Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,742

ReddLionz

@Metroid_Fan
I completely agree. I really liked Anthony's character, and I think the voice acting was perfect for him. Same was for Samus. They really nailed the story and voice acting in this game IMO. And I could care less if Anthony seems taller out of his suit.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

romulux

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Adam: He wasn't laughing when he kicked that bug away, it was more like he was hyperventilating (judging from his reaction he has an insect-related phobia).

after killing the boss i think you can hear him say something like "it would have to be bugs", so maybe that's right.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: Something to that effect, yeah...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

on a related note, misawa had all of one spoken word in the whole story. is it any coincidence that he's the only asian team member? god this game is racist 2/5.

kkslider5552000

romulux wrote:

on a related note, misawa had all of one spoken word in the whole story. is it any coincidence that he's the only asian team member? god this game is racist 2/5.

hahahaha

Spoony says it's bad. 2/5

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JGMR

romulux wrote:

LOL

With kind regards,

JGMR

Issun

romulux wrote:

Hey, don't be that negative, he spoke TWO words, "Yes" and "Sir", well probably three, he probably did a mental "AAAAHHHHHH" sometime during the game. Also you have to make an effort, they did try to make an intenational team. So two more words+ the international effort makes 2/5+3 =5/5! CQFD!

Waffle !

kkslider5552000

Issun wrote:

romulux wrote:

Hey, don't be that negative, he spoke TWO words, "Yes" and "Sir", well probably three, he probably did a mental "AAAAHHHHHH" sometime during the game. Also you have to make an effort, they did try to make an intenational team. So two more words+ the international effort makes 2/5+3 =5/5! CQFD!

this makes more sense than half of popular reviews for anything hahahaha

I just started playing this game.

The Main Elevator confirms that this IS 3D Metroid Fusion. Which is awesome. (especially since I know that this game will be longer than that and the Wii obviously doesn't have GBA's limited music quality, which were my biggest problems with Fusion)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kid_A

Alright. It's going to be tough, but I'm going to try and rank my favorite Metroid games:
1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid: Zero Mission
3. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
4. Metroid Prime
5. Metroid Other M
6. Metroid Fusion
7. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
8. Metroid
9. Metroid Prime: Hunters
10. Metroid II
I don't think there are any bad Metroid games. Just ones that I happen to like more than others.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Philip_J_Reed

Of the ones I've played (and leaving off Metroid II, which I have played, but not in ages):

1) Metroid Prime 3
2) Metroid Prime
3) Metroid: Other M
4) Metroid Prime 2
5) Super Metroid
6) Metroid

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

pikku

I'll list mine even though I don't have Other M, Metroid II, or Super Metroid ()

1. Metroid Prime 2:Echoes
2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
3. Metroid Fusion
4. Metroid Prime
5. Metroid Zero Mission
6. Metroid Prime: Hunters
7. Metroid Prime Pinball (great game, just not a Metroid game really.)
8. Metroid

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Cia

My list of the ones i've played:

1. Metroid Prime
2. Metroid Fusion
3. Super Metroid
4. Metroid Prime 2
5. Metroid Zero Mission
6. Metroid Prime 3
7. Metroid

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Adam

10. Corruption
09. Prime
08. Echoes
07. Metroid 2
06. Metroid
05. Fusion
04. Other M
03. Zero Mission
02. Super Metroid
01. Hunters
[00. Symphony of the Night]

Pinball is the only one I haven't played, but pinball games are vaguely entertaining in general, so it can't be worse than Corruption or better than Prime. If multiplayer were ruled out, the list would obviously be much different. Probably the bottom of the list would be Corruption, Echoes, Hunters, Prime.

Not a very fair series to rank though. Even if they all involve the same basic concept of exploring for power-ups, they don't exactly expand upon this concept in some linear path like we can sort of see in Mario games, for example. I love Metroid's nonlinearity, 2's horror feel and Metroid evolutions, Other M's story and its attention to Samus's butt, Prime's lore, Hunters's ... well, hunters, Corruption's hunters as well, Echoes's puzzles, Fusion's narration, Super's graphics and music, Zero's stealth areas, and Pinball's... rumble pack?

If Super Metroid had difficulty options, I'd probably be completely satisfied with the series as far as single-player goes. I know there are self-imposed challenges where you skip energy tanks and stuff, but getting that stuff is half the fun. I'm still waiting for a Metroid game that puts the best bits and pieces of the series all together in one package, but it doesn't look like they ever want to go in just one direction, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, though consistency can be cool sometimes, too. Until then, I'm stuck with this idea of the perfect Metroid game... and then I just play Symphony of the Night and realize Konami's already made it.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kid_A

Adam wrote:

I'm still waiting for a Metroid game that puts the best bits and pieces of the series all together in one package, but it doesn't look like they ever want to go in just one direction, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, though consistency can be cool sometimes, too. Until then, I'm stuck with this idea of the perfect Metroid game... and then I just play Symphony of the Night and realize Konami's already made it.

For me, that was Zero Mission. Not only was it a perfect balance between action, puzzles and exploration, but it gave just the right amount of guidance to the players without imposing on the series' knack for a sense of isolation. The guidance also somehow managed to keep the game from being linear--there's plenty of alternate paths to take and multiple ways to beat the game. Not only that, but it had a pretty nice story as well.

Super Metroid's cinematic flair and artistic brilliance make it my favorite, but Zero Mission comes darn close--and as an over-all package I'd say it's probably the best example of a Metroid game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

you guys are making me wish i had a GBA. i borrowed someone's way back to play fusion but never tried zero mission. fingers crossed for the 3DS VC...

when it comes to an amalgamated metroid that's pretty much what i thought other M was. at times it feels like super metroid, fusion, metroid II, or prime... sometimes it feels like all those games at once. i completely understand why sakamoto kept calling it the ultimate metroid now. if they made a sequel in this style and varied the environments a little more and got kenji back on the score i could see it becoming my favorite.

Aviator

ReddLionz wrote:

Hey...uh, does anybody know if there a way to dodge in first-person mode? I can't figure it out.

Your visor should flash yellow, then all you have to do if flick the remote away from the screen, and you'll dodge.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Gamer83

Sakamoto sounds like he's near impossible to work with. And some of the stuff I've read he wouldn't budge off of was really stupid. If they want to make a Metroid game in this style again, I don't care if it's Team Ninja, an in-house studio or whoever, Sakamoto has to let them at least use the nunchuk, in fact, even though he'll have to be involved in the game, I want Iwata or somebody to reign him in a little bit. He had way too much control over this game and he hurt it in certain ways. It turned out good overall, but it could've been even better without some of his choices. Next time around he needs to back off a bit.

Gamer83

Aviator

Why does everybody want the Nunchuck? I don't understand how this game would be improved with it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Not_a_Tapir

Aviator wrote:

Why does everybody want the Nunchuck? I don't understand how this game would be improved with it.

Not even first person mode?

Not_a_Tapir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic