Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,745

LordJumpMad

Can Samus teabag in this one?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

hulklol123456789

Well, I just tried to advance a little beat in Metroid Prime 2: Echos, I spend 2 hours and could't do nothing! So I searched in Internet for a walkthrough, and after other hour I just find that it was a BS, so I looked for another walkthrough, it was better, I advance like 0.00001% of the game, and need another 2 hours for that, and at the end I find my self on a door that after destoying all the echo thing with the echo visor just don't open!! so WTF!!!!

Will be Other M so difficult? That you need to go to one place and to the other like 5 times before advancing a 0.000001%??? It looks different and great but WTF, even walkthroughs can't help me!!!! These is just no way to advance!!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

bryguy1919

@ hulklol123456789. I have played Prime 2 so many times on my Wii. IMO the gets much more easy and fun on multiple playthroughs. The first time I played this game I hated it. After multiple playthroughs I now consider it to be just as awesome as Prime 1 and 3.

Edited on by bryguy1919

PSN: brrgpfife

hulklol123456789

Yah but what happened if I just can't advance anymore?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

RaiderZX

@hulklol123456789
That game is quite hard to figure out the first time through...
But you have to remember, there is ALWAYS a way to advance.
I could be of more help if I knew what area you were in...
BTW You may want to move this question to a different topic... :3

Monster Hunter Tri (NA)
Name: Nikalus
ID: EWJDSY
HR: 80+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon Black
FC: 0260-9799-1341

RememberMe

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Yah but what happened if I just can't advance anymore?

if you cant figure it out without a guide, ask someone else to play the part for you. other than that, thats the only way. prime 2 was tricky, i was stumped many a time on it and im a seasoned gamer with 15+ years of experience lol

RememberMe

hulklol123456789

irken004 wrote:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel
[youtube:-u92JwhUHPc]

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

LordJumpMad

hulklol123456789 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel
[youtube:-u92JwhUHPc]

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

Ninja Team Did there Homework on Metroid.

Now that made me wish I Played all the Metroid games they just shown.
Well, time to download Super Metroid today

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

romulux

RememberMe wrote:

some new screen shots:

for all the complaining about how this game "doesn't look as good as prime", that middle image looks exactly like something out of metroid prime, but with a little more going on. look at those heat ripples coming out of the vents on the right.

all of the recent screens have been amazing, which makes sense since they delayed the game to tweak the visuals more. the winter environment looks beautiful
Untitled

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RememberMe

romulux wrote:

RememberMe wrote:

some new screen shots:

for all the complaining about how this game "doesn't look as good as prime", that middle image looks exactly like something out of metroid prime, but with a little more going on. look at those heat ripples coming out of the vents on the right.

all of the recent screens have been amazing, which makes sense since they delayed the game to tweak the visuals more. the winter environment looks beautiful
Untitled

i agree. i think most of the complaining on this game is unfounded. i think most of it comes from gamers who's first metroid game was prime. then when they saw the style they thought it looked cartoonish, which is how the older games looked. its a more classic look. but yeah, i think the snow environment looks really good.

RememberMe

RememberMe

hulklol123456789 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel
[youtube:-u92JwhUHPc]

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

prime took place after the first metroid game. but basically, metroid prime trilogy is a side story, so they left it out of the video. other m is a continuation in the main storyline

RememberMe

hulklol123456789

Oh well, today I give another try to echoes, I find I do more things, anyways my porcent is just the same and idk now what to do, im like in sanctuary fortress, ing hive, just need the 3rd key, trying to get the aniquilator beam, just unlocked the map... And I just don't know, I use the echo visor and the door does not open, so I can't enter that portal, and I use the echo visor in another part, and nothing happened, just a sound starts like bip-bip-bip-bipbipbipbip, OFF! So haha

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

RememberMe

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Oh well, today I give another try to echoes, I find I do more things, anyways my porcent is just the same and idk now what to do, im like in sanctuary fortress, ing hive, just need the 3rd key, trying to get the aniquilator beam, just unlocked the map... And I just don't know, I use the echo visor and the door does not open, so I can't enter that portal, and I use the echo visor in another part, and nothing happened, just a sound starts like bip-bip-bip-bipbipbipbip, OFF! So haha

well i plan on playing that again this week. havent played it since it was released even though i bought trilogy months ago. so if i figure it out i will let you know

RememberMe

RaiderZX

@hulklol123456789
You can't use the echo visor doors without the annihilator beam...

Monster Hunter Tri (NA)
Name: Nikalus
ID: EWJDSY
HR: 80+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon Black
FC: 0260-9799-1341

Chrono_Cross

irken004 wrote:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel
[youtube:-u92JwhUHPc]

...

Game of the Year.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

romulux

RememberMe wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

basically, metroid prime trilogy is a side story, so they left it out of the video. other m is a continuation in the main storyline

that's probably the reason; prime's story is self contained and has no bearing on anything going on in other m, so even though it's part of the series it wouldn't make any sense to mention it.

sakamoto's also a bit weird about the trilogy. he admits they're great games, but he always makes it clear that it's a different version of metroid that he had little to do with. metroid is very personal to him and you can imagine that seeing people foreign to the series taking control of it, after years of building up his story, wasn't comfortable for him.

he oversaw the prime games to keep them from taking what he would consider any wrong turns, but you get the sense that he still would rather not have them in control to begin with. when you consider how different his realistic vision of samus is compared to the odd looking blank slate she was in retro's hands, you can sympathize with him a little for keeping the prime games at arm's length.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic