Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Blink

781. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Other M is the Fallout 3 of the Metroid series.

Nnnnnnnnnoo...I don't think so. Fallout 3 was a radical departure from the mechanics of the previous two games. If anything, Other M is going back to its roots, rather than leaving them behind. Granted, Fallout 3 wasn't a completely different game, but for the most part it was brand new. Other M is more like a combination of previous games of the Metroid series. But, I'll have to play it before I'm completely behind or against this statement.

Also, sweet avatar.

Edited on by Blink

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

782. Posted:

@Blink: I think he meant due to the fact that Fallout 3 also received plenty of mixed reactions (most of the ones up in arms being the purists) when it first released...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Blink

783. Posted:

Really? Hmm, I was thinking actual gameplay and mechanics. If that's what he meant though, I'm still not convinced. Looking at review scores for Fallout 3, I'm not seeing nearly as much controversy as Other M, at least from the professional reviewers. From the "user reviews" on Metacritic though, there're plenty of zeroes and ones, but that always happens on Metacritic. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see any connection between the two games. :(

And I can see the Fallout "purists" up in arms, but I have yet to see a Metroid lover bashing how Other M "ruined" the series...

Edited on by Blink

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

784. Posted:

Blink wrote:

And I can see the Fallout "purists" up in arms, but I have yet to see a Metroid lover bashing how Other M "ruined" the series...

that's because it hasn't actually hit shelves yet. Give it time :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Blink

785. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Blink wrote:

that's because it hasn't actually hit shelves yet. Give it time :3

Welllllll, okay. If anything, I think Prime is much more of a Fallout 3 than anything. :)

AuthorMessage

Hokori

786. Posted:

@SeniorDingDong 10hrs Short thats long for Metroid, well not Prime, but the Traditional Metroids are only an hr or two long.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

JGMR

787. Posted:

The game is already leaked/pirated...:s

Fake 'gamers'!

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

FunderThucker

788. Posted:

90's Gamer wrote:

Fake 'gamers'!

Before launch? Wow...

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

AuthorMessage

Punny

789. Posted:

90's Gamer wrote:

Fake 'gamers'!

Why do people insist on pirating games? Are they too cool to use money? It's supposed to be illegal, yet it continues to go on! Don't let the rant continue here, though, for this is a thread about Metroid: Other M, not pirates. The only pirates that should be spoken about here should be Space Pirates. :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

JGMR

790. Posted:

Yes, before the launch ;) I grant these people as pure sensationalists, not as passionate gamers (like we are here) @ all.

PunnyGuy wrote:

The only pirates that should be spoken about here should be Space Pirates. :)

They look kinda weird in one of the released the trailers :p

Untitled

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

791. Posted:

Samus! Get back in the Kitchen!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Machu

792. Posted:

Still excited. xD Still worried. Dx

Sooooon I shall know the truth!1!!

rip prime :[

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Angaran

793. Posted:

ditto

Angaran

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

794. Posted:

Oh no I need help right now.
I've pre-ordered the game from Amazon, free shipping to my house and $20 video game credit that will expire in a month or so.
But is it too late to cancel and pre-order from Walmart, no-expiration $20 e-gift card and supposedly an Other M poster?
And what about GameStop, with the art folio, extra 25% trade-in credit and discounted Wii Remotes ($35 w/ WM+)?
Please help! :)

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

795. Posted:

@Odnetnin Its all about opinion I suppose. The art folio can only be gotten through the gamestop preorder, and thats what I personally consider to be worth the most (preordered today :) ), but then if you think that the folio isnt worth 20$, than by all means go with amazon. The poster seems the least appealing to me, but thats partly because I got a poster already from nintendo power.

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

romulux

796. Posted:

amazon's credit expires within a month or two but it's still good for preorders no matter how far off the release date is, so if you've got another game in mind (which i'm sure you do) you can preoder it now and still apply the $20 credit, even if it's set to expire long before the release date.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

797. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Corbie said this isn't anything like the Prime games, so it's a definite buy for me :D

Me and you both man!

Im sorry but I love it when Nintendo games bet something negative said by a reviewer just because Nintendo fans can whine and cry like none other... sorry guys buts it the dang truth. Buy/Rent the game, who cares about the reviews? If you like the game when you done playing it... does it really matter? All this "They dont like Nintendo" or is it really the fact Nintendo keep remaking game after game after game with the same character for what 20+ yrs and maybe the reviewers are getting a little tired of the genres? I dont know, but If you down with the game, its for you!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

798. Posted:

Speaking of reviews, when is the NL review coming?

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

799. Posted:

@Gabe: That's what I'm wondering, it should've been up on Friday, but thanks to NL not working it's still not up...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

800. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Fanboy tears are so, so delicious. Any time any Nintendo game doesn't get a near perfect score the starts.

well in this case I actually think most of the is justified. The G4 review seems to be blatently biased and over-reaching. I am personally loving the controversy of this game--the negative reviews have excited me just as much as the negative ones--but this G4 review is irritating. Especially because it's G4, a show known for their intense bias against nintendo

I'm not going to say it was a particularly great review, but I'm not sure I'd call bias. Point being, it wouldn't matter how well composed it was to the fanboys. They just see an attack on their beloved Nintendo.

Again, you're generalizing.

Am I? You realize which group I'm talking about here, right? Have you seen some of the comments appearing on the sites around the web?

I definitely see what you're saying. I just felt like you were saying that any time any Nintendo game get's a bad review every fanboy starts whining. I was saying, that's not true. Because there's a good deal of Metroid fans here who are really intrigued by the negative reviews.

Back on topic, though, I'm trying to beat Super Metroid by Tuesday when Other M releases. Got to the Wrecked Ship today so I just picked up the Gravity Suit...and now I totally forget what to do next :p

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf