Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,742

Kid_A

This is important: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/08/24/game-inform...

A Game Informer review scan depicting a review score of an 8/10 has been passed around a lot today--but it's the Australian review, apparently. They said that their score is "quite different" than the Australian score.
Remember, though, guys--it's really not the score that counts. It's the review itself. I think all of us knew this game would be polarizing, seeing as it's doing some pretty different things with the series. Scores are often dubious, as I've found. I'm really interested in seeing what exactly people have to say about this game.

I said it when the game was first announced and I'm saying it again--Other M is an anagram for Mother (Mother Brain anyone?). If it's not I'll bake a virtual pie for everyone here.
Note: Kid_A is being sarcastic and in no way owes anyone any sort of virtual food item. Scientists and pieologists have yet to crack the code on baking the perfect virtual pie

Edited on by theblackdragon

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

JGMR

RememberMe wrote:

the scores themselves mean nothing to me. what has me worried is how well they scored past metroid titles compared to this. that means they understand the quality of metroid, at least to a certain extent. i will reserve judgement until i beat the game, but my expectations are dropping rapidly. they are very high expectations though.

Yeah, i know what you mean though (scores low for a Metroid title). The thing is, i'm not expecting anything because i know that this game will be great, as it goes back to the roots. I liked the first two Prime games very much, but i was always 'secretly' hoping on a title in the classical style for the Wii...and it is gonna be delivered very soon, never even thought that would happen in fact.

To add...some titles in the series got scores they didn't deserve in my opinion (Metroid Prime 3 and Hunters), others didn't get what they truly deserved in my opinion (Metroid 2 and Zero Mission).

With kind regards,

JGMR

RememberMe

90's Gamer wrote:

RememberMe wrote:

the scores themselves mean nothing to me. what has me worried is how well they scored past metroid titles compared to this. that means they understand the quality of metroid, at least to a certain extent. i will reserve judgement until i beat the game, but my expectations are dropping rapidly. they are very high expectations though.

Yeah, i know what you mean though (scores low for a Metroid title). The thing is, i'm not expecting anything because i know that this game will be great, as it goes back to the roots. I liked the first two Prime games very much, but i was always 'secretly' hoping on a title in the classical style for the Wii...and it is gonna be delivered very soon, never even thought that would happen in fact.

To add...some titles in the series got scores they didn't deserve in my opinion (Metroid Prime 3 and Hunters), others didn't get what they truly deserved in my opinion (Metroid 2 and Zero Mission).

i just want this to be as good as fusion. if the combat works and the level design is great i will likely love this game. please god, let it be good lol. we dont get many main series metroids, and we havent had any from r and d 1 in 3d until now. this game has so much potential, thats why it will suck if it doesnt reach it.

RememberMe

lilboyblue

Mandoble wrote:

Retro's ones are the best Metroid games to date. Too advanced games for Sakamoto to asimilate/understand. So now it is that he has a very "realistic vision of Samus" compared with Prime versions, right? Of course before Prime series Samus was a quite deep character inside a quite deep story from where many books have been writen ...

congrats you were right the game is getting mostly 8s right now. I kinda saw this coming the why I cancelled my pre order. I plan on getting trilogy first than getting this game at 40$. (its a bit presumptious of me to call it this early).

Edited on by lilboyblue

lilboyblue

JGMR

Wow !!! Ridley looks great, that's all i would like to share with you then, hahaha

With kind regards,

JGMR

RememberMe

90's Gamer wrote:

Wow !!! Ridley looks great, that's all i would like to share with you then, hahaha

yeah i couldnt resist so i watched it lol. i still fail to see how this game isnt going to be great. so until im proven wrong it is

RememberMe

Deviant_Mugen

@lilboyblue: I don't know what planet you live in where an eight makes someone right on a game not being good. A six and lower, though, now those are pretty low scores. Also, I guess you missed the hype part of the title, please keep any negative comments to yourself until you actually play it (and when/if you do, make them constructive and make your own points, don't let other people speak for you)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

JGMR

RememberMe wrote:

i still fail to see how this game isnt going to be great. so until im proven wrong it is

Jep. Totally agree.

I would also like to add that it is ridiculous to compare the Prime games to the traditional ones; they're of the same series BUT in different styles, and styles aren't superior or inferior to another. Many people argue that Metroid Prime 'really captured the great atmosphere of Super Metroid like proportions'. But if you turn it around, you could just as easily say that Super Metroid really has a 'Metroid Prime feel to it, transited in 2D form'. It's all Metroid, and it's feeling, in the end...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

romulux

RememberMe wrote:

oh, well if you average it out its 8.75, not really the upper 9's.

i saw a bunch of 9's and didn't know to add them up... facepalm. at any rate, that's still higher than the score they gave metroid prime.

lilboyblue wrote:

congrats you were right the game is getting mostly 8s right now.

there have been about 3 scores so far (without a single review) and 8 is the lowest of them. that's not exactly the massive failure mandoble has been conjuring up. for what it's worth, i often see super metroid with an 8 and like i mentioned above, prime got an 8 from famitsu.

often reviewers have odd reasons for deducting points from games that really are nearly perfect, like in the case of twilight princess getting some 8's for playing it too safe even though taken on it's own merits it's an amazing game. we don't know why they're awarding 8's without the reviews, so it could very well be for stupid, stupid reasons. i'd like to see other m getting consistent 10's like galaxy 2 did, but the early impressions made it clear that this game is going to be all over the place.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Cia

Famitsu gave this higher score than Metroid Prime? Gotta remember that Prime averages 97 in metacritic, and Metroid has never been that popular in Japan. I'll wait for other reviews.

Cia

theblackdragon

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Also, I guess you missed the hype part of the title, please keep any negative comments to yourself until you actually play it (and when/if you do, make them constructive and make your own points, don't let other people speak for you)...

you may as well ask people to keep the positive comments to themselves as well until they actually play it. hype can be both negative and positive. also note that this is a 'hype/discussion' thread. he is discussing why he canceled his preorder.
are you people seriously arguing over the score before it's even been released? wtf

also, good luck finding the game at or below $40 within the first year, though, lilboyblue :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

romulux

theblackdragon wrote:

are you people seriously arguing over the score before it's even been released? wtf

i was trying to make a point of why we shouldn't start arguing over it since there are only a couple scores and no reviews, but since it's the internet it'll probably turn into an argument anyway. right now, i'm arguing with you about whether it's an argument. and i'm this close to calling the mods on you....

you watch your a**.

Edited on by romulux

erv

I haven't seen any score yet, what am I missing? So people who can't think out of the box and embrace differences rate it lower - big surprise boohoo...

Is there any place online which shows many known review channels and their scores?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

romulux

i think gamerankings.com is a good bet. usually sites like gonintendo have new reviews linked immediately, which is why i need to stop checking it. i'd rather tune out of all the news and not hear anything more until i get the game.

RememberMe

romulux wrote:

i think gamerankings.com is a good bet. usually sites like gonintendo have new reviews linked immediately, which is why i need to stop checking it. i'd rather tune out of all the news and not hear anything more until i get the game.

good plan...and ill be in florida on friday so it wont be hard to forget about everything til i get back and play it

RememberMe

JGMR

Muwhuhahahaha!

Avoiding hype for upcoming games. That's pretty much impossible if you spend your time on the internet. There are hype articles, previews, spoilers, preorder bonuses and so much more all around the web. It's hard not to hit upon some information on a game that will hype you up. That might not even be your intention when looking, and then a big old bit of info smacks you in the face. How can we avoid hype to stave off that letdown feeling when we actually play a game?

Avoiding hype to better enjoy games

I miss the days of the Nintendo-related magazines...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

bryguy1919

I just found some awesome gameplay clips on IGN. I'm not sure if they are new, but I have not seen them anywhere else. It took a while to find them. IGN has not mentioned that they are on the site.!?!?!?!

PSN: brrgpfife

Slapshot

Well considering most of the games that are rated a 10 are NOT my favorites of all time. I love Galaxy 2 but havent beaten it because Ive been playing other games that got less than a 10 rating Most of my favorite, will never leave my gaming collection games have recieved anywhere from 4-8 ratings. Most games that are considered Perfect somehow I always seem to loose interest quickly and play at in between other games. If this is getting an 8 average, Im very happy with this, prob means its going to be awesome for me!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic