had to go to Team Ninja to make the game? The idea sounded to alien to most Nintendo's devs. But that does not mean this game was a bad idea, if it was it would have been stopped completely.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

836. Posted:

GabeGreens wrote:

Of course Miyamoto doesnt like the idea of Other M. It disagrees almost completely with his methdo of making games. It differs to how Nintendo makes games. Why do you think Sakamoto had to go to Team Ninja to make the game? The idea sounded to alien to most Nintendo's devs. But that does not mean this game was a bad idea, if it was it would have been stopped completely.

Not to mention it has Miyamoto's worst nightmare. The main character, who is supposed to be mute, speaks and she totally doesn't sound anything like people imagined she would.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

romulux

837. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

" (insert review site here) is biased against Nintendo"

This is what Im talking about whining Nintendo fans. This is the new thing for some reason and it ridiculous.

the reason it's the 'new thing' to complain about is that there really are a lot of biased sites this generation. i don't know what's caused it, but studies prove that people are more loyal to game manufacturers than just about anything else these days:
Untitled
is it really that hard to believe?

slapshot82 wrote:

Heck Miyamoto has already said he didnt like the whole Metroid: Other M idea

i never heard that; do you remember where it's from?

AuthorMessage

Swiket

838. Posted:

G4 is biased against bounty hunters.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

839. Posted:

So the scores for this game seem to be hovering between 6 and 8, which is fine as far as I'm concerned, as I wouldn't give any other classic style Metroid a higher score than that. Seems about right. :)

I'll pick it up. I don't expect it to replace any of the individual Prime games as my favorite Metroid experience, though.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Tops

840. Posted:

After hearing about Samus having all her weapons yet not being alowed to use them I thought it might have been a cool addition to the story if she actually did use them and that led to more conflict between her and Adam. It would also support her being independant/more rebel-like. And I'm also excited to see the cut scenes. I like the idea of them being cinamatic.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat