Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,741

FunderThucker

90's Gamer wrote:

The game is already leaked/pirated...:s

Fake 'gamers'!

Before launch? Wow...

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

Punny

90's Gamer wrote:

The game is already leaked/pirated...:s

Fake 'gamers'!

Why do people insist on pirating games? Are they too cool to use money? It's supposed to be illegal, yet it continues to go on! Don't let the rant continue here, though, for this is a thread about Metroid: Other M, not pirates. The only pirates that should be spoken about here should be Space Pirates.

I'm back (for the moment)!

JGMR

Yes, before the launch I grant these people as pure sensationalists, not as passionate gamers (like we are here) @ all.

PunnyGuy wrote:

The only pirates that should be spoken about here should be Space Pirates.

They look kinda weird in one of the released the trailers

Untitled

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

LordJumpMad

Samus! Get back in the Kitchen!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Machu

Still excited. xD Still worried. Dx

Sooooon I shall know the truth!1!!

rip prime :[

Rawr!

Odnetnin

Oh no I need help right now.
I've pre-ordered the game from Amazon, free shipping to my house and $20 video game credit that will expire in a month or so.
But is it too late to cancel and pre-order from Walmart, no-expiration $20 e-gift card and supposedly an Other M poster?
And what about GameStop, with the art folio, extra 25% trade-in credit and discounted Wii Remotes ($35 w/ WM+)?
Please help!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Supermegaman

@Odnetnin Its all about opinion I suppose. The art folio can only be gotten through the gamestop preorder, and thats what I personally consider to be worth the most (preordered today ), but then if you think that the folio isnt worth 20$, than by all means go with amazon. The poster seems the least appealing to me, but thats partly because I got a poster already from nintendo power.

romulux

amazon's credit expires within a month or two but it's still good for preorders no matter how far off the release date is, so if you've got another game in mind (which i'm sure you do) you can preoder it now and still apply the $20 credit, even if it's set to expire long before the release date.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Slapshot

irken004 wrote:

Corbie said this isn't anything like the Prime games, so it's a definite buy for me

Me and you both man!

Im sorry but I love it when Nintendo games bet something negative said by a reviewer just because Nintendo fans can whine and cry like none other... sorry guys buts it the dang truth. Buy/Rent the game, who cares about the reviews? If you like the game when you done playing it... does it really matter? All this "They dont like Nintendo" or is it really the fact Nintendo keep remaking game after game after game with the same character for what 20+ yrs and maybe the reviewers are getting a little tired of the genres? I dont know, but If you down with the game, its for you!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

ASDFGHJKL

Speaking of reviews, when is the NL review coming?

ASDFGHJKL

Deviant_Mugen

@Gabe: That's what I'm wondering, it should've been up on Friday, but thanks to NL not working it's still not up...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Kid_A

The Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Fanboy tears are so, so delicious. Any time any Nintendo game doesn't get a near perfect score the starts.

well in this case I actually think most of the is justified. The G4 review seems to be blatently biased and over-reaching. I am personally loving the controversy of this game--the negative reviews have excited me just as much as the negative ones--but this G4 review is irritating. Especially because it's G4, a show known for their intense bias against nintendo

I'm not going to say it was a particularly great review, but I'm not sure I'd call bias. Point being, it wouldn't matter how well composed it was to the fanboys. They just see an attack on their beloved Nintendo.

Again, you're generalizing.

Am I? You realize which group I'm talking about here, right? Have you seen some of the comments appearing on the sites around the web?

I definitely see what you're saying. I just felt like you were saying that any time any Nintendo game get's a bad review every fanboy starts whining. I was saying, that's not true. Because there's a good deal of Metroid fans here who are really intrigued by the negative reviews.

Back on topic, though, I'm trying to beat Super Metroid by Tuesday when Other M releases. Got to the Wrecked Ship today so I just picked up the Gravity Suit...and now I totally forget what to do next

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Deviant_Mugen

@Kid_A: Get to da choppah! Maridia...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

slapshot82 wrote:

Im sorry but I love it when Nintendo games get something negative said by a reviewer just because Nintendo fans can whine and cry like none other... sorry guys buts it the dang truth.

no one's complaining much about any reviews except the one from g4, which really is sh*t. it goes beyond just fanboying over a low score. (whining and crying in 3, 2, 1...)

deducting points because samus happens to be taking orders from a man is just stupid; he's their commanding officer. the male team members follow his lead just the same as samus... they're his soldiers, that's how the military works. samus places herself under his control voluntarily to prove a point about respect for command, not because he (as a man) holds dominion over her. ms. heppe obviously went off the deep end and got hypercritical for reasons i don't understand.

i tried watching her explanation video and it just made things worse. she talks about samus not sounding like a strong leader, as if a loner who spends all her time away from other humans is supposed to. then she attributes samus' weak delivery to sexism even though she flat out says that she understands it's really due to her detached nature.

every step of the way she understands that samus' difficulty interacting with others is due to her being so alien to the human race itself, not simply because she's 'weak-willed as a woman', so why does she still insist otherwise? it seems like she wasn't happy with samus' character being anything but a one dimensional bada** and churned out a review of nothing but sour grapes because of it.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Cia

slapshot82 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Corbie said this isn't anything like the Prime games, so it's a definite buy for me

Me and you both man!

Im sorry but I love it when Nintendo games bet something negative said by a reviewer just because Nintendo fans can whine and cry like none other... sorry guys buts it the dang truth. Buy/Rent the game, who cares about the reviews? If you like the game when you done playing it... does it really matter? All this "They dont like Nintendo" or is it really the fact Nintendo keep remaking game after game after game with the same character for what 20+ yrs and maybe the reviewers are getting a little tired of the genres? I dont know, but If you down with the game, its for you!

Nintendo makes the games with same characters because of tradition, and tradition is one of companys key elements. I see nothing wrong with it, especially when those characters usually adventure in quality titles. New Zelda, Mario or Metroid title always brings the kind of nostalgic feeling, what other companies games have a hard time to match. What comes to Nntendo fans, i gotta say that youre wrong: I see just as much whining in PS360 forums, if not more. Whining is part of being a fan of something, if something you've had a high expectations turns to be a pancake. And remember, this is a FAN site, so what'd you expect?

Cia

Cia

romulux wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Im sorry but I love it when Nintendo games get something negative said by a reviewer just because Nintendo fans can whine and cry like none other... sorry guys buts it the dang truth.

no one's complaining much about any reviews except the one from g4, which really is sh*t. it goes beyond just fanboying over a low score. (whining and crying in 3, 2, 1...)

deducting points because samus happens to be taking orders from a man is just stupid; he's their commanding officer. the male team members follow his lead just the same as samus... they're his soldiers, that's how the military works. samus places herself under his control voluntarily to prove a point about respect for command, not because he (as a man) holds dominion over her. ms. heppe obviously went off the deep end and got hypercritical for reasons i don't understand.

i tried watching her explanation video and it just made things worse. she talks about samus not sounding like a strong leader, as if a loner who spends all her time away from other humans is supposed to. then she attributes samus' weak delivery to sexism even though she flat out says that she understands it's really due to her detached nature.

every step of the way she understands that samus' difficulty interacting with others is due to her being so alien to the human race itself, not simply because she's weak-willed as a woman, so why does she stlil insist otherwise? it seems like she wasn't happy with samus' character being anything but a one dimensional bad and churned out a review of nothing but sour grapes because of it.

That description of Samus is actually pretty much how i always imagined her, so for me it's propably a big +.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Cia

Axoloth

Samus talks too much.
And her voice isn't near being sexy enough to be talking that much.

The+Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Fanboy tears are so, so delicious. Any time any Nintendo game doesn't get a near perfect score the starts.

well in this case I actually think most of the is justified. The G4 review seems to be blatently biased and over-reaching. I am personally loving the controversy of this game--the negative reviews have excited me just as much as the negative ones--but this G4 review is irritating. Especially because it's G4, a show known for their intense bias against nintendo

I'm not going to say it was a particularly great review, but I'm not sure I'd call bias. Point being, it wouldn't matter how well composed it was to the fanboys. They just see an attack on their beloved Nintendo.

You've seen G4's video review, right? If not let me summarise it for you:
"OMG, Samus is taking orders from a male! Also she has FEELINGS for the same MAN! F*cking sexist Nintendo! >:["
Sure, you could say that woman is not biased, but if she's not saying those stuff because she's biased and wants to be mean, then the only other reasonable explanation that doesn't involve aliens and sex orgies, is that she's STUPID.
There are other reviews that gave the game a bad score, but they aren't bad REVIEWS.

And I really don't think Nintendo fanboys are any worse than other fanboys. The internet is filled with fools of all kinds.

Edited on by Axoloth

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

TheBaconator

Swiket wrote:

Other M is the Fallout 3 of the Metroid series.

I'd say it is more like the Star Fox Command of the Metroid series. Bringing the series back to its roots but changing the gameplay to work well the hardware its on.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

LEGEND_MARIOID

Early reviews are giving Metroid: Other M 8s and 9s out of 10. The most noteable review came from the latest N-Gamer magazine which gave it an 87%. Games rated over 85% in N-Gamer are gold award standard and highly recommended.

It appears not to be quite as good as Metroid Prime 1 and 3 but still a very, very good game.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic