Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,742

Adam

Super thanks for the heads-up, Pfife! I love Iwata Asks, and I've especially been looking forward to this one.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Odnetnin

"Kitaura:
He stood close to me, checking the monitors. When we'd shoot a particularly moving scene, I'd ask him 'How was that, Sakamoto-san?', but he'd be completely silent - again.
Iwata:
Just like when he saw the storyboards for the first time?
Kitaura:
Yes! (laughs) I was really worried, thinking 'Oh no, he doesn't like it...', but then when I peeked at his face, his eyes were full of tears.
Iwata:
Oh my...
Kitaura:
Well, the cinematic did show Samus in tights. (laughs)"

I love Japanese people.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

romulux

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22771313&postc...

"The Official Nintendo Magazine offered some of their latest overall impressions in their 12th podcast. They've played through a large portion of the game, but still haven't completed it yet. They said "it was everything you'd expect from a Metroid game, and then a couple of other things on top of it."

• Overall, the game is "gorgeous" and "absolutely enormous."
  • Some of the small new gameplay twists like the over-the-shoulder segments are a bit "strange" and "don't work that well."
  • Samus moves fantastically and there are lots of items to find, with plenty of morphballing navigation etc.
  • The game has "massive maps to explore."
  • Some of the music in the game is a "bit odd."
  • They said for those unsure, that the "dialogue is a bit cheesy at times" but it's "a great story" and should make up for any of those details.
  • While it can slow the game down a bit, for the purpose of exploring for clues or items, they said that the first person "works really well" (and e.g., works better than Prime Pinball).
  • Fans may question the developer's choices here and there, but overall, they are going to enjoy it."

it wouldn't be a metroid game if the music weren't odd, would it?

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

bryguy1919

@ Odnetnin. That picture is pretty epic. I wonder why IGN forgot to put Fusion and Prime 2: Echoes in as well.?

PSN: brrgpfife

RememberMe

romulux wrote:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22771313&postc...

"The Official Nintendo Magazine offered some of their latest overall impressions in their 12th podcast. They've played through a large portion of the game, but still haven't completed it yet. They said "it was everything you'd expect from a Metroid game, and then a couple of other things on top of it."

• Overall, the game is "gorgeous" and "absolutely enormous."
  • Some of the small new gameplay twists like the over-the-shoulder segments are a bit "strange" and "don't work that well."
  • Samus moves fantastically and there are lots of items to find, with plenty of morphballing navigation etc.
  • The game has "massive maps to explore."
  • Some of the music in the game is a "bit odd."
  • They said for those unsure, that the "dialogue is a bit cheesy at times" but it's "a great story" and should make up for any of those details.
  • While it can slow the game down a bit, for the purpose of exploring for clues or items, they said that the first person "works really well" (and e.g., works better than Prime Pinball).
  • Fans may question the developer's choices here and there, but overall, they are going to enjoy it."

it wouldn't be a metroid game if the music weren't odd, would it?

its great to hear the environments are enourmous, i was worried about that. and no, it wouldnt be metroid without strange and eerie music. this is going to kick so much ...

Edited on by theblackdragon

RememberMe

RememberMe

Pfife-141 wrote:

@ Odnetnin. That picture is pretty epic. I wonder why IGN forgot to put Fusion and Prime 2: Echoes in as well.?

probably cause they had no more room, zero mission is absent as well. you would think they should be on there before prime 3 is, since thats the worst metroid game (IMO) besides hunters

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

Gamesake

PhoenixFarron wrote:

I am very glad to hear that after you play this game, you'll feel like you know Samus Aran. She's always been a very intriguing character personally (at least, when she gets to talk).

I'm excited too. I hope she talks about feeling too intimidating to men and zero suit rash.

...in my pants.

Kingbuilder

@Gamesake

Those are some pretty weird fetishes, bud.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Adam

You guys are terrible excuses for Metroid fans. Yea, Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime 2 are missing in that picture, but the obvious omission is of course Metroid Prime Pinball.

(Okay, and Hunters, but Pinball amuses me more. Anyway, they skipped like half the games, most of which [i.e. not Pinball] are awesome, so obviously they weren't going for full series representation.)

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

bryguy1919

@ RememberMe. What didn't you like about Prime 3. I personally think its one of the Wii's best titles. Its strange how obvious the line is between Prime 3 haters and lovers.

@ Adam- Zero Mission is just a remake of the original Metroid.(same exact game). Metroid Prime Pinball is just a remake of a couple of locations from Metroid Prime. Get your facts straight. (and Metroid Prime Hunters is a very linear, non-traditional Metroid game compared to the others)

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnddddd were back to Other M thank you god

Edited on by bryguy1919

irken004

Adam wrote:

You guys are terrible excuses for Metroid fans. Yea, Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime 2 are missing in that picture, but the obvious omission is of course Metroid Prime Pinball.

(Okay, and Hunters, but Pinball amuses me more. Anyway, they skipped like half the games, most of which [i.e. not Pinball] are awesome, so obviously they weren't going for full series representation.)

As of right now, I prefer MP Pinball over MP 3.
MP 3 is ticking me off SO MUCH!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Hmm do you guys think this game will be good enough to warrant a pre order? I think that art folio looks spiffy :3

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

bryguy1919

Yes. If you pre-order the game from Walmart, you get a $20 gift card for Walmart.com. If you pre-order it from Amazon.com, you get $20 off your next videogame purchase. I could be wrong but heard Gamestop was offering a $10 gift card if you pre-order it there.

RememberMe

Pfife-141 wrote:

@ RememberMe. What didn't you like about Prime 3. I personally think its one of the Wii's best titles. Its strange how obvious the line is between Prime 3 haters and lovers.

@ Adam- Zero Mission is just a remake of the original Metroid.(same exact game). Metroid Prime Pinball is just a remake of a couple of locations from Metroid Prime. Get your facts straight. (and Metroid Prime Hunters is a very linear, non-traditional Metroid game compared to the others)

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnddddd were back to Other M thank you god

MP3 was a good game, however i didnt like how they broke the gameplay up the way they did. I thought the power ups and everything was a lot easier than the first 2 prime games. I didnt like the colonel, or the other bounty hunters. I thought just about everything in Prime 1 and Prime 2 was better, besides the controls, and now we have those in MPT. Basically i was expecting it to be the best game in the trilogy, what with improved graphics, great controls, and an end to the trilogy, and instead it was a dumbed down version of the other 2, and felt more like a first person shooter than a first person adventure. taken out of context of the series its a good/great game but compared to the other 2, it was just disappointing. And believe me, I really tried hard to like it, but it let me down for the most part. I thought the end was pretty cool though, and I liked some of the areas you went to.

Edited on by RememberMe

RememberMe

romulux

i agree with you on the bounty hunter corniness, but when it comes to gameplay i think it tops the other two in a lot of ways. the art direction, especially in skytown, is unbelievable and i think it's got the best and most varied worlds to explore out of the three. i don't get the dumbed down FPS thing; aside from the federation trooper sequences, it's still the same old metroid exploration. the few alterations are pretty innovative and feel very metroid-like, like the expanded grapple beam abilities and remote control over your ship. if it weren't for those silly characters and lame cinema scenes, i'd say it's the best one in a heartbeat.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

FunderThucker

Pfife-141 wrote:

Yes. If you pre-order the game from Walmart, you get a $20 gift card for Walmart.com. If you pre-order it from Amazon.com, you get $20 off your next videogame purchase. I could be wrong but heard Gamestop was offering a $10 gift card if you pre-order it there.

I think Gamestop is just offering the cards, but if I'm wrong then speak up.

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

Sean_Aaron

Odnetnin wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-metroid-other/...
An awesome, spoiler-filled (gameplay-wise) Japanese trailer for the game. Getting it for sure now.

That looks terrific. I found the first-person view in Prime and Prime 3 (couldn't be bothered with Prime 2) to be rather obstructionist and not an aide to exploring at all. The 3rd person view looks much better suited to Metroid. It also give the impression of being more action-packed than the endless walking around of Prime.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic