Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,742

Hokori

ive got the poster a it RAWKS im keeping any Nintendo Posters from now On.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

xAlias

Yeah, the poster is AWESOME, cant wait for more!

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

NotEnoughGolds

Where are the NintendoLife first impressions?

Uh, I mean... second impressions, I guess.

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

romulux

they didn't bother updating their impressions since they said demo they played a few weeks back was apparently the same as the first one they tried. i don't know what's going on this week, but it seems like everyone else got their hands on a more current build.

click "more" for a few new screens: http://metroid.jp/#/control/
it's finally looking like it'll give the art direction in prime a run for it's money

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Adam

Thanks, 90's Gamer! That's probably the best footage I've seen so far of cinematics and game play. Not that the game play looked anything special, but it was long, continuous footage of someone who doesn't completely suck, so it gave a better feel for how the game will go. Voice acting wasn't too bad.

I understand now how the Kotaku guy feels about Samus being portrayed as weak, though. When she says my words "pierced her heart," and then she gets pushed back like a kid when the soldiers step back -- it doesn't seem to mesh. Seems an odd personality for someone who moments later when these same soldiers have all given up, single-handedly blasts open the door with no effort at all.

But I can live with it! And I'm sure she'll get stronger as Metroid: The Movie goes on, even though I feel she should be stronger already after all she's been through.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Deviant_Mugen

Man, you guys lied to me! The Other: M poster was included in the retail version of Nintendo Power! I just bought one today because I saw that sweet sticker and the poster in the back. Glad it turned out to not be true, though, I didn't want to miss out because I still haven't managed to subscribe to NP...

@90's+Gamer: Thanks for posting that vid, man...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

retired_account

Yeah that's some good footage. I agree with Adam, the "pierced my heart" line is typical Japanese cheese, but y'know, whatever. I like the tension between her and Adam (not the weird one).

I'm still not really crazy about combat though. I don't like having to run around like my crazy hyperactive terrier trying to orient Samus towards an enemy. I wish there was a way to strafe or something. :/

retired_account

Deviant_Mugen

What?! Lame, I didn't get to watch it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

pikku

that was a great video.
glad I watched it before it got taken down
this video mad eme dicide that I will like the combat. the VO weren't that bad either, so they won't be an issue

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

bryguy1919

Its unfortunate that most of the trailers and gameplay clips are from the Japanese version. They need to translate them.

PSN: brrgpfife

JGMR

Damn. Well here's the same trailer, which i am downloading, just in case.
[youtube:f2QN0NFn-Vw]

With kind regards,

JGMR

Deviant_Mugen

@90's+Gamer: Thanks for the new link...

SuperPeach

Cool video, I hate those federation guys already though.

SuperPeach

romulux

go nintendo impressions: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=132622

"The biggest concerns I hear among gamers are about the controls; specifically the lack of nunchuk support. Who'd have guessed that making the controls essentially as complex as the SNES would cause the uproar it has? After an hour with them in a number of situations, you can rest assured that things do work just fine... in Other M's case, they have adjusted the sensitivity so it's pretty easy to predict and achieve any trajectory with Samus as you're playing."

most people like the controls so far.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

bryguy1919

That video is awesome. Go to www.gametrailers.com if you want to watch every Metroid: Other M video released so far.

PSN: brrgpfife

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: Thanks for the link, those were some great impressions...

JGMR

Interesting:

Bottleship

It will be ONE of the ereas, so she will probably leave the ship, landing on another planet...(as usual)

With kind regards,

JGMR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic