Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

461. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

Welcome to NintendoLife, RememberMe. :)

thanks man!

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Adam

462. Posted:

I'd be happy with either of those speculations, RememberMe. Still need to go back and watch that trailer later to see what you're talking about though.

And now I badly want to play the GBA Metroid games again, but I sold my GBA stuff because it hurts my eyes to play them any way but on Gameboy Player, and I didn't think it worth keeping the Cube just for that... I think I feel differently now though, haha.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Adam

463. Posted:

Any word yet on if Other M will have difficulty options? I sure hope so. Metroid and Super Metroid really needed difficulty options (an Easy Mode and Hard Mode respectively).

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

464. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Oh, I certainly wouldn't feel guilty, but it's against forum policy to discuss that, so I'd recommend editing it out, to be safe. Some sort of way, I will play them again, someday. Don't think I'll have time before Other M. It'll probably take my whole weekend to finish my current game, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, if I can finish it at all, and then we'll be a mere two weeks away! I think I'll wait until after, anyway, since Fusion comes after Other M chronologically, and I'll use that as practice before taking on Zero Mission's super tough Hard Mode.

Speaking of which, any word yet on if Other M will have difficulty options? I sure hope so. Metroid and Super Metroid really needed difficulty options (an Easy Mode and Hard Mode respectively).

hasnt been stated but im hoping for one...zero mission had one, and most team ninja games have one so i think theres a good chance

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

romulux

465. Posted:

adam, there is a hard mode in super metroid... just don't pick up any energy tanks. :)

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

466. Posted:

My copy is all paid up :D

@Adam.... considering Team Ninja is behind the game, I would be VERY suprised to not see a "Hard" or higher difficulty as the team is notorious for high difficulty in games.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

467. Posted:

Is the spoiler I mentioned earlier in Zero Mission then? What else could it be in (besides the Primes, which I assume feature only Metroid Primes).

@Adam just gave me a brain blast. I acquired the GBA Metroids today and have held onto my Player for the GameCube for a while. Now I just have to see if I can borrow a friends GameCube for gaming bliss.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

468. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

Is the spoiler I mentioned earlier in Zero Mission then? What else could it be in (besides the Primes, which I assume feature only Metroid Primes).

no its not in zero mission. omega metroid was introduced in metroid 2, since zero mission is a remake of metroid there are no omega's. and metroid prime has the normal alpha metroids. and im pretty sure prime 3 had an omega in it, or at least a more advanced one.

but none of these are spoilers really. except for other m if it is indeed what i think it is.

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

469. Posted:

I don't remember Omega Metroids in Prime 3...

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

470. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I don't remember Omega Metroids in Prime 3...

yeah nm, i think it was a hopper metroid or something like that...the thing that spawned a bunch of metroids while you fought it

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

JGMR

471. Posted:

romulux wrote:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22771313&postc...

"The Official Nintendo Magazine offered some of their latest overall impressions in their 12th podcast. They've played through a large portion of the game, but still haven't completed it yet. They said "it was everything you'd expect from a Metroid game, and then a couple of other things on top of it."

• Overall, the game is "gorgeous" and "absolutely enormous."
  • Some of the small new gameplay twists like the over-the-shoulder segments are a bit "strange" and "don't work that well."
  • Samus moves fantastically and there are lots of items to find, with plenty of morphballing navigation etc.
  • The game has "massive maps to explore."
  • Some of the music in the game is a "bit odd."
  • They said for those unsure, that the "dialogue is a bit cheesy at times" but it's "a great story" and should make up for any of those details.
  • While it can slow the game down a bit, for the purpose of exploring for clues or items, they said that the first person "works really well" (and e.g., works better than Prime Pinball).
  • Fans may question the developer's choices here and there, but overall, they are going to enjoy it."

it wouldn't be a metroid game if the music weren't odd, would it?

Muwhuhahahahaha. Fantastic.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Adam

472. Posted:

For some reason I never like doing low completion runs, Rom. Collecting power-ups is too much fun! Plus, all it'd do would make Ridley and the phantom boss impossible for me, while the rest of the game would be no harder, haha.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

473. Posted:

So where is everybody pre-ordering it from? I can't decide between Amazon ($20 video game credit) and GameStop (art folio w/ 16 cards) myself.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

474. Posted:

Wasn't the Omega Metroid the final boss from Prime 1?
Edit: no, it wasn't. Metroid Prime obviously was.
Omega Metroid:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

romulux

475. Posted:

another good video
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-action-metroid-ot...

i'm wondering how soon i'll have to start ignoring everything so i don't ruin the game in the last two weeks. i definitely don't want to read any reviews before playing myself.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

476. Posted:

I know, I don't like spoilers. I remember spoiling everything in Brawl except the Subspace Emissary and I regret doing that now because surprises make the gaming experience a lot better.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

477. Posted:

@ romulux. That trailer looks intense. My excitement just went up another notch. The slow motion scenes are especially cool.

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

478. Posted:

romulux wrote:

another good video
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-action-metroid-ot...

i'm wondering how soon i'll have to start ignoring everything so i don't ruin the game in the last two weeks. i definitely don't want to read any reviews before playing myself.

That video is really extreme!!!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

Adam

479. Posted:

Good trailer made awesome by the three-second theme at the end.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

romulux

480. Posted:

http://www.vooks.net/story-19453-Metroid-Other-M-hands-on-imp...
more impressions, nothing new but pretty positive