Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,742

SMEXIZELDAMAN

MMMMM the closer it gets to release the more I want this game

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

bryguy1919

@ RememberMe. Those videos are sweet. A lot of that gameplay was much deeper into the game than I was expecting. The interactive trailer blew my frickin mind!!!! The reviews should be arriving sometime next week!!!

Edited on by bryguy1919

PSN: brrgpfife

RememberMe

Pfife-141 wrote:

@ RememberMe. Those videos are sweet. A lot of that gameplay was much deeper into the game than I was expecting. The interactive trailer blew my frickin mind!!!! The reviews should be arriving sometime next week!!!

i dont think any of the footage was really that far, most of it she only had 1 energy tank. there was one small part where she had 5, but i imagine that still wasnt even halfway through the game

RememberMe

Kingbuilder

Traded my Wii for my uncle's PS3 for a few weeks. Hope I get my Wii back before Other M is released. I really want to play it once it comes in.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

romulux

there's a live action commercial going around that looks like this:
Untitled

that's samus flashing back to the murder of her parents, which makes the odds of that whole sequence being told in the game pretty high.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

bryguy1919

@ romulux. Which video did you watch after this commercial. Every video I watch has either Red Dead Redemption commercial or a Jack's Links commercial.

romulux

i didn't see it, i just found that image. i only got red dead redemption when i tried too... some people have suggested that it was aired a few times too early, so it won't start showing up full time for another few days maybe.

Slapshot

Had to go back to some Team Ninja greatness and fired up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 again Im really pumped up about getting this game more and more. Ive read negative and postive impressions and dont give a crap about any of it. Its Team Ninja and Metroid/Samus in one.... Epic is the least of what I expect!

Im wondering what is going to happen when you shake the WiiMote though

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

romulux

nothing. (thank god)

RememberMe

Pfife-141 wrote:

@ romulux. Which video did you watch after this commercial. Every video I watch has either Red Dead Redemption commercial or a Jack's Links commercial.

the AD was taken down...i saw it about 6 times in row right when they put it up, 10 minutes later the ad never showed again, another guy on gametrailers took the screencap while it was still up, and thats the image that everyone is seeing.

RememberMe

bryguy1919

Dang it. I've heard what happens in it,but I still want to see it in action. Mabye it will show up on Youtube in a couple of days.

RememberMe

Pfife-141 wrote:

Dang it. I've heard what happens in it,but I still want to see it in action. Mabye it will show up on Youtube in a couple of days.

im sure it will turn up soon, the games coming out in a couple weeks

RememberMe

bryguy1919

Did it look like it was an in-game cinematic, or just a commercial?

RememberMe

Pfife-141 wrote:

Did it look like it was an in-game cinematic, or just a commercial?

it was a live commercial, samus was a real person (i didnt like her face). but im guessing that there will be a cinematic of ridley attacking and killing samus's parents seeing as it shows her get the power suit when she is a kid.

RememberMe

MrWout

Ok this might've already been discussed in considerable detail before, but I just found this and well I shat brix so I have to tell:

Other M=Mother

Edited on by MrWout

MrWout

RememberMe

MrWout wrote:

Ok this might've already been discussed in considerable detail before, but I just found this and well I shat brix so I have to tell:

Other M=Mother

Also you can look at it like Metroid Other M = MoM. Sakamoto said there are strong maternal themes in this game. The distress call that samus gets in the beginning of Other M is called "Baby's cry"

Also some new screen shots:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

NotEnoughGolds

I prefer to think of it as Metroid: Other M = Metroid: Other Metroid
Or maybe, Mother of the Other Metroid?
Mother of the Other Metroid that was killed by Mother Brain?

NotEnoughGolds

RememberMe

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

I prefer to think of it as Metroid: Other M = Metroid: Other Metroid
Or maybe, Mother of the Other Metroid?
Mother of the Other Metroid that was killed by Mother Brain?

you just gave me an idea.

**possible plot SPOILER**
that other girl in the first trailer in the lab coat, maybe she is the mother( creator) of that possible omega metroid we saw in the other trailer. If there is an omega metroid it would have been created in the lab using the metroid cells they had (and used in fusion to save samus). So maybe she was doing research and developed one and shit went haywire?

RememberMe

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic