Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 601 to 620 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

601. Posted:

@Metroid_Fan
I've seen a number of commercials over the past few weeks, but tonight for the first time i saw the commercial with live-action Samus (wow, is the model they got is hot, and i'm not generally one for blondes).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

JGMR

602. Posted:

90's Gamer wrote:

My big question at the moment is, if the final code will be copied to the Dual Layered format medium? :p I guess it will be because of the size of such game, and the 2 hours worth of FMV ...

romulux wrote:

sorry, faron- a dual layer disc is confirmed. http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/23/metroid-other-m-comes-on...

Finally, the answer to my question...thanks for the info romulux :)

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

romulux

603. Posted:

it lends some credence to the idea that the next system will use blu ray (or something equivalent). nintendo always says they wait until developers feel limited by the current system before moving on, and it definitely seems like DVD isn't doing it anymore.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

604. Posted:

No Gravity Suit, but a purple glow instead, eh? Bummer. I think that the Gravity Suit would look really well in this game, considering the bright color palette they went with, oh, well...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

605. Posted:

What channels/networks have been showing the live-action Metroid commercial?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

Cia

606. Posted:

romulux wrote:

sorry, faron- a dual layer disc is confirmed. http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/23/metroid-other-m-comes-on...

Damn. Well, i guess i'll have to buy a cleaning disk and see if it's any good. Thanks for the info anyways :)

Cia

AuthorMessage

romulux

607. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

No Gravity Suit, but a purple glow instead, eh? Bummer.

it's like when you get the shoulderpads at the end of corruption. it still functions like a full suit, but there's something disappointing about it. i hope the purple glow at least isn't as ugly as it looks in that picture...

faron, the kit's great. i've gotten a few unplayable games to work with it and it reduces load times and overheating for the games that already work.

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

608. Posted:

romulux wrote:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

No Gravity Suit, but a purple glow instead, eh? Bummer.

it's like when you get the shoulderpads at the end of corruption. it still functions like a full suit, but there's something disappointing about it. i hope the purple glow at least isn't as ugly as it looks in that picture...

faron, the kit's great. i've gotten a few unplayable games to work with it and it reduces load times and overheating for the games that already work.

ive read somewhere the the purple aura only shows up when you are underwater or that aspect of the suit is in use, otherwise it goes back to normal.

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Faildude

609. Posted:

romulux wrote:

it lends some credence to the idea that the next system will use blu ray (or something equivalent). nintendo always says they wait until developers feel limited by the current system before moving on, and it definitely seems like DVD isn't doing it anymore.

Nintendo could be cooking up their own storage solution for the next generation right now: http://www.totalvideogames.com/Nintendo-Wii/news/Could-Hologr...

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

610. Posted:

Man I really wish I had my Wii right now. I so want to pick this up and play it on launch day.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

611. Posted:

@Bulbasaurus: So far I've only seen it on the USA network; it came on during Raw last night...

@romulux: Not that it's ugly, per se, I just thought that it'd be more subdued when I read about it. Like only those two lights that run across Samus's chest plate would be colored purple, not a whole aura around her suit. I'm sure I won't care less once I have this game in my hands, though...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

612. Posted:

romulux wrote:

I think all the next systems will prob be BluRay as the PS3 isnt going to upgrade for prob 6+ years. BD can hold 50gb when dual layered compared to a DVD dual layered is only a 8.5gb. Here is the big kicker, they have a BD coming out that can hold up to 140gb soon and Sony is already toying with the disc. Im sure we will see the next Microsoft and Sony systems moving into BD. I watched a DVD for the first time in forever this past weekend, The Chronicles of Riddick, and as Ive got HDTV and BluRay in all my room at my house, the DVD was a very noticable drop compared to BD now that Ive gotten so used to it.

With all that said, Metroid Other M still looks fantastic and I cant wait to finally get it! Corruptions visuals were amazing and Im sure Team Ninja is have the same or better quality in Other M. Im dying to get into the story of this game, as its looking to be the first Metroid to have a deep storyline.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Alias

613. Posted:

On Nintendo Channel, you can watch TONS of Metroid:Other M vids, including the TV commercial and the beautifully created telling of the Metroid story.

Thinking of finally picking up a Wii U!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

614. Posted:

@Bulba
I also saw it during WWE Raw. Any wrestling shows tend to have a lot of video game commercials, though more often of the "Halo"-variety. SpikeTV (which airs TNA and UFC) also airs a fair amount of video game ads.

The Nintendo Channel, as labrat said, is a great source, and of course there's always YouTube.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

LoopyLuigi

615. Posted:

has anyone seen the gamestop bonus? It's sort sort of card set, but I can't find any pics of them. I'd like that as a bonus, I really liked the cards that came with my Lunar on PSP.

It's a me, Luigi!

AuthorMessage

pikku

616. Posted:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/08/24/game-inform...
look at this.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Blink

617. Posted:

I'm debating whether I should preorder this or Fallout: New Vegas. On one hand, I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, really good or just kind of good. With Fallout, I'm pretty certain it's going to be awesome, as I loved the first. On the other hand, it's flippin' Metroid. Blarg, can't decide...

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

618. Posted:

This should show up tomorrow. Hope it's rad.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

romulux

619. Posted:

dammit, i was hoping not to see any reviews beforehand but the scores are popping up everywhere now. it's pretty clear the game is going to be polarizing... not love it or hate it polarizing, but "great" or "just good" polarizing. i've seen some in the upper 9 area, one flat 8, and a few in between. i get the feeling you're going to hear a lot of whining from reviewers who still can't get over the fact it has cinema scenes....

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

620. Posted:

romulux wrote:

dammit, i was hoping not to see any reviews beforehand but the scores are popping up everywhere now. it's pretty clear the game is going to be polarizing... not love it or hate it polarizing, but "great" or "just good" polarizing. i've seen some in the upper 9 area, one flat 8, and a few in between. i get the feeling you're going to hear a lot of whining from reviewers who still can't get over the fact it has cinema scenes....

who gave it in the upper 9's? by the way nintendo power gave it an 8.5. for reference they gave metroid prime hunters 8.5, and prime 3 a 10.

RememberMe