Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,561. Posted:

I think there are some story problems, mainly when it comes to explanation. Some things shouldn't be explained, while others should've been elaborated upon.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Faildude

1,562. Posted:

KingBroly wrote:

I think there are some story problems, mainly when it comes to explanation. Some things shouldn't be explained, while others should've been elaborated upon.

Name precise examples, please.

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,563. Posted:

@Faildude
You couldn't talk much about the story without spoiling the game. Read the Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS. That's all everyone talks about there.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,564. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

You couldn't talk much about the story without spoiling the game. Read the Metroid: Other M Thread of SPOILERS. That's all everyone talks about there.

yes it isn't like this topic specificially warns about spoilers or anything!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,565. Posted:

Well...she never explains WHY she left the GF exactly. We're just given the incident. She left over that, and she regrets leaving over it (years after the fact). Nothing more is explained about it. It would've been nice to see her reaction in the aftermath. For now, people just guess.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,566. Posted:

she wasn't comfortable following orders that she disagreed with. without explicitly stating it, she sums it up in a little monologue just after her flashback to that incident.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,567. Posted:

ReddLionz wrote:

I'm really mad at myself for not doing the same thing. With most Metroid games, like Prime and Super, I usually tackle a little bit of the game every time I play, but with this game, I just shot through the whole think in like 3 days. I guess I wanted to find out who the Deleter was.

Yeah me too I also ran through the game at a furiously faster pace than other Metroid games. Probably because of the storyline. Heck, I bought MP3 a year ago and I still haven't reached the ending yet. :P

Anyway, I thought the game was really good, but nowhere near the greatness of Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. I liked how you could use melee attacks to finish off almost every enemy, and the graphics and story were outstanding.

However, there were a LOT of flaws in this game. First of all, I hated how Adam was the one to grant you new powerups, rather than finding them somewhere on the ship. I especially thought it was stupid how, even though he knew you were going to the pyrosphere, he didn't allow Samus the Varia suit until the boss battle with that lava monster. Another gripe was how every missile expansion only gave you one extra missile. ONE! So, even though I found dozens of missile expansions, I only had about 38 missiles at the end of the game. This also leads to my other complaint: how you can't use missiles in 3rd person mode. While normally it was perfectly fine, it was EXTREMELY irritating when I had to fight **SPOILERS!** the Queen Metroid toward the end of the game. It spewed out six metroids that I had to fight all at once, and so freezing them, going into first person, dodging the other unfrozen metroids, and then lobbing missiles at the frozen metroids was a total pain. I must've died about 20 times before I finally beat her. **/END SPOILERS!** The list goes on and on, but I'll stop here.

If I had to rank Other M and the other Metroid games, here's how I'd rank them:

1. Metroid Prime
2. Super Metroid
3. Metroid Zero Mission
4. Metroid Fusion
5. Metroid Prime 3
6. Metroid Other M
7. Metroid Prime Hunters
8. Metroid II
9. Metroid Prime 2
10. Metroid

There really aren't any Bad Metroid games, but I didn't really like Echoes or the original Metroid much.

But back to Other M: The story itself was captivating and pretty well-done, but I didn't understand one thing: Who was the Deleter?

Edited on by Bassman_Q

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,568. Posted:

[]JAMES PIERCE[]

we could practically sticky that.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,569. Posted:

Qwikman+%26+Bass wrote:

Other M: I didn't understand one thing: Who was the Deleter?

The question isn't who was the Deleter, the question is who "is" the Deleter.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,570. Posted:

At the end of the day, the Deleter is DEAD.

KingBroly

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,571. Posted:

I now officially hate this game. The glitch has now gotten me 4 times and one of them was a save from my brothers game. I don't have the time or patience any more to play through this stupid game only to find myself stuck again. I wont go on about some of the things that bugged me about the game as I will just look like I'm a hater. It did have a good story but ill never get to see it now. I will use this as my next trade in for goldeneye or donkey Kong!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Token_Girl

1,572. Posted:

KingBroly wrote:

At the end of the day, the Deleter is DEAD.

DEAD dead or video game dead? They're two pretty different things.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,573. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

The glitch has now gotten me 4 times

you mean the one where you get the ice beam and have to do something completely random in order to get stuck?

Or is there some new glitch I don't know about?

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,574. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

The glitch has now gotten me 4 times

you mean the one where you get the ice beam and have to do something completely random in order to get stuck?

Or is there some new glitch I don't know about?

I believe its a new glitch. Shortly after you get the wave beam and go to sector 3 again. At the bottom of the elevator the door to the right is now locked. Ive seen the video of the other glitch and I'm not even to that point in the game yet.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,575. Posted:

i think that glitch is caused by backtracking to save after beating the squiggly armed nemesis boss instead of moving on and just going down the elevator like the game wants you to. i never found it necessary to go all the way back and save after that, so i don't know what people are doing, either way nintendo'll fix it for you for free if you send them your wii.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,576. Posted:

wait...why would you backtrack that much FOUR TIMES?

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,577. Posted:

No I never back tracked like I said I'm at a different point in the game.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

1,578. Posted:

@Tech then are you sure it's a glitch and you didn't miss anything?

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,579. Posted:

As soon as I get down the elevator it shows me to go there then doesn't open. Like I said on the monster hunter thread I've been on the other side of that door but didn't save!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

KingBroly

1,580. Posted:

You hit the game ending glitch I'm afraid. My advice to you is to download a completed game save and restart (if it's your first time through the game). Skip the cutscenes until you get back to where you were, but after that continue playing.

Honestly though, I've kinda switched my opinion on this game, namely how Samus is depicted. They just left stuff out, and that's not Samus. They got it wrong due to bad writing. If they're going for a dual personality thing, they only showed her softer side in cutscenes, which isn't a good way to depict character.

KingBroly