Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

501. Posted:

MrWout wrote:

Ok this might've already been discussed in considerable detail before, but I just found this and well I shat brix so I have to tell:

Other M=Mother

Also you can look at it like Metroid Other M = MoM. Sakamoto said there are strong maternal themes in this game. The distress call that samus gets in the beginning of Other M is called "Baby's cry"

Also some new screen shots:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

502. Posted:

I prefer to think of it as Metroid: Other M = Metroid: Other Metroid
Or maybe, Mother of the Other Metroid?
Mother of the Other Metroid that was killed by Mother Brain?

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

503. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

I prefer to think of it as Metroid: Other M = Metroid: Other Metroid
Or maybe, Mother of the Other Metroid?
Mother of the Other Metroid that was killed by Mother Brain?

you just gave me an idea.

**possible plot SPOILER**
that other girl in the first trailer in the lab coat, maybe she is the mother( creator) of that possible omega metroid we saw in the other trailer. If there is an omega metroid it would have been created in the lab using the metroid cells they had (and used in fusion to save samus). So maybe she was doing research and developed one and shit went haywire?

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

504. Posted:

Can Samus teabag in this one?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

irken004

505. Posted:

Watched this on the Nintendo Channel

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

506. Posted:

Well, I just tried to advance a little beat in Metroid Prime 2: Echos, I spend 2 hours and could't do nothing! So I searched in Internet for a walkthrough, and after other hour I just find that it was a BS, so I looked for another walkthrough, it was better, I advance like 0.00001% of the game, and need another 2 hours for that, and at the end I find my self on a door that after destoying all the echo thing with the echo visor just don't open!! so WTF!!!!

Will be Other M so difficult? That you need to go to one place and to the other like 5 times before advancing a 0.000001%??? It looks different and great but WTF, even walkthroughs can't help me!!!! These is just no way to advance!!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

507. Posted:

@ hulklol123456789. I have played Prime 2 so many times on my Wii. IMO the gets much more easy and fun on multiple playthroughs. The first time I played this game I hated it. After multiple playthroughs I now consider it to be just as awesome as Prime 1 and 3.

Edited on by bryguy1919

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

508. Posted:

Yah but what happened if I just can't advance anymore?

AuthorMessage

RaiderZX

509. Posted:

@hulklol123456789
That game is quite hard to figure out the first time through...
But you have to remember, there is ALWAYS a way to advance.
I could be of more help if I knew what area you were in...
BTW You may want to move this question to a different topic... :3

Monster Hunter Tri (NA)
Name: Nikalus
ID: EWJDSY
HR: 80+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon Black
FC: 0260-9799-1341

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

510. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Yah but what happened if I just can't advance anymore?

if you cant figure it out without a guide, ask someone else to play the part for you. other than that, thats the only way. prime 2 was tricky, i was stumped many a time on it and im a seasoned gamer with 15+ years of experience lol

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

511. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

512. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I must admit these looks really good, but it jumps from the super nintendo to the Wii jumping over the primer versions?

Ninja Team Did there Homework on Metroid.

Now that made me wish I Played all the Metroid games they just shown.
Well, time to download Super Metroid today

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

romulux

513. Posted:

RememberMe wrote:

some new screen shots:

for all the complaining about how this game "doesn't look as good as prime", that middle image looks exactly like something out of metroid prime, but with a little more going on. look at those heat ripples coming out of the vents on the right.

all of the recent screens have been amazing, which makes sense since they delayed the game to tweak the visuals more. the winter environment looks beautiful
Untitled

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

514. Posted:

romulux wrote:

RememberMe wrote:

some new screen shots:

for all the complaining about how this game "doesn't look as good as prime", that middle image looks exactly like something out of metroid prime, but with a little more going on. look at those heat ripples coming out of the vents on the right.

all of the recent screens have been amazing, which makes sense since they delayed the game to tweak the visuals more. the winter environment looks beautiful
Untitled

i agree. i think most of the complaining on this game is unfounded. i think most of it comes from gamers who's first metroid game was prime. then when they saw the style they thought it looked cartoonish, which is how the older games looked. its a more classic look. but yeah, i think the snow environment looks really good.

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

515. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

prime took place after the first metroid game. but basically, metroid prime trilogy is a side story, so they left it out of the video. other m is a continuation in the main storyline

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

516. Posted:

This game keeps looking better and better the more I see it. This is a new gem that's about to be uncovered.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

517. Posted:

Oh well, today I give another try to echoes, I find I do more things, anyways my porcent is just the same and idk now what to do, im like in sanctuary fortress, ing hive, just need the 3rd key, trying to get the aniquilator beam, just unlocked the map... And I just don't know, I use the echo visor and the door does not open, so I can't enter that portal, and I use the echo visor in another part, and nothing happened, just a sound starts like bip-bip-bip-bipbipbipbip, OFF! So haha :(

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

518. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Oh well, today I give another try to echoes, I find I do more things, anyways my porcent is just the same and idk now what to do, im like in sanctuary fortress, ing hive, just need the 3rd key, trying to get the aniquilator beam, just unlocked the map... And I just don't know, I use the echo visor and the door does not open, so I can't enter that portal, and I use the echo visor in another part, and nothing happened, just a sound starts like bip-bip-bip-bipbipbipbip, OFF! So haha :(

well i plan on playing that again this week. havent played it since it was released even though i bought trilogy months ago. so if i figure it out i will let you know

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

RaiderZX

519. Posted:

@hulklol123456789
You can't use the echo visor doors without the annihilator beam...

Monster Hunter Tri (NA)
Name: Nikalus
ID: EWJDSY
HR: 80+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon Black
FC: 0260-9799-1341

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

520. Posted:

@irken004 That montauge video was awesome.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL