Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

irken004

521. Posted:

The japanese Other M site has new tv commercials.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

romulux

522. Posted:

watch them both here: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=133610

looks like there's another moment from the manga in the first video

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

523. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel

Game of the Year. :D

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

romulux

524. Posted:

RememberMe wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

basically, metroid prime trilogy is a side story, so they left it out of the video. other m is a continuation in the main storyline

that's probably the reason; prime's story is self contained and has no bearing on anything going on in other m, so even though it's part of the series it wouldn't make any sense to mention it.

sakamoto's also a bit weird about the trilogy. he admits they're great games, but he always makes it clear that it's a different version of metroid that he had little to do with. metroid is very personal to him and you can imagine that seeing people foreign to the series taking control of it, after years of building up his story, wasn't comfortable for him.

he oversaw the prime games to keep them from taking what he would consider any wrong turns, but you get the sense that he still would rather not have them in control to begin with. when you consider how different his realistic vision of samus is compared to the odd looking blank slate she was in retro's hands, you can sympathize with him a little for keeping the prime games at arm's length.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

525. Posted:

Yeah it's funny Sakamoto always comes off a bit weird when talking about the Prime games. I guess they were good in their own rights, but not what the series' co-creator necessarily thought of as important to the story.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

526. Posted:

romulux wrote:

watch them both here: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=133610

looks like there's another moment from the manga in the first video

that was awesome! space jump was shown , she used it to stay off the ground!!! awesome

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

527. Posted:

Retro's ones are the best Metroid games to date. Too advanced games for Sakamoto to asimilate/understand. So now it is that he has a very "realistic vision of Samus" compared with Prime versions, right? Of course before Prime series Samus was a quite deep character inside a quite deep story from where many books have been writen ...

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

528. Posted:

It's nice that Nintendo's showing that Metroid is back to its roots, especially in Japan, where the series started to sell badly the Prime series onward.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

529. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel

Game of the Year. :D

Makes me wanna get the game now.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

SeniorDingDong

530. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

It's nice that Nintendo's showing that Metroid is back to its roots, especially in Japan, where the series started to sell badly the Prime series onward.

The Prime games might have missed the (often questionable) japanese taste, but they are still some of the best games out there.

SeniorDingDong

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

531. Posted:

@Mandoble Zero Mission and Super beg to differ. :D

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

532. Posted:

SeniorDingDong wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

The Prime games might have missed the (often questionable) japanese taste, but they are still some of the best games out there.

This. Prime=teh awesomeness.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

Nintendo-64

533. Posted:

I hope they dont include any voice for Samus. That would be horrible. Because a voice for Samus would ruin the whole game.

Nintendo-64

AuthorMessage

irken004

534. Posted:

Nintendo-64 wrote:

I hope they dont include any voice for Samus. That would be horrible. Because a voice for Samus would ruin the whole game.

... Too bad, she's got a voice now.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

535. Posted:

RaiderZX wrote:

@hulklol123456789
You can't use the echo visor doors without the annihilator beam...

Oh god I need to get that beam, just can't find the f*ck**g 3rd key!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

536. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

RaiderZX wrote:

@hulklol123456789
You can't use the echo visor doors without the annihilator beam...

Oh god I need to get that beam, just can't find the f*ck**g 3rd key!!

This should really be in another topic altogether, but here is a list of dark temple keys and their locations. Scroll down to Ing Hive to find the key you're missing.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Nintendo-64

537. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Nintendo-64 wrote:

Thank you Nintendo for destroying one of the most important parts of a metroid game.

Nintendo-64

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

538. Posted:

Nintendo-64 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Nintendo-64 wrote:

Thank you Nintendo for destroying one of the most important parts of a metroid game.

samus has talked in many of the classic metroid games, how is her having a voice much different then us reading text? unless you really dont like the voice they chose (and some people dont), theres nothing but positive things form it. it beats reading text.

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

539. Posted:

12 days......

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

540. Posted:

Nintendo-64 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Nintendo-64 wrote:

Wait...so one of the most important parts of a Metroid game is having Samus NOT talk? Well that makes sense.
I think the voice acting is pretty snazzy.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374