Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,742

Deviant_Mugen

I don't know about that; I believe it was explicitly stated before that the entirety of the game would take place aboard the bottle ship. I could be wrong, though...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

JGMR

Well we all soon find out the length of the game, hehe.

What jumped out in the article was i thought...

It is one of the main areas of the game.

Due to an unknown event possibly involving ULF 46, the Bottle Ship later explodes, possibly after a Countdown.

The fact that the Bottle Ship appears to be comprised of sectors mimicking various environments and seems to have been built to hold several species of creature make it seem very similar to the Biologic Space Laboratories research station in Other M's sequel, Metroid Fusion. However, unlike the BSL, the Bottle Ship's sectors are illusionary and not real environments at all.

So what you're walking, jumping and running through on that ship is actually unreal? LOL

Training area perhaps?

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Deviant_Mugen

No, the training part of that game just involves running through the various motions at the start of the game. They're comparing the Bottle ship to the BSL station from Fusion, except that on the bottle ship the various environments don't actually exist, but are holographic in nature. A few new impressions have noted that you can deactivate these holograms to explore the rooms you're currently in as they truly exist, and since the ship's split into (I believe) six different areas, that's plenty to explore.

Besides, I doubt that Adam's death will actually happen before the game's about to end. Who knows, though, we'll find out in 21 days...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

JGMR

Hehe, true

Another things though :

Missile expansions add only one missile

1 missile? What can that mean though? Will they be more powerful? Will there be a lot more of these expansions to be found? Interesting

My big question at the moment is, if the final code will be copied to the Dual Layered format medium? I guess it will be because of the size of such game, and the 2 hours worth of FMV ...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Deviant_Mugen

The latest impressions/articles have said that the game has only one hour worth of cut-scenes, as opposed to the original two. As for the missile expansion thing, according to some interviews they've said that there'll be item pick ups comparable to past Metroid titles, so that means that either A) you start off with quite a bit of missiles and make your way to 225 later, B) there'll be a crapload of missile expansions, or C) they were lying about that.

The one thing that still gets me is that enemies no longer drop any health/ammo pick ups. I'm sure I'll get over it once I start playing, though...

JGMR

OK, thanks for the info.

Metroid_Fan wrote:

The one thing that still gets me is that enemies no longer drop any health/ammo pick ups. I'm sure I'll get over it once I start playing, though...

Good point. It may become a problem in certain situations and/or areas were shooting down re-occuring enemies to revitalize health and ammo status could've been very very helpful.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Chrono_Cross

Metroid_Fan wrote:

A) you start off with quite a bit of missiles and make your way to 225 later, B) there'll be a crapload of missile expansions, or C) they were lying about that.

A) From the gameplay trailers you don't seem to start off with too many missiles. (Maybe 10 to 15 at the most I've seen.) B) Hopefully, lol. C) Hopefully not.

And yes the lack of enemies dropping health/ammo does bother me in a way. It's either going to be a reasonable difficulty that's fun and rewarding or it's going to be really annoying.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Adam

I thought it was already said that the game would have the usual 100 items to collect? If each missile expansion only adds 1, you'd never get to 255.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

JGMR

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

Adam

Space pirates...?

Come on, friends,

TheBaconator

Looks like that Space Pirate thing is a hologram.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Adam

Oh. Duh! Someone just mentioned that the Bottle Ship is filled with holograms. Doesn't make much sense that she'd fight holograms... but neat. I like the space pirates.

Come on, friends,

JGMR

Odnetnin wrote:

How do you download a trailer?

I use Firefox as a internet-browser, and the add-on Flash Video Downloader. Very handy to backup favourite video's which can go offline after a while.

So, if you're using firefox, i'd recommend it.

With kind regards,

JGMR

SuperPeach

I need to stop looking. it's spoiling too much.

SuperPeach

retired_account

Damn, I was hoping to pick this up day one but I'm leavin' in a week and I won't be able to play my Wii for a month or so. :/

retired_account

Deviant_Mugen

Adam wrote:

I thought it was already said that the game would have the usual 100 items to collect? If each missile expansion only adds 1, you'd never get to 255.

That's what I said, when I heard about missile expansions only adding one missile, Adam. Also, that hologram Space Pirate is part of a training module at the start of the game. It's been said that the various exotic environments are holographic simulations, but it wasn't explicitly stated anywhere that all the wildlife/enemies would be holographic as well. We'll have to see how it turns out in a few weeks...

romulux

90's Gamer wrote:

Untitled

that image sends chills down my spine. spending 20 minutes to refill six energy tanks is not cool.

the concentrate move isn't worth getting worked up about. i think it'll be much more minor than people are making it out to be; it takes up to 10 complete seconds to perform, only refills one tank, and may only be available when your health is very low. in other words, it's an emergency stop gap until you reach a recharge station, not a casual way of refilling your health freely whenever you feel like it.

save stations are apparently the only way to completely refill, meaning that between stations you're pretty much on your own. if you're going to worry about anything, it should be that this game isn't f'ing around with the difficulty.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: It has already been said that you'll only be able to refill one energy tank via the concentration move only when your health is critical. The main purpose of it is to refill your missiles, not your health...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic