Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,742

Adam

August 30th is pretty soon. And as we already know from a reliable source, the game isn't going to be good anyway.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

irken004

weirdadam wrote:

And as we already know from a reliable source, the game isn't going to be good anyway.

Wait, who said that?

I'm considering trading in some games to fully pay off the preorder for it.

Adam

Sakam*to got really drunk last night and told me. I wasn't supposed to name him, so being the censorship that I am, I've cleverly obfuscated his name.

Come on, friends,

turtlelink

weirdadam wrote:

Sakam*to got really drunk last night and told me. I wasn't supposed to name him, so being the censorship that I am, I've cleverly obfuscated his name.

My brain hurts.... what can be the missing constant in that name? D:

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Adam

Hint: The letter is "xt".

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

romulux

i noticed amazon now has a "deliver on release date "option now (or maybe i never noticed it before?) that doesn't cost much more than normal shipping. i preordered it's brains out like silly.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

Don't want the art book, romulux?

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

i would, but the $20 credit helps me justify buying all these games this year.... let me know what i'm missing

Deviant_Mugen

Yeah, I, too wondered whether I should opt for the Amazon pre-order instead, but ultimately I decided I wanted the artwork. Also, will do...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

pikku

I hope I can save up enough Money to pre-order this. i wantz me teh art booklet

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Deviant_Mugen

As someone who was penniless up until last week, I, too, hope that you can gather up the money you need in time, pikmaniac...

romulux

more new videos to belittle and complain about- http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30538

there's a total of 4 and they show a lot of the earlier dialog, so you may be spoiling the beginning sequence by watching it. i never wanted a story heavy metroid but i've got to say, i'm really looking forward to seeing it all.

you can see an extra level of visual polish, since this is probably the final or near final version of the game. the auto aim looks to be pretty effective yet unobtrusive, so much so that you can hear the player say he didn't even realize it was auto targeting until a few minutes in. too bad he doesn't know how to work the charge beam or wall jump for shhi.....

Edited on by romulux

Machu

Worried about this. Those recent videos reminded me of PN03, with the old random-hammering-of-A-button to kill. I loved PN03, but... this is Metroid.

/worried :/

Rawr!

Adam

Hmm, I think that's one trailer I'll avoid. The game is too close (5 weeks!) to uncover actual plot details, however minor.

I don't think I've ever been half this excited about a game that consistently makes me wonder if it'll be any good at all.

Come on, friends,

romulux

i think at this point i've already ruined the first half hour of gameplay. it's nintendo's fault for not releasing it last month.

Adam

Haha, true.

I've got to say, the Comic Con videos did not look hot at all. I was starting to regret my preorder even, until I remembered that it's likely the very beginning of the game, made even more boring by the fact that the player in the videos sucks. Hopefully the first half hour isn't all empty rooms with the occasional short-lived ambush.

Come on, friends,

Deviant_Mugen

This game will be great, Adam. Just keep telling yourself that, it'll end up being true...

@romulux: Indeed, I could've been playing this already, instead of being baited with spoilers...

romulux

Adam wrote:

Hopefully the first half hour isn't all empty rooms with the occasional short-lived ambush.

opening with a lot of silent tension is classic metroid. you don't know what's going on yet or what you're going to see, and filling the rooms up with enemies at the start would kill that quality. when you're playing in person i'm sure it'll be a lot creepier to wander through those dark corridors than just watching a video.

Adam

I suggested nothing of the sort. I just said I hope the first half hour isn't like that, which I of course don't actually suspect.

Come on, friends,

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic