Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

FunderThucker

681. Posted:

I'm trying to decide where I should preorder it.
Should I get the cards or $20? What did you guys do?

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

682. Posted:

@Thegame: I pre-ordered from GameStop as soon as I had the money; I wasn't about to pass on those art cards...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

erv

683. Posted:

briunj04 wrote:

6 hours of playtime is enough to write a review for a game. take Okami for example. it has a long storyline (roughly 30 hours if you include sidequests and such) however, after the first 6 hours, you have a sense of what the game is about, a taste of the story, youve experienced the gameplay, and know what the music and sound are like. the extra 24 hours is simply more of the same. therfore 6 hours is plenty of time to write a review for a game.

No way. Especially okami, where parts of the appeal are in its size and length, and growing characters - and don't forget how issun's babbling only makes for a fun part halfway through the game - you can't verdict on quality 6 hours in. The same goes for many, many games. You can, however, tell if you'd like it, which is exactly the problem: most reviewers tend to tell everyone how they liked it, without trying to step out, change perspective and talk about quality in general. Mix that with a description of the way it plays and what you think are the good or bad, fun or worse parts about that, and we can all decide whether or not we'd like the game.

Which is exactly my point: you tell whether or not you'll like red steel 2 a handful of hours in, but you can't verdict on the quality. Many people tend to mix these things up though, causing the regular online review to be a badly written example of how someone's opinion causes bad scores.

Warrior of Dearth!

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

AuthorMessage

Faron

684. Posted:

I think that Metroid fans are actually the ones giving the lower scores to this game, since "it's not like Prime", "there are too many cut scenes" and "why is Samus not like I have always imagined, and why does she have to speak." I'm sorry but Sakamoto has the right to decide what kind of personality Samus is, not fans. Nevertheless, my expectations towards this game have lowered a bit, so i'm pretty confident that i will not be dissapointed.

Faron

AuthorMessage

JGMR

685. Posted:

You do know that it was the VIDEOgame crash. PC gaming was unaffected by the crash. Games were still being made throughout that time. And EA was innovating way before inferior japan even took a step in the industry.

Muwhahahahaha!

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

686. Posted:

Faron wrote:

I think that Metroid fans are actually the ones giving the lower scores to this game, since "it's not like Prime", "there are too many cut scenes" and "why is Samus not like I have always imagined, and why does she have to speak." I'm sorry but Sakamoto has the right to decide what kind of personality Samus is, not fans. Nevertheless, my expectations towards this game have lowered a bit, so i'm pretty confident that i will not be dissapointed.

I don't see why Metroid Fan don't like it.
It looks like it going to have a Mixs of Super Metroid and Prime. (some may call it a Metroid 4)
And everyone love Super Metroid, but the Prime games, are not the Best FPS I played, it felt a bit Slow and Boring to me but it has it moments.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

687. Posted:

Thegame wrote:

Honestly, I think the $20 is better. I originally had M: OM pre-ordered on Amazon, and was going to use the $20 credit on a DS game. However, since my money was tight this week and I wasn't sure if Amazon would ship and charge me for the game before I could put money in my account this weekend, I canceled the order and went to Gamestop last night. I traded in games, and got it for like $6, and I parted with games I never even played anymore, so all in all, not a bad deal.

Currently Playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code: 0962-9815-9838

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

688. Posted:

So, if the reviewer were giving this game a 10/10 after playing for 6 hours you would be quite happy with the review because of course 6 hours is more than enough to realize this is the perfect game, as the case is just the opposite you get frustrated and the review and reviewer are both crap and obsolete because he should first finish the game and them give an score and final opinion. Not that I care pretty much about Sakamoto and his new interpretation of Metroid, but what I've seen in the videos so far is well behind Prime series. IMO anyone deciding between this and Prime Trilogy should go without any doubt for the Trilogy.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

JGMR

689. Posted:

I'm getting sick of all the talk about reviews and impressions that last minutes instead of hours and hours. I'm gone here for a while, that is to say; away from the internet. Rubbish it is.

Spoiled gamers nowadays.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

690. Posted:

@Mandoble: for someone who apparently doesn't care about "Sakamoto and his new interpretation of Metroid," you've certainly showed up to weigh in on these Other M articles/topics quite a bit, lol

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Arigner

691. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

(some may call it a Metroid 4)

Chronogically, Metroid Other M is Metroid 4 BUT Metroid Fusion is Metroid 4, just open the game to see : Metroid 4., Metroid Fusion is, in time events, Metroid 5.

(Did I just say like seven times the Word Metroid in two sentences? .... I CANNOT WAIT)

Edited on by Arigner

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

692. Posted:

Here are a few reviews
http://gameinformer.com/games/metroid_other_m/b/wii/archive/2...

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=134390

http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1111849p1.html

Game Informer was pretty harsh...And from the sounds of the GoNintendo Review it seems the game's issues keep coming up more often later in the game. Maybe it was a good thing that other guy only played 6 hours because he probably would've graded it even worse.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

693. Posted:

Here are two more reviews for the game:

One is positive: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/27/metroid-other-m-review/

While the other is mostly negative: http://www.destructoid.com/review-metroid-other-m-182449.phtml

I already have my pre-order copy of the game paid off so I will definitely be getting it.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

694. Posted:

Thegame wrote:

Would you pay $20 for the art cards? If you would pay that, then get it at Gamestop. If you wouldn't be willing to pay $20 for the art cards, buy from Amazon. For me the art cards aren't worth $20. I might be willing to give up $5 for them, and I probably won't make any attempt to actually track them down on ebay or anything.

Don't have any money now though anyway (and 2.5 Metroid Prime games to get through still). I'll probably just hold off since Amazon will sell first party games at $40 after a while.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

695. Posted:

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidotherm/review.html?o...
Dunno if this ones been posted.Sounds good. Never liked the cut scenes and the fact that you can't skip them is sucky,but the bit I was Intrested in, i.e the action, sounds fun so I'm probably gonna pick this up now. No jingle for the upgades though!! WTF?

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

romulux

696. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

So, if the reviewer were giving this game a 10/10 after playing for 6 hours you would be quite happy with the review

bad reviews are bad reviews no matter what score they give. i complained about famitsu's review for that reason too, and it was the highest rated one.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Hokori

697. Posted:

Is the game short like Fusion? If so im still getting it, but I saw bad reviews from reviewers I dont like, Famitsu gave it a 35/40 which is good, NP gave it an 8/10.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

romulux

698. Posted:

since the game had already been spoiled for me i just sat down and read a ton of reviews, and it's pretty much what i was hoping for. yes, there are a lot of negative opinions, but there were also a lot of 9's showing up as well. ign would have given it a pretty great rating if the 'lasting appeal' segment hadn't driven to score down to 8.5, and they beat the game twice (you can skip the cutscenes the second time around).

giant bomb, joystiq and wired also gave it great reviews while game informer and g4 hated it. so far the range is 4 to 9 on this one, meaning you have to make up your own damn mind because the reviewers certainly can't.

there does seem to be some agreement that-
*no one can work the first person mode, but the rest of the controls are great
*the graphics are the wii's best
*the cutscenes are silly but still tell the story well
*having to be authorized to use your varia suit is retarded

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

699. Posted:

That G4 review was definitly beating up the game pretty hard, but it was amusing to read and watch as a review. Probably one of X-Play's most entertaining reviews in a long while. (Unless your a Metroid fan, in which case you'll probably go with the old "They don't know what their talking about," "It is a biased piece of..." Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. You play the game for yourself before you cry about a score that was "unfair" alright and if you like it that is awesome, but there is always going to be some one that hates it. So don't go hating them for disliking it. If they didn't like it they didn't like it alright. No biggy.)

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Mizore

700. Posted:

Ugh...wish this game was out already so I could play it this weekend....

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".