Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,742

grumblebuzzz

Can we please just let this die? Some people out there (like me) enjoyed the game and while it did have it's flaws, it's very frustrating for fans of the series as a whole to see all of the negative hype it's accrued based on a few overly emotional cutscenes. It makes me fear for the future of Metroid; don't be surprised if we don't see a new game till 2016 or later now.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Deviant_Mugen

@Mully: I, too, wish that this pointless debate would just die off, but clearly people just can't agree to disagree. Some loved this game and some hated it, let's just leave it at that. I'm sure the next game in the series will most likely play it safe, since that's what always happens after Nintendo releases an experimental game, only to have the "fans" toss it back in their faces...

@pixelman: Other M is the latest game in the series to be released, but it isn't the latest in the timeline, that would be Metroid Fusion...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

kkslider5552000

yeah, any problems this game may have caused are kinda made void by Fusion anyway.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

retired_account

@Gamesake: I guess I can live with that. It would've been nice if the game emphasized that (hell I don't even think it mentioned it), but oh well. It's not like the game was well-made or anything. :3

@Straw: Oh right, for some reason I had it in my head that Fusion was right before Other M, but it's the other way around. D'oh. Still, all of the other games in the series precede it chronologically... Which are a lot.

@kkslider: Yeah, I'm hoping Nintendo will forget Other M and future Metroid games will be after Fusion. :3

retired_account

Joeynator3000

Why can't we all complain about Prime Trilogy...or Donkey Kong Country Returns? xD

Seriously, you people are still blabbering about the game's flaws or how "terrible" it is?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

WiiAboutU

irken004 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Why are we getting ass shots of Samus in emotionally charged scenes?

Have you seen dat ass?

Yes I did. I'd like to give Samus my charged beam. lol

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

bonesy91 wrote:

I salute anyone who has managed to get through this entire game without going insane from boredom...

I mean I really am trying to get into this game. I've never had the chance to play a metroid game before this one
I'm at the Snow place and was just wondering, does the story become more i don't now, interesting?

Sorry bonesy91 the story is flat and boring the whole way through. And I'm sorry this was your first Metroid experience, it's the worst title to represent the series. You would've been much better off with the NES original. Or with my recommendation of Super Metroid, which I believe to be the best in the series. Both are available on VC. For me the 3D aspect completely ruins the original gameplay and feeling of exploration that the series was known for. If you want to try out a title for the first time, your most likely better off with the originals.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

kkslider5552000 wrote:

don't blame 3d, generic nostalgia man

Sorry, but I will blame modernisations in the gaming world for destroying gameplay. Immersion no longer feels like an achievement, it's just more immersive. And as for nostalgia, it's one of the biggest reasons why games even get additional entries into their series.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SwerdMurd

WiiAboutU wrote:

Immersion no longer feels like an achievement, it's just more immersive.

Please don't describe things anymore.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Chrono_Cross

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Seriously, you people are still blabbering about the game's flaws or how "terrible" it is?

I honestly couldn't agree more but dude, think, it's the internet.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

WiiAboutU

LosAngeloTip wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

If you can word it better, then more power to you buddy. I'm going to keep describing how I feel, to the best of my abilities. Sorry about your luck, it's too bad and so sad.

LordJumpMad

WiiAboutU wrote:

LosAngeloTip wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

If you can word it better, then more power to you buddy. I'm going to keep describing how I feel, to the best of my abilities. Sorry about your luck, it's too bad and so sad.

Untitled
You sir, are being a very unsuccessful Troll.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

WiiAboutU

OK? Sure buddy...... I really don't even know where to start, so I won't.

retired_account

theblackdragon wrote:

Guys, knock it off — either discuss M:OM or stop posting in this topic.

Yes, let's get back on topic.

Other M sucks, RAWR!

retired_account

SKTTR

Metroid Prime Trilogy is not a Metroid game, it's just some first person shooter. I agree that Other M is a million times better.
But what can I do, I love all Metroid games - it's just that Super Metroid and Other M are so brilliant compared to the rest.

The only reason I gave Metroid Prime Trilogy a 10/10 is because it's three 9/10 games combined.
Other M solely on its own is a 10/10, just like Super Metroid.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Gamesake

Mully wrote:

Some people out there (like me) enjoyed the game and while it did have it's flaws, it's very frustrating for fans of the series as a whole to see all of the negative hype it's accrued based on a few overly emotional cutscenes.

The cutscenes are only part of what's eating at people. Other M was very short, super linear (discourages exploration), and others have voiced hating lethal strike and not being able to fire missiles in third person. On top of that it also has a game ending glitch (that's a problem).

Mully wrote:

don't be surprised if we don't see a new game till 2016 or later now.

That's a long time. Yoshio Sakamoto might die of old age by then.

SKTTR wrote:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is not a Metroid game, it's just some first person shooter.

Metroid Prime isn't a FPS it's a first person platformer. You jump as much as you shoot, and you don't even have to aim--sounds like old Metroid to me.

...in my pants.

kkslider5552000

SKTTR wrote:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is not a Metroid game

early 2002 called, they want their first impressions back

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Meta-Rift

SKTTR wrote:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is not a Metroid game, it's just some first person shooter. I agree that Other M is a million times better.
But what can I do, I love all Metroid games - it's just that Super Metroid and Other M are so brilliant compared to the rest.

The only reason I gave Metroid Prime Trilogy a 10/10 is because it's three 9/10 games combined.
Other M solely on its own is a 10/10, just like Super Metroid.

Metroid Prime is the most flawless transition to 3D I've ever seen in a video game, and that's a huge accomplishment considering how much of a masterpiece Super Metroid was. More than anything else, Other M is a button-mashing shoot 'em up that happens to take place in the Metroid universe.

Meta-Rift

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic