Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,742

The_Fox

I just beat the game (I admit I didn't try hard to find the hidden stuff) and the ending is pretty cringe-worthy. Not going to go into any details, naturally.

Of course, the writing and dialogue were the biggest problem for me throughout the game anyway.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

ReddLionz

Wow....this game is truly amazing. The combat is so fun, the story is intense, and it just feels like a complete Metroid game.
Although the last thing I'm going to do is compare this game to the Prime games, because that would just start an explosion in my head trying to decide.
but I think it takes a little too long for the Speed Booster to kick in

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

Kid_A

The Fox wrote:

I just beat the game (I admit I didn't try hard to find the hidden stuff) and the ending is pretty cringe-worthy. Not going to go into any details, naturally.

Of course, the writing and dialogue were the biggest problem for me throughout the game anyway.

I wasn't a big fan of the first ending either, but the hidden ending more than makes up for it

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ReddLionz

Hey...uh, does anybody know if there a way to dodge in first-person mode? I can't figure it out.

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

romulux

slapshot82 wrote:

I do agree with romulux with the lock on break.

i was messing with it last night and i realized that if you let go of the trigger and pull it again you can switch targets pretty easily, you just have to aim really well at the thing you want to lock to. that sums up my whole experience with the controls, it's easy to complain about them but when you use them long enough you'll find a way to make everything work.

by the way, has anybody else done two overblasts in a row? i blew away one hopper and landed directly on another, and it let me blast him without being fully charged up. awesome.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

ReddLionz

@romulux
hahaha yeah I did a triple overblast once. No limit to the combat is there?

"Just do It" -Nike

romulux

reddlionz, just shake the remote

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Adam

I had no idea you could dodge. Mind-blowing.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ReddLionz

Oh cool thanks romulux.

"Just do It" -Nike

Deviant_Mugen

Chicken Brutus wrote:

So are those platforms just a red herring? Or can you do something with them?

Nope, not a red herring, their purpose is to help you get to the expansion, it just takes a bit of effort to get up to the second platform. I know it took me two tries or so before I was able to get up there...

@romulux: Yeah, I was disappointed by the exclusion of the pseudo-screw attack, too, but its exclusion isn't that big a deal. The one thing that I minded the most was the ceiling added to the space jump, but I can see why they did it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Philip_J_Reed

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

So are those platforms just a red herring? Or can you do something with them?

Nope, not a red herring, their purpose is to help you get to the expansion, it just takes a bit of effort to get up to the second platform. I know it took me two tries or so before I was able to get up there...

Two tries or so? You must be good! I gave up after what had to be 8 or 9 tries at least.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

@CB: They don't call me Metroid_Fan for nothing...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

The_Fox

Kid_A wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of the first ending either, but the hidden ending more than makes up for it

There is a hidden ending? Damn, and my rental ran out last night. Off to find it on Youtube!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Kid_A

For the record, to dodge in first person mode you don't shake the remote--you quickly swipe the pointer to one side of the screen

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

Thanks for the clarification. I told my friend he could shake it, and I think he thought I was messing with him. Of course, I just told him he was doing it wrong, but I would have said that even had I known better.

Come on, friends,

BulbasaurusRex

Personally, I think the dull quality in Samus's voice during her internal monologues was a great way to go. My biggest problem with the voice acting is actually Anthony. He's certainly not dull but just the opposite. That voice actor does a lot of over-acting. I mean, for example, nobody gets that excited over explaining how you need to blow down a door to get further into the ship or does it in a way that would make you think he's talking to a bunch of 6-year-olds if 6-year-olds could understand what he's talking about.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Adam

None of the other characters but Adam and Samus had particularly good voices, and they looked weird, too, especially Anthony. I was kind of disappointed with the supporting cast. They seemed poorly done and underdeveloped. But they're also not the reason I played the game, so the disappointment amounted to nothing significant.

Come on, friends,

Aviator

Adam wrote:

None of the other characters but Adam and Samus had particularly good voices, and they looked weird, too, especially Anthony. I was kind of disappointed with the supporting cast. They seemed poorly done and underdeveloped. But they're also not the reason I played the game, so the disappointment amounted to nothing significant.

I know right, he was like 200 feet taller than her when not in their suits, but they were the same height in their suits?

MIND**** much??

I didn't mind Samus that much, and I like the occasional one liners like when Anthony was attacked and when Ridley emerged.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Adam

I noticed that, too! Really weird. But I was thinking more of their faces. Anthony's just didn't look right, especially the way his mouth moved. The others were just not memorable. In fact, early on, two or three of them I couldn't tell apart and even confused with Adam often.

Oh, and that scene in the beginning where one kicks the bug in the air and blasts it while laughing like an idiot? What the heck? Not exactly behavior you'd expect from a professional, much less behavior that a general would tolerate. Seemed really out of place and over acted, but thankfully that was the only minor instance of overacting I recall. Other than that, they all acted for the most part believably, I thought, but just looked a little odd.

Come on, friends,

Deviant_Mugen

@Adam: He wasn't laughing when he kicked that bug away, it was more like he was hyperventilating (judging from his reaction he has an insect-related phobia). As for confusing the supporting cast with Adam, I'm sure you mean Lyle, since he looked pretty much exactly like Adam, except he had more lines on his face.

I loved Anthony, myself, he was a great character and his voice was goofy, yet pleasant. As for the height discrepancy, I'm sure the heels of Samus's Power Suit aren't exactly low, and I'm sure that the helmet and shoulder pads give the illusion of greater height. Samus isn't exactly a short woman, either, so that means Anthony must be pushing seven feet to tower over her like that...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic