Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

romulux

181. Posted:

yeah, it's fine. i got irked by all the negative comments because the game looks really good to me, but most people are focusing on the few potential problems it might have instead of all the awesome things it seems to be getting right.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

182. Posted:

Might be some of us cannot see any awesome things there. Anyway I really hope to be wrong.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

JGMR

183. Posted:

I've seen a seven-minute play-session of it. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the game of the year, if not it'll be amongst other classics that will be released on the Wii (DKC and Goldeneye).

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Mizore

184. Posted:

This wasn't really answered for me yet...so....

...IS SCANNING GOING TO BE IN THIS GAME?! lol
seriously though, loved scanning creatures and all that as well as the lore and reading that stuff. XD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

SilentJ

185. Posted:

I'm currently playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy in anticipation of Other M. I never did beat the Omega Pirate boss in the original gamecube version of Metroid Prime but I finally did so today. He was a lot easier than I remember. Got the Phazon suit! :D Can't wait to actually finish the game this time around.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

186. Posted:

@BellGoRiiing: It looks like scanning will be in the game, but not on the same scale as in the Prime games...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Mizore

187. Posted:

Yeah, looked like it in some trailers, but couldn't tell for sure. Wondering how it'll be different though...as long as that "logbook" is there then I'll be fine. XD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

188. Posted:

From what's been shown so far it just helps you identify pickups and blastable stuff...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

sykotek

189. Posted:

I dunno if this counts as hype for Other M, but Amazon is giving $20 towards a future gaming purchase and they don't charge tax or shipping in most places. I preordered and bought a ton of(...exaggeration, about 10) games with $10 and $20 back towards future titles already, good stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Metroid-Other-M-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC...

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

romulux

190. Posted:

scanning was fun in metroid prime, but if you're ocd like me it's hard to walk through a single area without scanning absolutely everything first. this time it'll be nice to have the luxury of ignoring the background data and just playing the game.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

191. Posted:

I thought scanning everything was fun. One of the reasons I didn't enjoy (as much) playing through on the same file in Corruption is because all your scans carry over from your previous play-through...

AuthorMessage

JGMR

192. Posted:

Maybe this time there will be 'fronthoppers' instead of sidehoppers! The hoppers in Corruption were lame in my opinion :(

Untitled

Sweet, isn't it? <3

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

romulux

193. Posted:

i remember thinking some of the enemies were ugly when the game was first shown, but after playing super metroid again you can see a lot of the same color schemes. for example, these guys: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/6/61/Metroid...
...have been around for a while: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SzmA6XmxuMM/SGcFfrUCnAI/AAAAAAAAAJw...

a lot of the enemies and environments in super metroid had ugly color schemes if you stop and think about it, but they were purposefully ugly. the odd color combination added to the sense of discomfort and gave the game a strange beauty. i'm hoping other m feels the same way when you're actually playing it.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

194. Posted:

Check out the fantastic artwork...

Untitled

Familiar faces (& legs)! :D

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Adam

195. Posted:

Thanks for the link, 90s Gamer. I forgot about that site. Used to check it all the time when it was sort of new.

Whoa, I remember that guy!

Looking at the other images from that link, I really like the short-hair Samus look. Between her long history with bikinis, a recent fascination with plug suits, and Team Ninja's involvement, I don't think anyone would have expected this understated look.

She looks a bit too young and brash to have twice eradicated Mother Brain and her space pirate henchmen plus destroyed a planet and a whole species of killer parasites, but it's a marked improvement over the generic Hollywood image of sexy-lady-turned-warrior.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

196. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

but it's a marked improvement over the generic Hollywood image of sexy-lady-turned-warrior.

Hehe, yes. Typical Japanese design :p

90%27s+Gamer wrote:

Maybe this time there will be 'fronthoppers' instead of sidehoppers! The hoppers in Corruption were lame in my opinion :(

Untitled

Sweet, isn't it? <3

Untitled

Why do i have the feeling that this is going to be a very difficult game? :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Adam

197. Posted:

Even if it is easy, I'll just be happy to finally get revenge on the hoppers for all those lives they cost me in Metroid.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

JGMR

198. Posted:

romulux wrote:

i remember thinking some of the enemies were ugly when the game was first shown, but after playing super metroid again you can see a lot of the same color schemes. for example, these guys: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/6/61/Metroid...
...have been around for a while: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SzmA6XmxuMM/SGcFfrUCnAI/AAAAAAAAAJw...

a lot of the enemies and environments in super metroid had ugly color schemes if you stop and think about it, but they were purposefully ugly. the odd color combination added to the sense of discomfort and gave the game a strange beauty. i'm hoping other m feels the same way when you're actually playing it.

I checked that out, but it seems incorrect i'm afraid. No wonder! they look amazingly similar. These creatures are the Rios :

Metroid :

Untitled
Untitled

Super Metroid :

Untitled

Other M :

Untitled

I called them always the 'cabbage-wings'

Nevertheless, the Ki-Hunters do make a re-appearance...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

romulux

199. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

She looks a bit too young and brash to have twice eradicated Mother Brain and her space pirate henchmen plus destroyed a planet and a whole species of killer parasites

that look is from her earlier days before she became a badass. i think it's supposed to be when she was still a soldier, which is well before even the first metroid. her pony tail/zero suit look is what she's had since going solo as a bounty hunter.

90%27s+Gamer wrote:

I checked that out, but it seems incorrect i'm afraid. No wonder! they look amazingly similar.

i could tell they were different bugs, but i couldn't find a big photo of the rios, so i used the hunter. they've got the same color scheme anyway.

also, i simultaneously bow to and pity someone with as much metroid knowledge as me. :)

AuthorMessage

Adam

200. Posted:

Huh?? Sakamoto constantly talks about how this is set between Super Metroid and Fusion, how could it be before the first Metroid?

Come on, friends,