Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,581. Posted:

I've seen the softer side of Samus too and while it wasn't the best experience I've ever had, I found controlling her for the short 10 hour excursion satisfying enough. I wouldn't mind playing through more of her crazy; such as, the postpartum depression, her Electra complex, and the post-traumatic stress disorder. Though that all does seem like a lot to pile onto one person-even if they are a cyborg.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,582. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I've seen the softer side of Samus too and while it wasn't the best experience I've ever had, I found controlling her for the short 10 hour excursion satisfying enough. I wouldn't mind playing through more of her crazy; such as, the postpartum depression, her Electra complex, and the post-traumatic stress disorder. Though that all does seem like a lot to pile onto one person-even if they are a cyborg.

I agree completely. I just want it better written. Hire a great writer (probably a japanese writer for obvious reasons) from outside of the game industry if necessary.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,583. Posted:

KingBroly wrote:

You hit the game ending glitch I'm afraid. My advice to you is to download a completed game save and restart (if it's your first time through the game). Skip the cutscenes until you get back to where you were, but after that continue playing.

I didn't know anything like this WWW.wiisave.com even existed. Thanks a lot! Not only did I find a file that was the next area after the cut scene i missed but it was also a complete file so I could see the movie I missed. Believe me I am now very happy! Got lucky on this one!:-)

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,584. Posted:

makes you wonder... why doesn't nintendo just do something like this? it seems so impractical to send your whole system to them and have your data operated on instead of just putting a quick download up for your SD card on the official site.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,585. Posted:

I'm gonna start playing it today finally. Forget beating Super Metroid beforehand. I'm playing in sadness of me leaving NL.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,586. Posted:

The voice acting and story so far is both hilariously and monotonously cheesy and uninspired. Ironically the cutscenes look gorgeous, but at the cost of my Wii sounding like it's choking to death half the time when I'm playing.

The gameplay is kind of neat (Wiimote only for a third-person action game and all), but aside from sensemove and overblast the combat basically consists of pressing '1' a lot and moving Samus around from time to time. Concentration move is ridiculous and stupid (why even kill enemies if they don't yield any health?), as is "Samus decides follow Adam's orders and not use Weapon X," which made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it.

There is a certain sense of intrigue of exploring this abandoned space facility, I admit, but I'm sure actual horror games like Dead Space do this much better. Me being sure that I've spent more time watching cutscenes than playing the game so far draws comparisons to MSG4, but with such rave reviews I would hope that executes "gaming as an interactive movie" better than this. Uncharted 2 also has seamless transitions from gameplay to cutscenes, but that game is so mind-blowing I hesitate to use it and Metroid in the same post. :P

So far what I'm getting from it is that it's a decent or even a good action game, but the other consoles do this type of game much better and I wouldn't want to play most of those now after experiencing this. Metroid: Other M is the case for Nintendo not trying to create another epic, cinematic roller-coaster of a game and instead focusing on what they do best: fun.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,587. Posted:

I'd like for Nintendo to try and do another story-driven Metroid game if they don't have Sakamoto write it and allow for their treehouse to translate it well, and have better voice acting. However, the story needs to be a couple of things next time:

• Less intrusive
  • Less cutscene heavy

Also, in terms of "characterizing" Samus, Other M does nothing new. All it basically does is turn her from an angsty-teenager Bounty Hunter into a woman Bounty Hunter. No, I'm not joking. Well, at least that's what Other M wants you to believe.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,588. Posted:

I find this interview with the voice of Samus hilarious.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-voice-metroid-oth...
She even states she had "no previous contact with Metroid"

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,589. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I find this interview with the voice of Samus hilarious.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-voice-metroid-oth...

I'm trying not to fall asleep...

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,590. Posted:

At least you can't say she was reading off the page anymore.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Faildude

1,591. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

So?

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,592. Posted:

Faildude wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

So?

Well...it might've helped her get into character a little bit to at least watch the intro of Super Metroid.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

1,593. Posted:

I am LOVING this game. I've gotten to the giant, brown, maneating worms.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

1,594. Posted:

Yes, I concur Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the better game, or the best game 2010...

• 10/10

...but Metroid: Other M is my personal favourite game this year.

• 10/10

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,595. Posted:

VolpeStella wrote:

I am LOVING this game. I've gotten to the giant, brown, maneating worms.

Oooh, awesome boss! Glad you're loving the game :)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

1,596. Posted:

I just got this game for Christmas. It'll be a nice mix up from the Prime games, definitely. :)

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,597. Posted:

I personally don't wanna go back to THIS discussion but while the next game definitely needs far better writing, I really do hope they don't abandon having more narrative in the next Metroid game/s.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,598. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I personally don't wanna go back to THIS discussion but while the next game definitely needs far better writing, I really do hope they don't abandon having more narrative in the next Metroid game/s.

Agreed. I think the narrative elements just need to be more balanced. I don't want to see any dialogue or cutscenes that don't absolutely have to be in there.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,599. Posted:

I just thought of something. Samus Aran from Metroid: Other M and Dana Walsh from season 8 of 24 have much in common other than getting hatred by fans (I'm not one of those fans).

1) following someone's authorities for no apparent reason.
Samus, why do you need permission from Adam to save a large black friend?
Dana, either work for uninteresting terrorist or nonthreatening lowlifes, you can't do both.

2) blond and extremely attractive
Samus in zero suit
Dana in psychopath mode

3) Not getting their sweet revenge
Samus didn't end up killing Ridley
Dana didn't end up killing the lowlifes

Do you agree that Samus Aran and Dana Walsh have similarities?

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,600. Posted:

@OtherL

No ;)

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."