Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,742

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

The glitch has now gotten me 4 times

you mean the one where you get the ice beam and have to do something completely random in order to get stuck?

Or is there some new glitch I don't know about?

I believe its a new glitch. Shortly after you get the wave beam and go to sector 3 again. At the bottom of the elevator the door to the right is now locked. Ive seen the video of the other glitch and I'm not even to that point in the game yet.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

i think that glitch is caused by backtracking to save after beating the squiggly armed nemesis boss instead of moving on and just going down the elevator like the game wants you to. i never found it necessary to go all the way back and save after that, so i don't know what people are doing, either way nintendo'll fix it for you for free if you send them your wii.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

No I never back tracked like I said I'm at a different point in the game.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperPeach

@Tech then are you sure it's a glitch and you didn't miss anything?

SuperPeach

Spoony_Tech

As soon as I get down the elevator it shows me to go there then doesn't open. Like I said on the monster hunter thread I've been on the other side of that door but didn't save!

MERG said:

KingBroly

You hit the game ending glitch I'm afraid. My advice to you is to download a completed game save and restart (if it's your first time through the game). Skip the cutscenes until you get back to where you were, but after that continue playing.

Honestly though, I've kinda switched my opinion on this game, namely how Samus is depicted. They just left stuff out, and that's not Samus. They got it wrong due to bad writing. If they're going for a dual personality thing, they only showed her softer side in cutscenes, which isn't a good way to depict character.

KingBroly

Gamesake

I've seen the softer side of Samus too and while it wasn't the best experience I've ever had, I found controlling her for the short 10 hour excursion satisfying enough. I wouldn't mind playing through more of her crazy; such as, the postpartum depression, her Electra complex, and the post-traumatic stress disorder. Though that all does seem like a lot to pile onto one person-even if they are a cyborg.

...in my pants.

kkslider5552000

Gamesake wrote:

I've seen the softer side of Samus too and while it wasn't the best experience I've ever had, I found controlling her for the short 10 hour excursion satisfying enough. I wouldn't mind playing through more of her crazy; such as, the postpartum depression, her Electra complex, and the post-traumatic stress disorder. Though that all does seem like a lot to pile onto one person-even if they are a cyborg.

I agree completely. I just want it better written. Hire a great writer (probably a japanese writer for obvious reasons) from outside of the game industry if necessary.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

KingBroly wrote:

You hit the game ending glitch I'm afraid. My advice to you is to download a completed game save and restart (if it's your first time through the game). Skip the cutscenes until you get back to where you were, but after that continue playing.

I didn't know anything like this WWW.wiisave.com even existed. Thanks a lot! Not only did I find a file that was the next area after the cut scene i missed but it was also a complete file so I could see the movie I missed. Believe me I am now very happy! Got lucky on this one!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

romulux

makes you wonder... why doesn't nintendo just do something like this? it seems so impractical to send your whole system to them and have your data operated on instead of just putting a quick download up for your SD card on the official site.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Odnetnin

The voice acting and story so far is both hilariously and monotonously cheesy and uninspired. Ironically the cutscenes look gorgeous, but at the cost of my Wii sounding like it's choking to death half the time when I'm playing.

The gameplay is kind of neat (Wiimote only for a third-person action game and all), but aside from sensemove and overblast the combat basically consists of pressing '1' a lot and moving Samus around from time to time. Concentration move is ridiculous and stupid (why even kill enemies if they don't yield any health?), as is "Samus decides follow Adam's orders and not use Weapon X," which made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it.

There is a certain sense of intrigue of exploring this abandoned space facility, I admit, but I'm sure actual horror games like Dead Space do this much better. Me being sure that I've spent more time watching cutscenes than playing the game so far draws comparisons to MSG4, but with such rave reviews I would hope that executes "gaming as an interactive movie" better than this. Uncharted 2 also has seamless transitions from gameplay to cutscenes, but that game is so mind-blowing I hesitate to use it and Metroid in the same post.

So far what I'm getting from it is that it's a decent or even a good action game, but the other consoles do this type of game much better and I wouldn't want to play most of those now after experiencing this. Metroid: Other M is the case for Nintendo not trying to create another epic, cinematic roller-coaster of a game and instead focusing on what they do best: fun.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

KingBroly

I'd like for Nintendo to try and do another story-driven Metroid game if they don't have Sakamoto write it and allow for their treehouse to translate it well, and have better voice acting. However, the story needs to be a couple of things next time:

• Less intrusive
  • Less cutscene heavy

Also, in terms of "characterizing" Samus, Other M does nothing new. All it basically does is turn her from an angsty-teenager Bounty Hunter into a woman Bounty Hunter. No, I'm not joking. Well, at least that's what Other M wants you to believe.

KingBroly

KingBroly

At least you can't say she was reading off the page anymore.

KingBroly

Faildude

ballkirby1 wrote:

She even states she had "no previous contact with Metroid"

So?

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

KingBroly

Faildude wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

She even states she had "no previous contact with Metroid"

So?

Well...it might've helped her get into character a little bit to at least watch the intro of Super Metroid.

KingBroly

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I am LOVING this game. I've gotten to the giant, brown, maneating worms.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic