Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

761. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

GabeGreens wrote:

So the verdict after reading several reviews: This is a great game, but the weird design choices might go well with you or not. So the game itself is not love it or hate, but many of the elements in the game are. But it still looks like a very fun game, just be prepared to face off against some unusual game design choices. Some pople hated first person, some people loved it. Some people loved the graphics, some listed it as the only bad thing about the game. Some people hate the cutscenes, some people loved them.

A great summary of the reviews so far. This is probably the most excited I've been for a Metroid game since...wow, maybe ever. I'm really loving the controversy.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

762. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Fanboy tears are so, so delicious. Any time any Nintendo game doesn't get a near perfect score the starts.

well in this case I actually think most of the is justified. The G4 review seems to be blatently biased and over-reaching. I am personally loving the controversy of this game--the negative reviews have excited me just as much as the negative ones--but this G4 review is irritating. Especially because it's G4, a show known for their intense bias against nintendo

I'm not going to say it was a particularly great review, but I'm not sure I'd call bias. Point being, it wouldn't matter how well composed it was to the fanboys. They just see an attack on their beloved Nintendo.

Again, you're generalizing.

Am I? You realize which group I'm talking about here, right? Have you seen some of the comments appearing on the sites around the web?

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

763. Posted:

That G4 review was so bias. They spend half the time judging on Samus' character and why she's so obsessed in Adam.

I also stopped listening to G4 reviews after they said Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion were awful games.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

764. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I also stopped listening to G4 reviews after they said Super Mario Sunshine is an awful game.

They did? I think they just became my favorite reviewers, then.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Blink

765. Posted:

My word, stop with the flame war here. The site is called NintendoLife. My guess is there're going to be people who like Nintendo games here. So please, stop with the flaming. Go somewhere else, there's plenty of internet to go around.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

766. Posted:

Flame war? Nah. Nobody has had their intelligence, sexuality, or promiscuity of their mother called into question.

Dissenting opinions? Sure. Makes for good times.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Blink

767. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

Flame war? Nah. Nobody has had their intelligence, sexuality, or promiscuity of their mother called into question.

Dissenting opinions? Sure. Makes for good times.

All right, I can see where you're coming from. And (attention internet, I am admitting a mistake) I was wrong to jump out and call flaming. But could you please just lay off of the Nintendo hate a bit? Just a little, I mean, you belong to a site called NintendoLife. Thanks.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

768. Posted:

Chill, Blink -- this isn't a flame war so much as it's been a discussion, and it's gotten a bit heated at times, but nothing too serious (yet). I've had my eye on it for a while now, don't worry. :3

Also, yes, this is Nintendo Life, but we can discuss things other than Nintendo here, and not everyone who likes Nintendo is going to like everything Nintendo comes up with. This is of those times. Again, it's cool, and I'm already on it, so relax, please. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Blink

769. Posted:

All right, all right, going to take a cold shower now. :)

Sorry, I overreacted, I guess I have a little Nintendo "fanboy" in me. But can we at least refrain from using the "f"-word? (fanboy) That's generalization, and really does not add to the discussion...

Oh, and sorry for not having an open mind Fox, just, I dunno, I was confused. :P

Edited on by Blink

AuthorMessage

Angaran

770. Posted:

HOW DID WE EVEN START TALKING ABOUT THIS

Angaran

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

771. Posted:

@Blink
No harm done. :)

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

JGMR

772. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

so relax

...just like the days before Super Metroid got released... :p

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Blink

773. Posted:

Personally, I'm more excited about finally getting my Metroid Prime Trilogy than this, I guess I never really got into the hype it generated. I mean, I was excited about there being a new Metroid game, but that's pretty much it. Still want to try it out eventually, but it can wait.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

774. Posted:

lol guys, let's get this thread back on track and discuss some Metroids now plz :3

oh, wait, you're already discussing them, hooray. carry on~

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Angaran

775. Posted:

I hope the cutsenes can be paused but you can't skip them so idk if you can pause them?

Angaran

AuthorMessage

Blink

776. Posted:

Angaran wrote:

I hope the cutsenes can be paused but you can't skip them so idk if you can pause them?

I doubt there will be a pause feature, but I'm pretty sure you can skip the cutscenes after the first playthrough.

Oh, and totally off-topic, but lucky post! XD

Edited on by Blink

AuthorMessage

SeniorDingDong

777. Posted:

I cancled my preorder today and I am going to lend this game some day. Around ten hours (what I have heard) are just too short, even more compared to the Prime games.

SeniorDingDong

AuthorMessage

romulux

778. Posted:

i doubt you can do anything but watch the first time around. maybe in the theatre mode they'll let you control the videos.

some more scores if you want- gamestm 9, ngamer 87%.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

779. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

GabeGreens wrote:

So the verdict after reading several reviews: This is a great game, but the weird design choices might go well with you or not. So the game itself is not love it or hate, but many of the elements in the game are. But it still looks like a very fun game, just be prepared to face off against some unusual game design choices. Some pople hated first person, some people loved it. Some people loved the graphics, some listed it as the only bad thing about the game. Some people hate the cutscenes, some people loved them.

A great summary of the reviews so far. This is probably the most excited I've been for a Metroid game since...wow, maybe ever. I'm really loving the controversy.

Yay! People agree with me! I can now sleep at night and not screw around with NL's serv...Err...I mean bake delicious cookies. Yes cookies that are delicious and dont bring down servers. :P

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

Swiket

780. Posted:

Other M is the Fallout 3 of the Metroid series.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323