Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

FunderThucker

441. Posted:

Pfife-141 wrote:

Yes. If you pre-order the game from Walmart, you get a $20 gift card for Walmart.com. If you pre-order it from Amazon.com, you get $20 off your next videogame purchase. I could be wrong but heard Gamestop was offering a $10 gift card if you pre-order it there.

I think Gamestop is just offering the cards, but if I'm wrong then speak up.

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

442. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-metroid-other/...
An awesome, spoiler-filled (gameplay-wise) Japanese trailer for the game. Getting it for sure now.

That looks terrific. I found the first-person view in Prime and Prime 3 (couldn't be bothered with Prime 2) to be rather obstructionist and not an aide to exploring at all. The 3rd person view looks much better suited to Metroid. It also give the impression of being more action-packed than the endless walking around of Prime.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Adam

443. Posted:

Uhh, Pfife, I think you missed a joke somewhere. However, for the sake of playing along, I should add that there are no "facts" to get straight. I was just giving a (non-serious) opinion.

Plus, Zero Mission is far, far, far, far, far from the exact same game as the original. It has more in common with Super Metroid and Fusion, really, but it is very much its own game. And Hunters is no more linear than Prime 3 or any more non-traditional than Prime 1 was.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Cia

444. Posted:

Metroid Zero mission has almost as much common with the nes Metroid as Super Mario World has with Super Mario Bros 1.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

445. Posted:

@Sean Doesn't it? That footage is what finally pushed me over the edge. Again, people, beware of spoilers.

Metroid Prime Hunters single-player was slightly disappointing, but it was made by NST, and at least they nailed the multiplayer. A 3DS Metroid FPA by Retro with Wi-Fi would inherently be nothing short of amazing, though.

Dude I had Zero Mission when I was a kid and sold it along with Sonic Battle, A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords, and heaven knows what other GBA classics. My uncle's friend was letting him borrow Fusion, and I played it but didn't know enough to buy it from him at the time. Those are some of my most regretful gaming moments.

EDIT: http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1111851p1.html
The above are Five Things IGN AU Loves About Metroid: Other M, for what their opinion's worth.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

446. Posted:

romulux wrote:

i agree with you on the bounty hunter corniness, but when it comes to gameplay i think it tops the other two in a lot of ways. the art direction, especially in skytown, is unbelievable and i think it's got the best and most varied worlds to explore out of the three. i don't get the dumbed down FPS thing; aside from the federation trooper sequences, it's still the same old metroid exploration. the few alterations are pretty innovative and feel very metroid-like, like the expanded grapple beam abilities and remote control over your ship. if it weren't for those silly characters and lame cinema scenes, i'd say it's the best one in a heartbeat.

i agree the art direction was great. i didnt mean a dumbed down FPS, i mean a dumbed down First Person Adventure. It felt more focused on the combat and streamlined the exploration too much, and made power ups and other things too easy to find. I agree that it had some great gameplay ideas, hyper mode was fun even though it was unbalanced and made the game easy if you knew how to exploit it. Over all though, i just felt they tried to streamline it too much to make it so noobs could handle it better...they broke it into bite sized chunks. it just didnt flow for me.

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

447. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-metroid-other/...
An awesome, spoiler-filled (gameplay-wise) Japanese trailer for the game. Getting it for sure now.

That looks terrific. I found the first-person view in Prime and Prime 3 (couldn't be bothered with Prime 2) to be rather obstructionist and not an aide to exploring at all. The 3rd person view looks much better suited to Metroid. It also give the impression of being more action-packed than the endless walking around of Prime.

**SPOILERS**
**SPOILERS**
**SPOILERS**

correct me if im wrong guys, but at the end of this trailer, isnt than an Omega metroid??? in the CG part, it roars...

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

448. Posted:

SPOILERS ABOVE (I think)

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

449. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

SPOILERS ABOVE (I think)

yeah its spoilers...to be honest im sad i watched that video...it showed all the power ups and a lot of the bosses

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

450. Posted:

Sorry, but I tried to warn you. I only watched partway myself, and am trying to forget even the little I saw. I should probably take it down?

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

pikku

451. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

Sorry, but I tried to warn you. I only watched partway myself, and am trying to forget even the little I saw. I should probably take it down?

no, keep it up, just put more spoiler tags.
if they're smart like me they won't watch it :3

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Adam

452. Posted:

If that spoiler is true, I will be very pleased, despite how little sense it would make.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

453. Posted:

Out of curiosity, is the spoiler from Fusion?

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Adam

454. Posted:

Nope.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

455. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Nope.

although it was in fusion too hehe.

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Adam

456. Posted:

Oh? I don't remember. Haven't played Fusion in forever. That doesn't seem to make any sense, but... it's a video game. Well, let's just say the spoiler is not specifically related to Fusion, then, Odnetnin.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

457. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Oh? I don't remember. Haven't played Fusion in forever. That doesn't seem to make any sense, but... it's a video game. Well, let's just say the spoiler is not specifically related to Fusion, then, Odnetnin.

At the end of Fusion when you are running to your ship an Omega metroid pops out and attacks. You almost die but the 'X parasite samus' attacks it and weakens it (just like the metroid in super metroid for mother brain) and then you destroy it.
It does make sense though, you discover towards the end in Fusion that the Federation was actually secretly studying the metroids and growing one in the lab on the ship you were on, and it turned out to be an Omega. So my guess is that something similar might happen in this one.

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Adam

458. Posted:

Possible spoilers above
Though seriously, this is Metroid. Plot is inconsequential compared to atmosphere (and character, in the GBA games) in all but the Prime games.

Yea, I remembered that after I posted, but since it may be an Other M spoiler for some, I didn't want to go into specifics.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

459. Posted:

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW***(related to Metroid Fusion)

I originally thought it was an omega metroid but now im more inclined to believe that it might be the SA-X form fusion...at the end when you fought the SA-X it transformed into its monster form which looks like this Untitled

END SPOILERS

To be honest it could be either, or neither. Just some speculation. Wish I hadnt seen that though, now my mind is thinking of scenarios lol

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

460. Posted:

Welcome to NintendoLife, RememberMe. :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(