Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

321. Posted:

@hulk: If it's a generic dark creature, then it should be easy to handle. I'm still drawing a blank on what it could be, though, it's been a while since I played through Echoes...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

322. Posted:

Yeah I wil look up for a picture of the monster or something else, maybe I can found it.

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

323. Posted:

Go for it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

324. Posted:

Untitled

ok I think is THAT one!

AuthorMessage

romulux

325. Posted:

you've got to hit him with a charged up light beam at the right time. if you have the dark visor you'll be able to see when he's vulnerable, otherwise just blast randomly or run away.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

326. Posted:

OK that I'll try that!

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

327. Posted:

Someone should make a thread in which people who can post if they've preordered it, and then we can shun those who haven't! :D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

328. Posted:

@hulk: Ah, now I see; I kept thinking of those little blob ing for some reason, but those have no tentacles. Yeah, just do what romulux said...

@king: Why create a separate thread when we can do that here? :P

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

329. Posted:

Well I have a HUGE list of Wii games I want to buy, some are out now, some will be out these year, and some the next year. Of course the list is so HUGE, that I can't buy all o im thinking into deleting somes, 1 or 2. But I think I won't delete these one :D, it looks really awesome! I hope it has multiplayer!

Edited on by hulklol123456789

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

330. Posted:

This is going to be the wii's best game of the year along with Super Mario Galaxy 2. So far this is seeming like an under-rated game with lots of people needlessly complaining and twisting information about the game to make it seem worse than it really is. The same thing happened with the Prime series in 2002 and those 3 games are some of the best the Gamecube/Wii have to offer. This new take on the series will continue the Metroid greatness of both the Prime games and the older, more traditional Metroid games. August 31st can't come soon enough.

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

331. Posted:

I've been listening to a guy on Youtube under "Metroid Metal" or whatever, and he is really good! I recommend listening to him if your a Metroid fan if you haven't already.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

pikku

332. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

I've been listening to a guy on Youtube under "Metroid Metal" or whatever, and he is really good! I recommend listening to him if your a Metroid fan if you haven't already.

yes he is :)

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

irken004

333. Posted:

More of IGN's updated impressions.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

334. Posted:

Hmmm...... I read a similar preview the other day. I'm a bit worried about the controls now and that auto targeting sounds rubbish, can we turn it off? And I can't turn when in 1st person WTF?
Another thing that has been bothering me is the way she runs.It just looks weird to me,this is obviously because of the D-pad but I cannot understand why they have gone down the NES controller style route when a nunchuck option seems like the obvious choice for this game,even if it is 2D in nature.
Ah well, I shall await some reviews before getting this I think.Hope it turns out good as I really like what they have tried to do, just hope they pull it off! :O

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Adam

335. Posted:

Yet another hands-on saying the controls aren't what they should be. I wish they'd kept this side-scrolling since they're going with the NES-style controls.

And the game tells you when there's a secret? Oh boy. I sure hope I can turn this off.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

336. Posted:

Yep I agree @Adam. If they wanted the NES style controls they should have kept it ,ya know, NES style gameplay! :D.
Oh well I reckon there will be a new 'proper' 2D Metroid game before long, be it on WiiWare or whatever.Nintendo has shown a lot of love for 2D this generation so they would be daft not to update Metroid in this way too. Hope so anyway!

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

romulux

337. Posted:

most of this sounds awesome:

• Speed upgrades increase the rate of the charge beam.
  • The game is mostly gameplay NOT cinematics. As in, an hour or more stretches without a single cutscene.
  • That said, there will be small real-time cutscenes (similar to Prime), but these seem to be thinly placed.
  • You cannot skip cutscenes.(Not sure about successive play-throughs though)
  • You can dodge while in first person.
  • Deactivating holographic generators reveals new areas to explore.
  • The music seems to be mostly atmospheric, but should include lots of remixes.
  • The auto-aim function can hit enemies from very far away, but missiles have a limited range.
  • Samus turns slowly in first person.
  • There will be sequences that can result in instant-death (such as one involving an elevator).
  • There are both save points and continue points. Continue points occur more frequently, and usually right next to difficult sequences.
    http://metroid-database.com/

Pfife-141 wrote:

So far this is seeming like an under-rated game with lots of people needlessly complaining and twisting information about the game to make it seem worse than it really is.

i agree, although obviously we don't if it's underrated yet. people are complaining about the D pad as if it's going to ruin the entire game, but in all honesty even if it is awkward to use it'll wind up being a mild annoyance more than a game killer. very few games out there control perfectly, and i'd say that even the wii versions of the prime games have their quibbles, but a few faults here and there don't prevent them from being great games. even in the worst case scenario where everything the naysayers have been lamenting about other m is true, it'll still likely be a great game.

here is a load of new impressions that reinforce the fact that the worst case scenario isn't going to happen, and they're all pretty worth reading. that ign one is the only one with straight negative impressions of the controls-

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3180732

http://nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/23827

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/metroid-other-m/preview/metroid...

http://www.destructoid.com/getting-that-retro-feeling-with-me...
this one goes into more detail about the concentrate move. apparently, like the crystal flash, you can only refill your health with it when you're about to die. it means that save stations are the only real way to refill your health, which makes sense of this decision for me; the game will be much more tense when the health you have at the moment is all there's going to be. you have to move through the ship much more cautiously, which matches perfectly with the mood of the cutscenes we've seen. it's one of those things that really should put you in samus' head and make you feel how she would in that situation.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Adam

338. Posted:

Regarding 2D Metroid... I don't know. They haven't put any games of that scale on WiiWare. I don't see any reason to expect that, as much as I'd welcome it. And with the shift to the 3D in portable, it's looking kind of bleak.

But all fingers shall remain firmly crossed -- though I wouldn't mind another Prime game on Wii or 3DS if they incorporated some Hunters-style multiplayer and went back to a Prime 1-style adventure.

Edit: Thanks for the details, Romulux. Aside from the auto-aim info, that does all sound great, especially the "concentration" info.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Adam

339. Posted:

Untitled

Samus and her boyfriend, class of 86.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

340. Posted:

Adam wrote:

And the game tells you when there's a secret? Oh boy. I sure hope I can turn this off.

I think it'll be more like in the Prime games how when you were near a pick-up it made a low humming sound.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988