Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

1,401. Posted:

Oh cool thanks romulux.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,402. Posted:

Chicken Brutus wrote:

So are those platforms just a red herring? Or can you do something with them?

Nope, not a red herring, their purpose is to help you get to the expansion, it just takes a bit of effort to get up to the second platform. I know it took me two tries or so before I was able to get up there...

@romulux: Yeah, I was disappointed by the exclusion of the pseudo-screw attack, too, but its exclusion isn't that big a deal. The one thing that I minded the most was the ceiling added to the space jump, but I can see why they did it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,403. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

So are those platforms just a red herring? Or can you do something with them?

Nope, not a red herring, their purpose is to help you get to the expansion, it just takes a bit of effort to get up to the second platform. I know it took me two tries or so before I was able to get up there...

Two tries or so? You must be good! I gave up after what had to be 8 or 9 tries at least.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,404. Posted:

@CB: They don't call me Metroid_Fan for nothing... :P

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,405. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

I just beat the game (I admit I didn't try hard to find the hidden stuff) and the ending is pretty cringe-worthy. Not going to go into any details, naturally.

Of course, the writing and dialogue were the biggest problem for me throughout the game anyway.

I wasn't a big fan of the first ending either, but the hidden ending more than makes up for it :)

There is a hidden ending? Damn, and my rental ran out last night. Off to find it on Youtube!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,406. Posted:

For the record, to dodge in first person mode you don't shake the remote--you quickly swipe the pointer to one side of the screen

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,407. Posted:

Thanks for the clarification. I told my friend he could shake it, and I think he thought I was messing with him. Of course, I just told him he was doing it wrong, but I would have said that even had I known better.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

1,408. Posted:

Personally, I think the dull quality in Samus's voice during her internal monologues was a great way to go. My biggest problem with the voice acting is actually Anthony. He's certainly not dull but just the opposite. That voice actor does a lot of over-acting. I mean, for example, nobody gets that excited over explaining how you need to blow down a door to get further into the ship or does it in a way that would make you think he's talking to a bunch of 6-year-olds if 6-year-olds could understand what he's talking about.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,409. Posted:

None of the other characters but Adam and Samus had particularly good voices, and they looked weird, too, especially Anthony. I was kind of disappointed with the supporting cast. They seemed poorly done and underdeveloped. But they're also not the reason I played the game, so the disappointment amounted to nothing significant.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,410. Posted:

Adam wrote:

None of the other characters but Adam and Samus had particularly good voices, and they looked weird, too, especially Anthony. I was kind of disappointed with the supporting cast. They seemed poorly done and underdeveloped. But they're also not the reason I played the game, so the disappointment amounted to nothing significant.

I know right, he was like 200 feet taller than her when not in their suits, but they were the same height in their suits?

MIND**** much??

I didn't mind Samus that much, and I like the occasional one liners like when Anthony was attacked and when Ridley emerged.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,411. Posted:

I noticed that, too! Really weird. But I was thinking more of their faces. Anthony's just didn't look right, especially the way his mouth moved. The others were just not memorable. In fact, early on, two or three of them I couldn't tell apart and even confused with Adam often.

Oh, and that scene in the beginning where one kicks the bug in the air and blasts it while laughing like an idiot? What the heck? Not exactly behavior you'd expect from a professional, much less behavior that a general would tolerate. Seemed really out of place and over acted, but thankfully that was the only minor instance of overacting I recall. Other than that, they all acted for the most part believably, I thought, but just looked a little odd.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,412. Posted:

@Adam: He wasn't laughing when he kicked that bug away, it was more like he was hyperventilating (judging from his reaction he has an insect-related phobia). As for confusing the supporting cast with Adam, I'm sure you mean Lyle, since he looked pretty much exactly like Adam, except he had more lines on his face.

I loved Anthony, myself, he was a great character and his voice was goofy, yet pleasant. As for the height discrepancy, I'm sure the heels of Samus's Power Suit aren't exactly low, and I'm sure that the helmet and shoulder pads give the illusion of greater height. Samus isn't exactly a short woman, either, so that means Anthony must be pushing seven feet to tower over her like that...

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

1,413. Posted:

@Metroid_Fan
I completely agree. I really liked Anthony's character, and I think the voice acting was perfect for him. Same was for Samus. They really nailed the story and voice acting in this game IMO. And I could care less if Anthony seems taller out of his suit.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,414. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Adam: He wasn't laughing when he kicked that bug away, it was more like he was hyperventilating (judging from his reaction he has an insect-related phobia).

after killing the boss i think you can hear him say something like "it would have to be bugs", so maybe that's right.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,415. Posted:

@romulux: Something to that effect, yeah...

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,416. Posted:

on a related note, misawa had all of one spoken word in the whole story. is it any coincidence that he's the only asian team member? god this game is racist 2/5.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,417. Posted:

romulux wrote:

on a related note, misawa had all of one spoken word in the whole story. is it any coincidence that he's the only asian team member? god this game is racist 2/5.

hahahaha

Spoony says it's bad. 2/5

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,418. Posted:

romulux wrote:

LOL :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Issun

1,419. Posted:

romulux wrote:

Hey, don't be that negative, he spoke TWO words, "Yes" and "Sir", well probably three, he probably did a mental "AAAAHHHHHH" sometime during the game. Also you have to make an effort, they did try to make an intenational team. So two more words+ the international effort makes 2/5+3 =5/5! CQFD!

Waffle !

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,420. Posted:

Issun wrote:

romulux wrote:

Hey, don't be that negative, he spoke TWO words, "Yes" and "Sir", well probably three, he probably did a mental "AAAAHHHHHH" sometime during the game. Also you have to make an effort, they did try to make an intenational team. So two more words+ the international effort makes 2/5+3 =5/5! CQFD!

this makes more sense than half of popular reviews for anything hahahaha

I just started playing this game.

The Main Elevator confirms that this IS 3D Metroid Fusion. Which is awesome. (especially since I know that this game will be longer than that and the Wii obviously doesn't have GBA's limited music quality, which were my biggest problems with Fusion)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/