Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 641 to 660 of 1,750

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RememberMe

641. Posted:

romulux wrote:

i think gamerankings.com is a good bet. usually sites like gonintendo have new reviews linked immediately, which is why i need to stop checking it. i'd rather tune out of all the news and not hear anything more until i get the game.

good plan...and ill be in florida on friday so it wont be hard to forget about everything til i get back and play it

RememberMe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

642. Posted:

Muwhuhahahaha!

Avoiding hype for upcoming games. That's pretty much impossible if you spend your time on the internet. There are hype articles, previews, spoilers, preorder bonuses and so much more all around the web. It's hard not to hit upon some information on a game that will hype you up. That might not even be your intention when looking, and then a big old bit of info smacks you in the face. How can we avoid hype to stave off that letdown feeling when we actually play a game?

Avoiding hype to better enjoy games

I miss the days of the Nintendo-related magazines...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bryguy1919

643. Posted:

I just found some awesome gameplay clips on IGN. I'm not sure if they are new, but I have not seen them anywhere else. It took a while to find them. IGN has not mentioned that they are on the site.!?!?!?!

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

644. Posted:

Well considering most of the games that are rated a 10 are NOT my favorites of all time. I love Galaxy 2 but havent beaten it because Ive been playing other games that got less than a 10 rating :) Most of my favorite, will never leave my gaming collection games have recieved anywhere from 4-8 ratings. Most games that are considered Perfect somehow I always seem to loose interest quickly and play at in between other games. If this is getting an 8 average, Im very happy with this, prob means its going to be awesome for me!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

645. Posted:

romulux wrote:

you watch your a**.

i tend to run into walls a lot when i do that :(
i totally lol'd though :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WhiteTrashGuy

646. Posted:

It seems like it's taking forever to get this game. Am trying to steer clear of gameplay footage and screenshots. I have seen enough of this game already. I am definitley looking out for early reviews, though. It's really pissing me off that some people are trashing Team Ninja as being a crappy developer. Sorry folks, but NINJA GAIDEN is one of the greatest action / adventure games of all time. When I heard they were co-developing OTHER:M I crapped myself. I've been wanting a port of NINJA GAIDEN on the Wii since launch, but I guess this is what I get. I have a 360 and Black anyway. I just thought the ponter and motion controls could be implemented really well. Enough of my ranting . . . Just hope I can pay off my pre-order come tuesday.

You havn't seen BAD BOYS 2 ???!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lilboyblue

647. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Also, I guess you missed the hype part of the title, please keep any negative comments to yourself until you actually play it (and when/if you do, make them constructive and make your own points, don't let other people speak for you)...

also, good luck finding the game at or below $40 within the first year, though, lilboyblue :3

dude first all have you heard of amazon and holiday sales like black Friday Christmas etc.
second I have 20 dollar gift card at gamestop.

lilboyblue

AuthorMessage
Avatar

nintendogamerftw

648. Posted:

WhiteTrashGuy wrote:

It seems like it's taking forever to get this game. Am trying to steer clear of gameplay footage and screenshots. I have seen enough of this game already. I am definitley looking out for early reviews, though. It's really pissing me off that some people are trashing Team Ninja as being a crappy developer. Sorry folks, but NINJA GAIDEN is one of the greatest action / adventure games of all time. When I heard they were co-developing OTHER:M I crapped myself. I've been wanting a port of NINJA GAIDEN on the Wii since launch, but I guess this is what I get. I have a 360 and Black anyway. I just thought the ponter and motion controls could be implemented really well. Enough of my ranting . . . Just hope I can pay off my pre-order come tuesday.

There is a review out on the game already. Nintendopower magazine gave it an 8.5. If you want me to, I could take out the important facts and make a quick summary. Don't have time to right now.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

649. Posted:

@lilboyblue:
(a) I have indeed purchased many things off Amazon, and one of my two jobs is retail, so yes, I do believe I have heard of both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Also, Christmas is that one holiday we get all kinds of presents, right? or is it the one where the bunny rabbit craps chocolate eggs for everyone? I always get those two mixed up. :(
(b) that's nice.

anyway, what I had been referring to in my original comment was the fact that it took years before Twilight Princess dropped below $40 at retail, even used... first-party IP games tend to stay at their original prices for far longer than third-party ones. the thought of it going on sale so quickly had honestly not crossed my mind, and i honestly doubt the game itself will go on sale, though you may wind up with extra coupons/percents off/whatev' from Amazon, so who knows what'll go down in November. I also had no way of knowing how much store credit/gift card(s)/birthday money/etc. you had at your disposal. I had only been thinking of full retail price.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

romulux

650. Posted:

now that there's a summary, you can see famitsu mainly deducted points because of the game's difficulty- http://www.1up.com/news/famitsu-rates-metroid

that's why i don't pay attention to reviews. (aside from reading them, linking them and discussing them here.)

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

romulux

651. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

it took years before Twilight Princess dropped below $40 at retail, even used... first-party IP games tend to stay at their original prices for far longer than third-party ones.

that's what kept me from buying mario galaxy. it was still at $50.00 even at the release of galaxy 2... meanwhile the conduit can shoot down to $15 in a year. if you're not too into the game it'd probably be better to rent it.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lilboyblue

652. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@lilboyblue:

anyway, what I had been referring to in my original comment was the fact that it took years before Twilight Princess dropped below $40 at retail, even used... first-party IP games tend to stay at their original prices for far longer than third-party ones. extra coupons/percents off/whatev' from Amazon, so who knows what'll go down in November. I also had no way of knowing how much store credit/gift card(s)/birthday money/etc. you had at your disposal. I had only been thinking of full retail price.

I saw SMG2 41 buck a moth or two after release. I know that that why I planned a had and look up stuff on gamerdeals.net. stuff goes down faster than you think. I agree 1st party stuff takes longer that a no sh*t thing but they do(that's a no sh*t to).

lilboyblue

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Deviant_Mugen

653. Posted:

One of the complaints is that minor enemies respawn? They've always done so, though, except that before you wanted them to in order to refill your health and ammo. I can't believe there's only 5 more days to go before I finally have this game in my hands; hurry up, Tuesday!

Also, I just saw some of the cards that are going to be included in the pre-order art folio and I'm glad that I got the money to pre-order...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

654. Posted:

romulux wrote:

now that there's a summary, you can see famitsu mainly deducted points because of the game's difficulty- http://www.1up.com/news/famitsu-rates-metroid

that's why i don't pay attention to reviews. (aside from reading them, linking them and discussing them here.)

HECK YEAH!!! Team Ninja did EXACTLY what I was hoping and ramped up the difficulty! Thank You Team Ninja and here is to all you unhardcore gamers....stick with it, because with All of Team Ninjas games, they are HARD but you can get through it if you persist and it feel dang good when you do. ;)

@WhiteTrash.... You have been promoted to one of my favorite NL users with you Team Ninja praise, not that you prob could care less :) For real though, TN is the stuff!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

655. Posted:

Metroid Other M is coming out in less than 5 days. Can't we be happy about that?

Edited on by theblackdragon

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

romulux

656. Posted:

lilboyblue wrote:

it just doesn't seem to live up too the pedigree the series and fans gave it.

don't you think it's a bit early to make that call? again, there have been 3 scores and only one of them (nintendo power) could be considered a reliable source. (famitsu scores can apparently be bought and game informer hates the wii. don't believe me? check their review of modern warfare: http://gameinformer.com/games/call_of_duty_modern_warfare_ref... )

i don't know if i can argue with you about buying the trilogy first, though... as good as other m may turn out, it's still not 3 games. plus, the trilogy will get harder to find the longer you wait.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

657. Posted:

romulux wrote:

lilboyblue wrote:

it just doesn't seem to live up too the pedigree the series and fans gave it.

don't you think it's a bit early to make that call? again, there have been 3 scores and only one of them (nintendo power) could be considered a reliable source.

i don't know if i can argue with you about buying the trilogy first, though... as good as other m may turn out, it's still not 3 games. plus, the trilogy will get harder to find the longer you wait.

I'd have to agree with you there. Metroid Prime Trilogy is limited edition. You can bet Other M will be around for a long, long time. Get MPT while you still can!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

658. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

it took years before Twilight Princess dropped below $40 at retail, even used... first-party IP games tend to stay at their original prices for far longer than third-party ones.

Actually on Amazon a lot of first party games are down to about $40 now, including NSMB Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Seriously! So it probably won't be all that long before Other M drops. There's also a $20 gift card for preordering Other M if you can't wait. At any rate, after seeing that today, I can't see buying first party video games on not Amazon again.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blink

659. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

romulux wrote:

lilboyblue wrote:

it just doesn't seem to live up too the pedigree the series and fans gave it.

don't you think it's a bit early to make that call? again, there have been 3 scores and only one of them (nintendo power) could be considered a reliable source.

i don't know if i can argue with you about buying the trilogy first, though... as good as other m may turn out, it's still not 3 games. plus, the trilogy will get harder to find the longer you wait.

I'd have to agree with you there. Metroid Prime Trilogy is limited edition. You can bet Other M will be around for a long, long time. Get MPT while you still can!

Hmm, I was thinking about pre-ordering Other M but I'd rather stake my money on something I know is amazing, so I'm probably going to order Trilogy tomorrow. Though I can see how Other M could be not amazing, I don't see how it could be straight up bad. Thanks for the advice Kid-A. :)

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

660. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Metroid Other M is coming out in less than 5 days. Can't we be happy about that?

!!!

With kind regards,

JGMR