Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,341. Posted:

And yeah I'm saving this comic turtlelink. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

SilentJ

1,342. Posted:

@turtlelink
Lol! That comic is full of Win!

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,343. Posted:

@turtlelink: Great comic...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,344. Posted:

@Dice.... SMG2 and Sin and Punishment for Metroid Other M.... dude, Im sorry you got screwed!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,345. Posted:

@Dice: The supporting characters have no charisma? Obviously you haven't played very much of this game. Also, you don't strike me as a fan of the Metroid series, so I don't see any reason why you'd trade in two of your "best" games for Other M (I mean besides the price discount). Well, you can continue kicking yourself for trading in two games and drowning in regret while I enjoy this masterpiece...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Dicesukeinuzuka

1,346. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Dice: The supporting characters have no charisma? Obviously you haven't played very much of this game. Also, you don't strike me as a fan of the Metroid series, so I don't see any reason why you'd trade in two of your "best" games for Other M (I mean besides the price discount). Well, you can continue kicking yourself for trading in two games and drowning in regret while I enjoy this masterpiece...

yeah, sorry about that, I actually guess I was warming up to the game, the first boss fight pissed me off, and that one dude who shoot at the purple bugs made me feel that all of the supporting guys were a bunch of losers with out charisma, but after watching my bro play, I see what your saying :P
For some reason, I get like that with a lot of games the first time I buy them at full price, same thing happened with S&P2, and Mario Galaxy 2. Sorry about that :D Adam is pretty cool so far, and Samus' voice has begun to grow on me, I guess I'll have to play this a bit longer before making quick judgements.

Edited on by Dicesukeinuzuka

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,347. Posted:

90's Gamer wrote:

An interquel between Metroid II and Super Metroid would've been very interesting, instead of building further upon the (great nonetheless) Fusion title....

ha, i don't think there's much room between those two, unless you want to see samus' trip from sr388 to ceres station.

Dicesukeinuzuka wrote:

it would have been so much less cluttered if they would have used the nunchuck

how? people keep saying this but i can't for the life of me figure out what the nunchuck could offer; you've got plenty of buttons already and the analog stick would feel really awkward to control with. unless you want to move in 1st person, which is impossible for a whole bunch of reasons.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,348. Posted:

@Dice: Glad to know that you're warming up to it now that you've experienced it a bit more. Also, you should be prepared to have Anthony become one of your favorite characters by the end of the game...

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,349. Posted:

I finally beat the game. I'll post in the other thread now, so I don't spoil anyone again. >.>

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

1,350. Posted:

I played a bit of Other M at a Best Buy today. My first impression is that while the 3D controls fine with just the Wii Remote, the FPS can be frustraitingly innacurate. Maybe it was the store's Sensor Bar or something.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,351. Posted:

new sakamoto interview. he actually likes reading the negative impressions: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263225

part of why he wanted to establish samus' character is because of the metroid prime series, which he hints might have given people the wrong idea about who she was. for instance, it's kind of hard to believe that samus could be so traumatized fighting ridley in other m after seeing her calmly jam her arm cannon in his mouth in corruption. i suspected things like that are why he didn't feel too comfortable with retro handling metroid... he does say a lot of good things about retro otherwise, though.

he also confirms that a sequel to other m would have to use team ninja again.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,352. Posted:

Nobody has helped me with my problem. The last two friggin' missile tanks. They're in the main sector--one in a large elevator room, and one in the room directly to the east of Adam's command post. In order to get to the latter, I know I have to take a secret elevator in sector 2. But the elevator that leads to the missile tank is red, and flashing. I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,353. Posted:

@romolux... umm strafing in First Person would make a lot of things easier. The nunchuk could also allow you to be able to strafe while in Thrid Person and then there is the option to not have to have auto aim wich is because of the lack of buttons... oh and camera control....

All the games major control/camera issues solved with one ALREADY available periphial!

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,354. Posted:

i don't think auto aim has anything to do with buttons, it was about keeping the shooting the same in 3D as it felt in the old games, letting you run and shoot without thinking about it.

i can see using the IR camera work for aiming, but if sin and punishment 2 proves anything it's that it's still really finnicky trying to aim in a 3D world from a 2D perspective, since the game gets really confused about whether you're aiming in the foreground or background and often won't target what you're trying to aim at. personally i don't think you're missing much with auto aim.

strafing could still have been done using the D pad or + and - even if they had wanted, but with the dodge move i never missed being able to strafe. i also never once wanted to adjust the camera and thought they did a really good job there, so i obviously didn't come away with the same impressions you did... it all felt pretty good to me just the way it was

Edited on by romulux

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,355. Posted:

I can't wait to get this game...

it sounds like people are mostly BETRAYED that Samus actually has a personality, even if it has probably a bit too much drama and stuff...apparently

Really I'll go with the "people are just being extreme feminists and are butthurt idiots" for now as with Nintendo's awesome amount of games in the next few months, and the lack of dissappointments from games for over a year, it would be weird to have one huge dissappointment in the middle of all of this. This isn't 2004 where every game dissappointed me or something. (in case you don't get that. my personal preference for MP2 and PM:TTYD and KATAM and Custom Robo and Four Swords "no one can afford multiplayer" Adventures and Sonic Heroes compared to the Adventure games and Viewtiful Joe 2 etc etc)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

1,356. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Nobody has helped me with my problem. The last two friggin' missile tanks. They're in the main sector--one in a large elevator room, and one in the room directly to the east of Adam's command post. In order to get to the latter, I know I have to take a secret elevator in sector 2. But the elevator that leads to the missile tank is red, and flashing. I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Im not really sure what place you are describing, but I know one thing for certain; you can never turn on any elevators post game, but you are able to get every item post game. I think the 2 tanks your talking about are also on the way to the diamond, so I would suggest heading there (and even if you already did the thing at the diamond, you may have missed some on the way)

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,357. Posted:

@Kid_A: Forget about trying to use elevators that are glowing red, those are no longer in service. As for the tanks you're describing, I know that to get to the first one you need to make your way to where the map marker is and in the room where you ride the elevator down SPOILERS (the one that gets stuck and you have to power bomb your way out of) /SPOILERS there's a morph ball tunnel that wraps around the shaft, that's where you'll find the missile tank. As for the second one you mentioned, you're on your own, since I can't remember it...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,358. Posted:

Such mixed feelings for this game...it's astounding

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,359. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Kid_A: Forget about trying to use elevators that are glowing red, those are no longer in service. As for the tanks you're describing, I know that to get to the first one you need to make your way to where the map marker is and in the room where you ride the elevator down SPOILERS (the one that gets stuck and you have to power bomb your way out of) /SPOILERS there's a morph ball tunnel that wraps around the shaft, that's where you'll find the missile tank. As for the second one you mentioned, you're on your own, since I can't remember it...

I can't get that elevator to work either :(

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,360. Posted:

@romolux.... oh yeah its all matter of opinion. The game is still fun, but I own the Ninja Gaiden Sigmas and love them and know how great Team Ninja can do with an extensive fighting engine with muliple weapons and all in 3D with a decent camera all at the same time, and I fell that they left this game lacking in controls and camera. Im still enjoying the heck out of the game, but I do understand the mixed feelings from the reviewers and as Im no diehard of any series that I overlook issues, I see the issues in this game as just that flaws. I am a fan of Metroid, and having fun and that is what its all about, its a $50 bucks well spent and a must have for any Metroid fan.