Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

romulux

401. Posted:

90's Gamer wrote:

Untitled

that image sends chills down my spine. spending 20 minutes to refill six energy tanks is not cool.

the concentrate move isn't worth getting worked up about. i think it'll be much more minor than people are making it out to be; it takes up to 10 complete seconds to perform, only refills one tank, and may only be available when your health is very low. in other words, it's an emergency stop gap until you reach a recharge station, not a casual way of refilling your health freely whenever you feel like it.

save stations are apparently the only way to completely refill, meaning that between stations you're pretty much on your own. if you're going to worry about anything, it should be that this game isn't f'ing around with the difficulty.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

402. Posted:

@romulux: It has already been said that you'll only be able to refill one energy tank via the concentration move only when your health is critical. The main purpose of it is to refill your missiles, not your health...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

romulux

403. Posted:

that's my point. when people heard there were no pickups they just assumed concentrate would cover everything; a lot of the people complaining about the move are looking at it as if it's the default way to refill your health, replacing pickups dropped by enemies in the other games, when really there is no comparable way to refill your health in this game (aside from stations).

no one's talking about the fact that this game is much more survival oriented because of the near total lack of health refills because we didn't know until recently how limited the concentrate move is. i think that's a much more interesting gameplay change than the concentrate move itself.

Edited on by romulux

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

404. Posted:

Must...not...give in to Other M...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

pikku

405. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

Must...give in to Other M...

fix'd :D

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

406. Posted:

Less than 3 weeks!!!!!!

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

romulux

407. Posted:

Untitled
this might be the first post-zero suit samus that looks like a real person

AuthorMessage

pikku

408. Posted:

romulux wrote:

Untitled
this might be the first post-zero suit samus that looks like a real person

sooooooo HAWT :O

pikku

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

409. Posted:

pikmaniac02 wrote:

Man!! If you think thats 'HAWT' you wanna pop your head out of your bedroom window and try checking out some real women,they'll blow your mind! :O

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

irken004

410. Posted:

She looks pretty generic in that photo. Since when does she wear a headset piece?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

pikku

411. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

pikmaniac02 wrote:

Man!! If you think thats 'HAWT' you wanna pop your head out of your bedroom window and try checking out some real women,they'll blow your mind! :O

;)

pikku

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

412. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

She looks pretty generic in that photo. Since when does she wear a headset piece?

Did you not know???!!! After defeating Mother Brain she temped for a while at a call centre selling life insurance. It'll all come out in the cut scenes,you'll see.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

413. Posted:

Well, she looks more real.....

I don't know why, but I have a Strong feeling that this Game is going to Fail....

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

romulux

414. Posted:

at least give it a chance. if you expect it to fail going in then that's probably what you'll come away with. also, weird choice of capitalization there.

i think this new samus is just as good as the metroid prime model:
Untitled

AuthorMessage

JGMR

415. Posted:

Nice art. :)

Untitled

Here's more of the same artist..

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

416. Posted:

@romulux: That's one awesome cover...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

417. Posted:

hey im new here. been reading this thread. i will chime in by saying this game looks awesome. sakamoto knows his stuff, this will be a good game. if the story is worth its salt, it might be another classic.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

418. Posted:

@RememberMe: Welcome aboard, sir. I agree with your assumption as well, and kudos on your screen name...

AuthorMessage

RememberMe

419. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@RememberMe: Welcome aboard, sir. I agree with your assumption as well, and kudos on your screen name...

thank you. i figured i'd make it something humorous lol

RememberMe

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

420. Posted:

The hands on impressions keep rollin' in. Even if the game isn't so hot, it will probably sell more than previous Metroid games due to the in depth coverage it is getting. If Nintendo advertised Metroid Prime 3 like this it might have broken the million dollar mark in the U.S.

PSN: brrgpfife