Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,742

romulux

yeah, now that the haters have gotten the reviews out of their system it's actually turning out to be a pretty well reviewed game. gamerankings shows it climbing slowly: http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960554-metroid-other-m/index....
without game informer in there it'd be a really solid list of scores. so many jerks who have played the game before me...

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Aviator

Dragoon wrote:

I think that Other M is more like the Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Bros. 2, or Zelda 2 of the series: you either love it or hate it.

Mmm.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Gamer83

Anybody suggesting that Nintendo fans cry over negative reviews more than other fanboys has never posted at Gametrailers.com. The PS3 fanboys who post there are beyond stupid. Every time a review of PS3 exclusive comes out, if it doesn't score higher than the 9.6 or whatever GT gave Halo 3 there are dumb sigs made with the date of the review followed by 'the day GT lost all its credibility.' All fanboys are idiots, so don't act like it's just Nintendo fanboys. Secondly, the only review I've seen getting attacked is the absolutely pitiful G4 review by a feminist with an axe to grind. Nobody has attacked Gamesradar (70), Game Informer (6.25) or Gonintendo.com an obvious fanboy site which gave the game a 7.2.

The only attack has been on G4 and it's more than justified. This isn't the first time they've royally missed the boat. They gave Crisis Core FFVII a 2/5 while the vast majority of credible sources gave that game great reviews.

Gamer83

Aviator

I really don't see the big deal with G4. Sure, they bring up some topics which some don't like, but at the end of the day, the game experience depends on you. They do mention factors other than what it is criticized on, but at the end of the day, it you who is buying the game.

Also, just on the...

SPOILERS!!!

Part where Ridley is attacking Samus and she has that weird flashback to when she was a child. Do we all understand that she was child when here parents were murdered before our lustrous booty hunter? That's my only criticism.

END SPOILERS!! ==

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

TheSovietChairman

The G4 lady hit the nail on the head. They did to Samus what I was afraid the (in)famous Team Ninja would do. I **adore** the Ninja Gaiden franchise for the silly stories and ridiculous characters which act cheesy- or not at all. Samus didn't need to be "girly". She didn't need to be anything other than the silent rogue we've grown to love. Samus doesn't take orders. Samus doesn't have an internal monologue that craves acknowledgement from anyone.

I will enjoy the combat, but I will lament the destruction of a legend.

Seriously, @JebbyDerringer? You don't like Team Ninja? Me and my friends still get together to get knocked about by the classic NG Black. As everyone says, each to their own.

TheSovietChairman

Angaran

The moves samus pulls off are so awesome

Angaran

Kid_A

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Kid_A: Get to da choppah! Maridia...

Yeah that's where I'm at now but I seem to have hit a dead end. Curse my memory and lack of intuition

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Cia

NintyFan wrote:

Despite my username, I don't like fanboys. I'm a Nintendo fan, but NOT a fanboy. Fanboys of any kind are totally dumb and elitist. They only swear allegiance to their company and belittle everything else. I love Nintendo, but I don't think their God. I'm not intrested in many Sony and Microsoft games, but I don't hate them. The reason why I don't is because I haven't played them, and I can't criticize a game I haven't played. That's something ignorant fanboys do.

Anyway, about Other M's reviews, it's probably a game you love or hate. That G4 review is ridiculous and they are biased against Nintendo anyway. I wouldn't expect Game Informer to give it a glowing review since they tend to be the same way. It's really you that determines if the game is good or not, not the reviews. They're saying what they think about the game, not what you think. You might think differently.

Yeah, but no fanboy will ever admit that he's a fanboy. So basically we have thousands of fanboys who just can't admit that they are fanboys. These are sometimes the same people that diss other fanboys. If you ask me, a fan is the exact same thing as fanboy, and therefore i admit that i am a fanboy (first time in the history of humankind - i need applauds).
P.S. I have a lot of experience of PlayStation games, but I still think that Nintendo makes the best games. And now, i'm off to play Final Fantasy IX.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

The_Fox

Axoloth wrote:

Samus talks too much.
And her voice isn't near being sexy enough to be talking that much.

The+Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Fanboy tears are so, so delicious. Any time any Nintendo game doesn't get a near perfect score the starts.

well in this case I actually think most of the is justified. The G4 review seems to be blatently biased and over-reaching. I am personally loving the controversy of this game--the negative reviews have excited me just as much as the negative ones--but this G4 review is irritating. Especially because it's G4, a show known for their intense bias against nintendo

I'm not going to say it was a particularly great review, but I'm not sure I'd call bias. Point being, it wouldn't matter how well composed it was to the fanboys. They just see an attack on their beloved Nintendo.

You've seen G4's video review, right? If not let me summarise it for you:
"OMG, Samus is taking orders from a male! Also she has FEELINGS for the same MAN! F*cking sexist Nintendo! >:["
Sure, you could say that woman is not biased, but if she's not saying those stuff because she's biased and wants to be mean, then the only other reasonable explanation that doesn't involve aliens and sex orgies, is that she's STUPID.

There is a legitimate point to her complaints of sh*tting all over Samus. Who wants her to have a love interest? Especially one done in such an embarrassing, ham-fisted way.

In other words, basically what The Sovietchairman said.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LordJumpMad

irken004 wrote:

REMEBUH ME?
Untitled

Samus:No
Black Guy: Get Back in the Kitchen!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Gamer83

TheSovietChairman wrote:

The G4 lady hit the nail on the head. They did to Samus what I was afraid the (in)famous Team Ninja would do. I **adore** the Ninja Gaiden franchise for the silly stories and ridiculous characters which act cheesy- or not at all. Samus didn't need to be "girly". She didn't need to be anything other than the silent rogue we've grown to love. Samus doesn't take orders. Samus doesn't have an internal monologue that craves acknowledgement from anyone.

I will enjoy the combat, but I will lament the destruction of a legend.

Seriously, @JebbyDerringer? You don't like Team Ninja? Me and my friends still get together to get knocked about by the classic NG Black. As everyone says, each to their own.

Sakamoto had more to do with the story than Team Ninja. At least that's the impression I've gotten from reading interviews with people from the development team. He was also the one who wouldn't budge when it came to giving players control options. I think at the very least the remote/nunchuk combo could've taken care of the problems some reviewers have had with the controls.

Gamer83

erv

Am I the only one who looks forward to the controls on this game? I play smash bros on the horizontal wiimote style, and it works like a dream. I can only imagine how much fun playing this game that way is.

The reason though, is not the "lack" of options, but the improvement of the options available. You can tell how much design choices get developed when that happens, so I can't wait to see how unique this gameplay is.

In the end, that is where the differences lie in every review. The gameplay is so much more unique, that there are some who can't relate to it and get themselves in the old school letdown mode, which makes them add bias on opinion. A proper reviewer would be able to embrace and explain change and then reflect upon it, instead of sharing their own opinion of it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Gamer83

I'm interested in seeing how the controls work as well but I'm one of those people who feel if you can give a gamer multiple control options you might as well do so. Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays brilliantly with the remote/nunchuk but I know a few people who despite really loving the game say they'd love it even more if they could play with a classic or GC controller.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Kid_A

erv wrote:

Am I the only one who looks forward to the controls on this game? I play smash bros on the horizontal wiimote style, and it works like a dream. I can only imagine how much fun playing this game that way is.

The reason though, is not the "lack" of options, but the improvement of the options available. You can tell how much design choices get developed when that happens, so I can't wait to see how unique this gameplay is.

In the end, that is where the differences lie in every review. The gameplay is so much more unique, that there are some who can't relate to it and get themselves in the old school letdown mode, which makes them add bias on opinion. A proper reviewer would be able to embrace and explain change and then reflect upon it, instead of sharing their own opinion of it.

I'm very much looking forward to the controls as well. I love the idea of an "NES game with the latest technology" as Nintendo has been calling it--I'm glad Nintendo and Team Ninja have really stuck to their guns with the Wii-Remote only thing. Making good use out of limited buttons is a step forward for action games, as far as I'm concerned.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

TheSovietChairman wrote:

Samus doesn't take orders.

yeah, she does. part of that whole "being in the military" thing. why does samus have to be so hardcore that none of the rules and conventions apply to her? the g4 reviewer apparently wouldn't have been happy unless samus came in and dominated her commanding officer and ordered him around, which would come off like a farce. "you're a loose cannon, samus! an out of control wild card that plays by her own rules! leave your space badge on my desk, you're off the space force."

Deviant_Mugen

The g4 reviewer is either ignorant of (or choosing to ignore) the way things work in a military force, so can we drop this pointless argument?

Back on topic: Only one day and a few hours to go before Metroid: Other M hits shelves! GameStop better have a midnight release for it...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

suburban_sensei

Can't believe its almost here! I can't believe how mixed some of the reviews are. However, it seems that its still a solid experience, and for a Metroid fan, you still shouldn't pass it up. All I know is that, Tuesday night, I am turning off my cell, and lighting a few candles, and spending the night with Samus Aran. que sleazy music

EDIT: Also, my opinion on Morgan Webb (the G4 reviewer)...she is a moron. I remember when Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out, she hated it for being too cartoony. I told a friend of mine, "Hating SMG2 for being too cartoony is like hating the sky for being too blue, or hating a toddler for being too young...its just the way things are, deal with it." Adam Sessler is decent on X-Play, I wish he had reviewed it instead of Morgan.

Edited on by suburban_sensei

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

romulux

Metroid_Fan wrote:

The g4 reviewer is either ignorant of (or choosing to ignore) the way things work in a military force, so can we drop this pointless argument?

No.

continuing on to page 4 of the g4 complaints, i- yeah, just kidding, let's drop this stupid thing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic